Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Wink Overeating triggers

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's overeating triggers are. I personally have a few...

-If I am having a good time, I will generally want to make it even better by having some sort of treat
-If I am bored, eating distracts me for awhile
-If I am upset or annoyed I will eat so that I don't have to deal with it
-When I am watching tv, I had better have something to keep me occupied during the commercials otherwise I make a beeline for the kitchen and just eat whatever is there
-Any sort of salty snack I will not be able to stop eating, such as chips and salsa, potato chips, *POPCORN*

Those are the ones I can come up with off the top of my head, although I am sure theres more.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

1. If I'm bored.
2. If I'm stressed.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #3  

Anytime I feel stressed or overwhelmed (which seems to happen more often than it should) I tend to go to the kitchen.
As for the foods that really get to me... pizza, I have a heck of a time stopping at just 1 or 2...or 3. Fritos, cheesecake...I'm sure there are lots more but salty crunchy cheesey or gooey, all of those are some serious triggers for me. These are the foods I have to seriously limit or avoid, becuase I will totally go off the deep end.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #4  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

If I am in a situation where I'm eating out at a restaurant. I don't remember the last time I ate out.
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #5  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh yeah, going out to eat is a hard one for me too. Not so much that I want to overeat, or even that I can't control it but the portions are so large and it seems like stuff in restaurants is so much more fattening with tons more calories
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Any situation in which I feel anxiety. This could be "happy" anxiety (excitement), "indifferent" anxiety (boredom - yes, boredom makes me anxious) or "bad" anxiety (fear, depression, etc.).
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #7  
skinny jeans here i come!

S/C/G: 218/195/160

Height: 6'1

when i'm bored, i start to think about what i ate that day. then i think about what i COULD be eating instead, which is probably something more delicious and considerably less healthy. then i somehow justify eating said food.

when i surround myself with people/activity, i find i have greater success not overeating.
zero calories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Boredom is my main trigger, and watching TV or sitting at the 'puter, definitely a problem for me.

Last edited by mimzy; 09-10-2008 at 03:40 AM.
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Seems like for me it is when I don't feel good, whatever that entails. I suffer from alot of headaches, so if I feel crappy, food will pick me up. I also have a sleeping disorder and so food gives me quick energy! But, I do want to live to see more grandkids, so the effort has to be made. I find that if I keep alternatives to stuff like chips - fatfree popcorn or icecream - weight watchers latte bars, etc. it really, really helps alot. Plus, trying to get motivated to move more helps - the problem is, it's hard to keep the motivation going. Two weeks at a time seems to be my theme. Any ideas????
AspiringButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #10  
In the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
1. If I'm bored.
2. If I'm stressed.
Same here.
Caly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #11  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

If I'm bored, stressed or have any negative feeling. I also find that even if I've experienced something negative that day and dont directly feel bad about it I'll binge.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #12  
To thine ownself be true

S/C/G: 143/129/120

Height: 5'4"

Peanut butter! I CANNOT stop once I start. I will eat it right out of the jar with a spoon. I did not have it in my house for a long time. Now, my BF hides it from me until I want some and then monitors me while I measure my two tablespoons. Pathetic, huh?

Carla
caloriecountingcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: see ticker

Bored and Stressed here, too.

And with my husband not working and going back to school instead while I am the only one bringing home the bacon (oh, is it in poor form to reference "naughty" foods here ) I find myself wanting to eat more and more.

I cannot have cheese or peanut butter in the house. I will eat the entire jar of pb, and the cheese will get sliced and melted in the microwave. Never really had the urge to binge on the broccoli, though.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #14  

I should probably start paying attention to this better. There are some days where I don't overeat at all, then all of the sudden, I will. But I never tried figuring out why. Hmmmmmm.
Joslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

If the food is there, I will eat it! If I know it's around waiting to be eatin, I will eat it. My other trigger is boredom as well. I have found that doing some short of craft while watch TV or a movies is helpful, but it doesn't always do the trick.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote