Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, I've been binging on SunChips the past couple days. I bought one of those sacks yesterday that have minibags. It comes with 20 bags and I've managed to eat 16 of them over the past 2 days. I've eaten about 7 bags today in the past 2 hrs or so.

I really need to just not bring this type of food into the house, but then when I don't have it I end up eating a bunch of other crap instead to try and subdue my cravings.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #62  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

One time someone suggested to me to buy the individual serving size bags of chips and I just laughed--I said I'd eat more than one bag!! I've been good on chips for about a month, because I haven't bought any. And then this weekend, while I was working, my hubby bought corn chips (fritos) and regular plain chips. I finished off the corn chips Sat. night after work and the plain chips Sunday night after work. Argggg! I hate when that happens!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 106/106-107/103-100

Height: 5' 1.5''

I ate almost a whole good-sized jar of almonds day before yesterday. The excessive amount of fat made me feel kind of woozy all day...bleh, it didn't even taste that great.
Zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I went to the movies with my friends last night.
Before we went I ate a big cupcake, 2 granola bars...
Got; a large popcorn (split among 3 people), large bag of reeses pieces candy (ate 2/3rds bag), a mango slushy....
Then we went out to dinner, I had chicken teryiaki, rice, mango ice cream...
UGH. I had been doing so well for the last 4 days, and yesterday was sooo bad.
I ate about 3000 calories, compared to 1800 usually, and spent 20 (!) dollars on food - I need to stop using nights out with friends as an excuse to binge....and stop spending my money on food.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #65  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

I basically ate all day today. Most of it was reasonably healthy stuff, except for a flake bar. Bleh. Too much work in room. I'm goin' out. xxx
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #66  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

The worst time for me is when I watch TV. (Maybe I should cancel my StarChoice subscription, LOL). I am always looking for some carbs. Lately, I stopped buying stuff like chips, nachos, etc. because then I cannot control myself.
I read the labels on everything when I do my grocery shopping (it takes me 2 hours to do my groceries, even though the store is a 5 minute drive from my house). I have a higher blood pressure than I should have so I try to be really careful about sodium and therefore, I don't buy too many frozen entrees (it's frozen, why does it need to be packed with salt, hello?!?!?). But, I have decided that I am going to allow myself to go once a month to McD's for a meal (if I am a "good girl", as a reward). I know how bad fast food stuff is for me, but hey, once a month, it won't kill me - IF I stick to once a month only.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #67  

Well... I haven't posted in a long time but I want to hold myself accountable. I have this trend where I will eat very healthy all day with breakfast consisting of either a dannon light yogurt and a piece of fruit, or oats w. almond milk, protein powder and fruit. Lunch is a lean cuisine and a small salad. For a snack in the afternoon is a small piece of fruit.

Now I usually workout after work then for dinner I will make myself a veggie stir fry or steemed vegies w. a piece of chicken, basically something low calorie and very healthy. But then after dinner it's a downward spiral.

It starts out harmless enough with breaking in half a 100 calorie south beach peanut butter snack bar. Then I will get the box of high fiber cereal and start snacking on that for about 15 minutes or so. Then I will have the other half of the snack bar. Another commerial, another trip into the kitchen to pop a bag of the 100 calorie kettle korn popcorn. There is maybe one more trip that I make but I really try not to...

So my issue is this: I am not hungry after dinner. I just want something sweet to complete the meal. It's not a bad thing, and I've tried to satisify this by brewing a cup of tea. It's more of a behavorial pattern that I have created and I don't know how to change it. I have taken up knitting, I love to read, talk on the phone w. friends, etc. But all these different ways to modify the binging doesn't help! I still need to loose about 15lbs but I know that I won't get there with these after dinner eating habits. Any other suggestions??? Thanks!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 177/150/136

Height: 5'5"

Not a good weekend. Wendy's for lunch Saturday and Sunday (I am obsessed with the spicy chicken meal with a frosty). Movie popcorn and Sour Patch Kids that night, yesterday an ENTIRE bag of Starburst jelly beans and half a family size bag of Reese pb eggs. Sometimes I really hate myself. Especially as I'm telling myself how DISGUSTING I am going to feel eating it, but keep doing it anyway. Then have the belly ache from h-e-l-l!
queenofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #69  
Queen *' Carbs

S/C/G: 155/147/135

Height: 5'8 1/2"

saturday:

started off well with egg white omelet, fruit, coffee. but then...

piece of cake
2 english muffins w/ ham
cream cheese brownie
3 choc. chip cookies
buffalo chicken wrap
1/2 baguette w/ peanut butter and jelly
blueberry coffee cake
entire package of lipton's ready meal pasta
payday bar

eww. i can't believe that. that is disgusting.
chitownchica14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #70  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Yogachick: have you tried chewing gum after dinner? Right now it's the only thing keeping me on target weight. I am currently writing my final dissertation for my BA and if I didn't chomp away on the gum the whole time I would be blatantly stuffing my face as I typed. Here in the UK we can get sugarfree fruit flavour gum from Trident. Apple is my fave
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #71  

me-

Yes I have tried the gum route and hit a big problem... Chewing gum actually stimulates my hunger. I know that some folks have used gum as an effective tool to control munching, but for me I don't know if it the porduction of saliva or what but I get really hungry if I chew for more than 10 minutes. I will try this again tonight, and will post my results tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownchica14 View Post
saturday:

started off well with egg white omelet, fruit, coffee. but then...

piece of cake
2 english muffins w/ ham
cream cheese brownie
3 choc. chip cookies
buffalo chicken wrap
1/2 baguette w/ peanut butter and jelly
blueberry coffee cake
entire package of lipton's ready meal pasta
payday bar

eww. i can't believe that. that is disgusting.
Is it possible that maybe you didn't have enough for breakfast?
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #73  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

hi. im new to this group. im DeOndra, and i need to confess. I had a slip up today after work at a meeting. i had an earlier urge today but overcame it by posting in the binge challenge march 3-9 forum, but today i had a meeting to go to in which i didn't know there were going to be many tempting snacks. there were ham sandwhiches, chips, and a ton of cookies. i ate a ham sandwhich w/ no bread, a little chips, and 2 cookies. i didn't want to seem unappreciative and everyone else at the meeting had the same. i'm not as strong when it comes to will power and food temptation..i overcame one urge today then gave in to this unexpected one..
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I'm glad I found this sub-forum and this thread... I'm feeling pretty hopeless at the moment and I need this!

Last night I had a binge - I ate two big bowls of ice cream (about a quarter gallon total), and entire box of Triscuit crackers and a huge bowl of Goldfish crackers. And two big cupfuls of orange juice and three or four spoonfuls of cake icing I had in the fridge. Midway through I was full, but I kept shoveling it in anyway. By the end, I was in pain I was so full - which of course made it physically and mentally difficult to fall asleep. I *hate* myself when I binge...and since I binge regularly, I don't like myself much of the time. Today I feel bloated, tired & groggy. Ugh.

Hopefully this forum, and all of you wonderful people, will help me learn to control this. The GOOD news - this morning I threw the cake icing away! Small step...but I was proud.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #75  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

came to work with healthy food. that is in my backpack. ate donut, large roll, chocolate

kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote