Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #1  

Default I am so hungry! why?

I have started a very high protein high fiber diet of 200-300 calories every three hours. I heard that eating six time a day meals of high protein and fiber
helps a person feel less hungry.

But I am starving on this diet. I want to eat the paint off the walls. When you eat six times a day you are susposed to feel less hungry but I think I feel more hungry.

Is my metabolsm faster? Is that why?

I drink alot of water with my meals and suck on sugar free peppermints between. Nothing helps. My body wants me to eat.

I got tired of being so hungry and started stuffing food in my face. I just can't control it.
shootingstar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #2  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

What does your total daily caloric intake look like? If you're only eating 200 calories at each meal, that's 1200/day, and you very well may not be getting enough food. If you're eating 300 calories at each meal, that's 1800. That's a big difference!

If you are eating a sufficient amount but your body is still adjusting to this new way of eating, you might be experiencing cravings for sugar.

If it were me, I would try eating more on-plan foods - veggies, fruit, some lean meat (if you're a meat-eater) and see if that helps curb the hunger.

Just my two cents. Hang in there - you'll figure out what you body is telling you!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8

You could be dehydrated, not getting enough good carbs or lacking in other essential nutrients? One of those is usually the reason why I feel like I'm starving sometimes.

Hang in there! Don't get controlled by the binge-monster! Have a hearty bowl of cereal or a half a bagel with peanut butter (that does the trick for me!)
I use Western Bagels Sweet Wheat (only 110 for the whole bagel)
and Bettern' Butter PB. (only 100 for 2 TBsp)

Good luck!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 420/396/350

Height: 5'1"

I used to be starving feeling all of the time until i started taking spirulina by dxn, tried others but that one really seems to help me ALOT!! Maybe you are lacking nutrition and that's why your body wants you to keep eating? That possible? Anyway i got mine at psoria.info/spirulina.html if you want to check it out, it tells alot about them and it really makes sense. I tried some store brand first to save money but they didn't help me, so not sure whats up there if its just me or the cheaper brands really aren't as good cuz not as much nutrients in them. Good luck to you hunny! I know how hard it is when your constantly hungry!
BIG B00TY is offline   Reply With Quote