Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/HEALTHY

Height: 5"6

Smile New chick to forum with a question

Hello everyone:

My name is Angela and I am new to this forum. I usually post in the PCOS forum.

I have COE (compulsive overeating) and joined this forum in hopes to talk and meet with others who have the same "issue" with eating as I.

I have read of the challenges you have in this forum and I am very interested in them. When you ask how long you have been "binge free", do you all have guidelines as to what a binge is or just your personal experience as to what you believe a binge is?

I know that sounds strange but it has come up before (not on this board).

Thanks for responding!

Angela
Inkabetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

My idea of binge free is, I am keeping within the guidelines of the nutritional plan I am following which right now is weight watchers. If I binge that means to me I ate a food(s) that I know are not healthy, went way over my point range (not buy just a couple of points either) and for me kept on going until I could eat no more

I don't know what everyone's definition is and I am sure we are all different but I think deep down everyone has a mental picture of what their binge looks like
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 AM   #3  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabetty View Post
When you ask how long you have been "binge free", do you all have guidelines as to what a binge is or just your personal experience as to what you believe a binge is?
For me, I know--very clearly and almost instantly--the difference between a "slip" that takes me over calories or off-plan by a bit (a little bit, quite a bit, whatever) and a BINGE, because a binge feels (to me) out of control. I no longer have the power of my own logic to stop me (or if I do hear that voice that says, "Gracie, stop it. You can get control of this," I stick my tongue out at it and keep on going--the binge has taken control of ME).

So, for me, it's less about reaching a certain calorie level or eating a certain oversized portion or a "bad" food and more about the out-of-control feeling.

When I am "binge free," I have been in control of my choices and not the other way around.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

i'm the same way as full of grace... binging for me is that loss of control as opposed to an indulgence that I consciously chose to have.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 114/112/104

Height: 5 foot 1 1/2

Hello Inkabetty!

I just joined too- Iris has summed up my bingeing completely. I know when I am about to binge,I when I am doing it, I know I should stop, and I chose not to.
AudreyHepurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #6  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I don't have written guidelines, but I'm sure there are some out there if you're looking for some. It's not just eating comfort food, although eating certain things can lead toward a binge. It's a point where it's less about the taste of the food and more about just consuming. I came very close this week. I could actually feel the binge building.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/HEALTHY

Height: 5"6

Thank you ladies very much for sharing with me.

I seem to binge like some of you. The only thing with me is that I dont know when a binge is going to happen most of the time and it's like one thing leads to another, then another, and so on.

I am going to not buy any of my trigger foods no matter what my head says to me.

Again I appreciate y'all for sharing with me.

Angela
Inkabetty is offline   Reply With Quote