Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Worked out at the gym for 40 minutes, but afterwards I was famished. Therefore, I stopped by mcd and have eaten 940 calories and 42 fat grams. Now I have to go to bed. Ugh. I feel like I'lve clogged my arteries big time. I did ride the bike for another 15 minutes burning another 240 minutes. Why do I do this?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

It's been nutty the past 3 days, I ate so much nuts and seeds I lost count. My stomach feels very heavy right now. It's kind of scary to gain a pound of calories in just a couple of days, when it usually takes me two weeks or more to lose it. I hope to be good tomorrow
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

i was naughty naughty last night! i was very good up until after the gym. I WAS STARVING (obvioulsly i handnt eaten enough during the day, which was the problem that I wont repeat) but i came home and my bf was starving too, so we ordered pizza. while we were waiting for the pizza I ate 1 cup of basmati rice with olive oil and soy sauce and about 6-8 saltines, then I ate 4 slices of pizza followed by some chocolate waffer cookies later that night. i didnt even feel that full afterwards.

scale went up about a pound or so today, but i'm still down about 6lbs for this week (it's my first week so thats 90% water weight i'm sure)
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #94  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
It's been nutty the past 3 days, I ate so much nuts and seeds I lost count. My stomach feels very heavy right now. It's kind of scary to gain a pound of calories in just a couple of days, when it usually takes me two weeks or more to lose it. I hope to be good tomorrow
You are NUTS!!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #95  

Last night was just a complete mess... Of course it starts out so good by making a big meal of steemed non-starch veggie stir fry with just a little bit of sauce and 3/4c brown rice. It would have been great if I just stopped there for the evening but I was just warming up...

In order the following...

Vita muffin choc (100cal)
1/2 kashi bar (70cal)
Sliced Almonds (200cal)
Sm Kettle Corn Popcorn (100cal)
Mini Peanut Butter Cups (250cal)

So that adds up to over 700 calories on snacking after dinner!

Right now I'm at work and I'm at about 500 calories for the day so far, and I am going to the gym after work tonight, I just hope I didn't do too much damage!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #96  
Let's salsa!

My week has been going so well ..... I followed Paul McKenna's rules and while I do not count calories I thought that I am not doing too badly and not eating more than I should.
Today, we had a potluck at work. I had a bit of green salad at 12 pm to make sure I am not passing out from starvation when the potluck starts. Even though I chose relatively good choices (although it was hard as there were lots of mayo-ladden salads and such) I think I ate more than I should have.
I still have a bit left on my plate which i will eat at 4:30 or so and I will save the one breaded chicken wing for my dogs (I picked only one). I typically eat late at work on my exercise days so that when I get home, I can get on the treadmill at 6 pm or so.

I did not have any ice cream or pop, and from the sweets I had only a small glop of my own rice pudding and 2 small tarts made by a colleague. I am sure there was butter in them.

I guess it is a good thing today is my exercise day - at least I will purge the calories before they do too much damage.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drina View Post
My niece sent me homemade cookies and a large bag of M&Ms in the mail for Easter. I ate the whole thing by 10 am this morning. Ugh, why can't I control myself with sugar?!
I have a suggestion, something very similar happened to me this past week at work!

Keep one or two of the cookies and save them as treats. Give the rest to a neighbor, coworker, friend, etc.

I'm not sure what to do about the M&Ms
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

I had chicken parmesean last night at my boyfriend's house..would have been okay but I ate three bowls! ARGH!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #99  

Last night I let myself go because I planned on *relaxing* and watching a movie... well I ate a whole bowl of popcorn, a plate of super-huge (super-yummy ) jelly beans, half of the leftovers from dinner, a bag of baby carrots AND a mini box of raisins. I woke up totally sick and NOT relaxed. I told myself that this happens and to not let it affect the rest of the week. Today, after church, I'm going for my long run of 8 miles (800 cal burn) and 1 hour on the stationary bike. Hopefully I get back on track and ignore all the Easter goodies !

Last edited by yelsel; 03-23-2008 at 08:11 AM.
yelsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #100  
Trying to Lose in 2007

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Default last night

Had a bad night last night:

1 small bag of Cadbury mini eggs
2 small Carmello easter bunny bars (and they were STALE)
1 box Sour Patch kids
1 small bag of popcorn (and it was BURNT)
2 english muffin with all fruit and 1/2 banana

I really did not binge all week until last night (well, there was one night I ate too many walnuts - and I don't even like walnuts!)

I think the behavior for me is connected to watching tv and also there is something about the repetiveness of eating small foods - the action of eating something small - the mini eggs, the sour patch kids, the popcorn...

Does anyone else have that habit/pattern? I wish I could figure out why that is so appealing to me!
TTL2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #101  
Let's salsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTL2007 View Post
I think the behavior for me is connected to watching tv and also there is something about the repetiveness of eating small foods - the action of eating something small - the mini eggs, the sour patch kids, the popcorn...

Does anyone else have that habit/pattern? I wish I could figure out why that is so appealing to me!
With me, it is definitely connected to watching TV. I am not hungry, but I need to eat something. That's why since last Sunday, I have not allowed myself to eat anything while watching TV. That is, with the exception of last night. I reached for yogurt (I think 2%) and I ate a lot of it - probably 400 ml at least.
I have to be really careful when I am watching TV and the munchies hit.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #102  
Trying to Lose in 2007

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Default great idea

Tomato - thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it. For this week I am not going to eat in front of the tv. If I want anything to eat, I need to sit at the table and eat it.

Have a good day.
TTL2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #103  
Let's salsa!

Quote:
Tomato - thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it. For this week I am not going to eat in front of the tv. If I want anything to eat, I need to sit at the table and eat it.
This is one of Paul McKenna's principle (the host of I Can Make You Thin. Second episode airs tonight on TLC at 9:00 pm EST). I have been working hard sticking to what he taught us in episode #1 last week. Try watching if you can!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #104  
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Angry

My roommate got me Cadbury cream eggs, caramello and reese's bunnies. I have eaten half of them since Friday. I'm about to get my period and I have two days right before usually when I am ALWAYS hungry. It's like I can't stop eating! It's so frustrating b/c when I'm home on the weekend all I do is think about it!
mypunkrockromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #105  
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Had a bad night last night:

1 small bag of Cadbury mini eggs
2 small Carmello easter bunny bars (and they were STALE)
1 box Sour Patch kids
1 small bag of popcorn (and it was BURNT)
2 english muffin with all fruit and 1/2 banana

I really did not binge all week until last night (well, there was one night I ate too many walnuts - and I don't even like walnuts!)

Those freaking bunny bars are GOOD THOUGH! UGH! Sometimes for me it's food I haven't had in awhile. Like this weekend I had the BIGGEST craving for a grilled cheese. I didn't eat one but I should have. Instead I cheated with candy, ice cream, bread, I can't even remember what else. It probably would have been better if I'd just eaten what I wanted in the first place. I try not to deprive myself of stuff I want by eating a tiny bit of it but that so doesn't work for me. Once I get the taste I just want more!

Last edited by mypunkrockromance; 03-23-2008 at 08:32 PM.
mypunkrockromance is offline   Reply With Quote