Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8

Good job ladies on avoiding greasy pizza and frozen yogurt!

Peachy, don't you absolutely HATE it when you go out and eat just to come home and find that your "smart" decision.. wasn't so much? That used to happen to me quite a bit back when I first started counting calories. Now, I have to do everything in my power to find nutritional facts for restaurants and know what I'm going to order before I leave the house!

My first day of my challenge is almost over, the meals and snacks I've planned out have kept me satisfied! Not to mention that before the BF left for the week I made him take all the chips and other things that I find myself munching on here and there through out the day. They're his chips, he can eat em!

Good job and good luck to all of you! =]
Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 256.6/242.8/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats ladies! Everybody is doing so well keep up the good work!

I have finished 8 days binge free and now im working on my 9th. It's been really hard but im doing it!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #18  

Exclamation its OK peachey

Peachey,
I know exactly the logic you were using...I do it all the time myself. The important thing is that you took control and left the kitchen. I am not sure that I could have done that yet! So celebrate that victory and realize this is a process and none of us are perfect!

Today is another day and we are all going to be tempted. Lets just try to take each minute of the day we don't binge as small milestones and keep on our journey!!

We will make it!
Flappy
Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #19  

Default Day 3 wish me luck

Britt
Great work ending your first day! Today is the start of day three of not bingeing and somehow I don't feel as strong...but it is early. I am going to the gym to walk on the treadmill and I usually feel better after that!

Oh well, I have to say this forum has kept me honest for the last 48 hours
Thanks for all of the support
flappy
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #20  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I have successfully completed day 8. I thought my weight was up this morning but upon stepping on the scale again I was down a bit! yay! Anyway.. Not binging definitly has it's rewards! yay for ys non bingers!

Last edited by mountain mama; 07-29-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #21  

Default Fauxtini you rock!!

Fauxtini,
Nice job...listen the truth is you probably lost more weight and are just carrying water weight around. Eight days is just a dream for me...and you made it!

Hang in there, if you were able to do eight days..you can do more...I have complete faith in you!!!

I will be on day number four tomorrow and I will try not to let any one on this forum down!!!

Having to be accountable to all of you has made the world of difference...
Thanks and lets look forward to another day of writing our own victory emails!!
Flappy
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I WANTED to go out for fast food and REALLY pig out today, then I thought of it as I drove that direction - I'm on a diet and a money diet. Fast food ads up, I'm trying to cut stupid spending including restaurants and Red Bull. I have a fridge packed with stuff, some of it from lists from organic and etc books that I need to figure out how to cook, why would I need to go to a restaurant? I am starting to LIKE soy burgers besides. If I need a burger 80 calories is much less damage then 800. I'm PROUD I didn't give into my WANT to binge, however I did go out and get a smoothie, the lowest cal berry one with added protein. Moped for awhile at the bookstore. Came home, had a really nice steak dinner with veggies and I know tomorrow will be another day. Not only won't I binge, I won't go to a restaurant.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #23  

Wooo hooo horsey!!! Super job!!! I alwasy do that too.. start going someplace then turn around.. stuff like that. That's awesome!! It's harder to turn back half way throgh so judos to you for that!!

Day 9 for me and i didn't even have a piece of cake at my moms bday last night.. hehe i cut one.. but then i left it on the counter. i knew if i had one piece of cake it wouldlead to more.. and more.. and more.. haha
Old 07-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #24  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

There is a big bar of chocolate my brother has left in the fridge and right this moment it's taking every fiber of my being to not go eat the whole lot. but I know I'll feel awful, probably gain weight and have to come to one of these threads and own up. So I'm going to go chew on a stick of celery for 2 calories.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #25  

That's right,Spoz! Hide it! Throw it out and buy him a new one later if it gets too bad!!! He would understand.. right?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #26  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
That's right,Spoz! Hide it! Throw it out and buy him a new one later if it gets too bad!!! He would understand.. right?
Thats what I do when I find "bad" food sooo tempting, I throw it out. Or send if off with my boyfriend who is on a business trip for the entire week haha.

Monday- Binge Free!
Tuesday- Binge Free!
Wednesday- Already one pound down!

Keep going ladies! Stay focused and just keep in mind how great we'll feel being binge free by the time our "cheat" days comes along.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #27  

High five on a pound down, tash!! Not binging is sooo worth it!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

faux, amazing job resisting the cake and knowing yourself. amazing.

i resisted buying chocolate today at one of my favorite locations to binge! today marks day 10 for me...i am going away until sunday and i dont anticipate binge opportunities but if i come across some wish me luck resisting...2 weeks would be beyond amazing- you ladies are the best! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, see you sunday
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #29  

Default Yeah for us!

Wow everyone, this feels wonderful...the more days under my belt the better I feel. It really isn't even about weight at this point...lets face it I have only been good for four days. Its just knowing that I can be in control of my life and my actions.

Nice job everyone who resisted temptation today. Here is for all of us who will be waking up tomorrow and trying once again to take our lives back from bingeing
flappy
Old 07-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #30  

In the past hour I've chewed about 8 pieces of gum to avoid binging. I think I'm getting an urge because I'm so bored. My boyfriend is away, my animals are quiet and I've been trying to study. But I'm studying nutrition so the thought of food and how I want to taste certain things won't go away!!

Blah, I won't crack ladies!I think I'm going to go to bed soon just to make sure nothing happens and I can start the beginning of binge-day 4!

Closed Thread