Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default Stopped Bingeing. No impact on weight, really.

In 3 months of being binge free..I've lost..DRUM ROLL... FOUR POUNDS.

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered stopping bingeing, yknow? Because clearly I can eat loads (seriously, I ate tonnes) and still have a BMI of 23 or something. However, I do feel less like a bloated greedy slug, so that's not bad.

But if I have such a lucky body that I can be healthy weight on frequent bingeing, why arn't I losing weight now I've waay cut my food consumption? Admittedly I do eat about 2000/day right now, with moderate exercise, but c'mon..I used to eat about 2600/day on average (I binged frequently) with moderate exercise, so what the heck?

Lucky I quit bingeing for mental health and financial reasons, I guess, because it sure hasn't made me any thinner, in real terms.

URGH
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:17 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

You need to reduce your calories to less than 2000.. You typically need to reduce your calories by about 400 when trying to lose weight. Bear in mind as you do begin to lose weight and become healthier your body will adjust and so your diet must. When you only have say 30 lbs to lose in cocmparison to say 200 it's always going to be a slower loss.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

I'm not quitting bingeing for weight loss, I'm quitting because it's disordered and makes me feel gross!

Last edited by Mongoose; 08-04-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #4  

Yeah but my point is..why is it that my weights are pretty much the smae on 2,000 and 2,600 cals / day on avergae? WHY? I didn't think the human body worked like taht
Old 08-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Because it takes 3,500 calories to GAIN weight and about 1450 to LOSE. And therefore your body is maintaining inbetween those two numbers.

Last edited by Spoz; 08-04-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #6  

But if I maintain on (sorry, I am genuinely confused) 2,600 a day, on average, and drop calories to 2,000, that means that I now have a deficit compared to what I did have.

So these 600 deficits should have mounted up by now over 3 months into much more weightloss.

It's like my body just maintains on a different number now for NO apparant reason. That's what I don't get. How come I remove 3,600+ calories I PREVIOUSLY ate a WEEK and I don't lose much?? I don't get it.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

But you have lost - you lost 4 lbs! I know you would like to have lost more but, at your height, your current weight is actually into the healthy weight range so, no matter what you do (or don't do), your weight loss is probably going to go more slowly than someone who is further away from their healthy weight. But slowly is better than nothing isn't it?
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #8  
Burning it away

Yes but think about it, the difference between 1450 calories and 3500+ is huge. that means theres a huge number of calories you can eat and still maintain. Sadly as yoyo has mentioned being at a healthy weight will slow your progress down so the chance is that you just haven't reduced them enough. I can understand your frustration but thats just the way it is! try about 1500-1800 and you'll probably see more difference.

Last edited by Spoz; 08-04-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

It's possible that you've made more progress than the scale shows. A lot of folks retain more fluid during the summer heat and that could account for several pounds.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:58 AM   #10  

^ all sane and sensible answers.

Well it is something, I mean at least I didn't gain! That would have been crazy.