Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Jan 28- Feb 3

Happy Monday chickies! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 01-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #2  

Well ok, not a good start seeing as the last time I binged was today... but I've jus started to work on my binging problem, so I'm not too hard on myself.

Tomorrow will be different though ^_^

P.S., I do like the idea of this thread... hopefully I'll think about it next time I'm about to binge, and wonder about what I'll write here if I do binge :P

xxx
Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #3  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Good morning, Folks -

Harpo, thanks for starting us off on another binge-free week.

And Fawchy, WELCOME! I am so happy that you have recognized your bingeing habit and want to work on it. We are here to support you and will help you have your binge-free day tomorrow.

I braved the big bad scale this morning and found that I've lost 7#s since I started 3FC on Jan 12. Seems that I'm doing something right, and that feels good!

Hope that we're all off to a great start this week. Be well, Everyone -
Birgit
Old 01-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Harpo - Thank you for restarting the thread!

Fawchy - to the thread. Good for you for starting to work on the binge problem. I'm wishing you lots of You're going to have a great Tuesday, I just know it!

Birgit - on your weight loss. I bet a concrete bit of evidence that your hard work is paying off made you feel pretty darn good!

As for me...I'm on day 6! Cheers to a great week

P.S. I love that everyone on this thread is so positive and dedicated. We understand the value of baby steps, and if we fall, we pick ourselves up as soon as possible. Everyone is so supportive, understanding, patient and empathetic. For all these reasons, I KNOW that we are ALL going to be succesful!

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 01-28-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #5  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Everyone,

I binged last night so I will have to count today as my first binge free day. I normally do at night but I wont be tonight. I really am focusing on losing this weight so that I can finally say I did it!

Have a good night everyone.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #6  

I'm going for it this week! What a week to pick with the Superbowl, but it can be done. I ate clean today and I don't feel guilty, or ashamed and I LOVE that. We can do it ladies
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Ok I have an issue with binge eating during stressful times and when I am bored. I have two children ages 12 & 16 and my fiance lives 600 miles away so there are times when I am home alone and working and get to that point to where I crave something sweet or something salty or both and then I find myself at the fridge or the pantry eating whatever I can get my hands on. I try to tell myself that I am not hungry to go back and sit at the computer and get busy and the thought will pass but it always seems to get stronger until I cave.
So I am going to try this week by week thing starting tonight. Please wish me luck!!!
When I am with my kids or my honey I am fine. It is when I am alone so I am going to try redirecting my thoughts with a walk or logging on to this thread...
We will see how it goes!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Very glad to start over with another week! I survived today binge free, thankfully.

Fawchy, this thread is great motivation and inspiration. Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

Birgit, congratulations on the 7 pounds! You must be very proud of yourself, and you should be!

Penelope, day 6! Congratulations! You are doing so well!

Bikini dreader (like your handle, by the way) hope you had a good night! Nights are tough on a lot of us, I wonder why that is. You sound really motivated, and that's great!

Ordinary, congratulations on day 1. This week will definitely have some obstacles, but every day counts, and if there's a slip up.. well, that's what the next day is for! This tread definitely helps keep us all accountable.

Dolphin, welcome and good luck! Redirecting your thoughts is a great way to reframe a binge and channel your energy elsewhere. Check in with us when you're facing a challenge, have good (or bad!) news to share, etc. It really helps.

Last edited by djs06; 01-28-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #9  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I have been so looking forward to posting. After two failed attempts at having at least 1 binge free day, I suceeded yesterday. 1 day 9 to go. I am doing my 30 days in 3 sets of 10. I was here by myself no BF and I was happy I was able to do it. YAY me !

Sandypickle--Congrats on the weight loss!
justadreamy1--Congrats on being on Day 6. I hope to be able to say that soon.
Bikinidreader--The nights are the worst for me. I really try to structure my time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Best of luck to everyone today. I have a really busy day and I have planned very well in an attempt to not have to stop anywhere or feel "hungry" because I am stressed.

Last edited by Shay; 01-29-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #10  

I am "new" to the site I gave it a go a while ago and then forgot about the site until now. I think this binge free week is a great idea and I have decided I am going to join in.

I have a HUGE problem of eating when I am not hungry and I now have trouble deciding when I am REALLY hungry. It bothers me because as I am reaching for whatever I am going to eat I constantly tell myself that I shouldn't be having it but I still do Recently I have grabbed fruit instead of chips or had a glass of water instead but it still does get the best of me and I often cave in to the things I don't need.

I'm hoping that knowing that at the end of the day I can brag about my achievement in the day will give me more of a reason to make a better option.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #11  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Good morning, Everyone - It's a great new day!!

Dolphin and Ashory, WELCOME! Glad you found us - we are all in the same boat.

I had a fairly good day yesterday. We don't ordinarily have junk food in our office, so usually there's no temptation. But a neighbor recently brought us a "welcome to the neighborhood" gift basket (my company recently moved to this new location) and there was all sorts of delicious stuff in it. So I ate some - but frankly, not nearly as much as I would have in the past. I was alone at home last night, which is always dangerous for me. But I ate a decent dinner and that was that. No bingeing!

So I'm happy. Hope to do it again today.

Have a great binge-free day, Everyone. I'm glad you all are with me in this struggle...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #12  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

i binged yesterday and today. so tommorow will be day 1 (again) for me today.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #13  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hi everyone! I'm not doing so well today (and yesterday). Tomorrow is a brand new start. Here's to being strong.

WELCOME fawncy!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Bikini Dreader - I'm you on! Keep it up!

OrdinaryDay - You go! Stay strong

dolphin8191
- It's great to have you! Best wishes to you, and please keep posting to let us know how you're doing, or if you need support.

Shay - on your day one! Keep it up!

ashory
- Congratulations on your 2 kg lost! You're on your way

Birgit - Good for you for doing so well with the office temptations. I totally understand what that's like.

helwa588 and bigfatty - Tomorrow is a new day. You can get back on track, I know you can!

As for me, today was my Day #1 all over again. I woke up this morning with the usual results of a binge - puffy face and stomach, and I felt like crap. GRR.

It has been a messed up Monday and Tuesday. Can things start getting better now? Bad things have already been happening to us in threes...it does NOT have to be three days!

and to all you Chickies.

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 01-29-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #15  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

Today is day 1 that I haven't binge ate. I had a ton of stress today and I use to go and binge eat durin stressful periods. Instead, I went to the gym and focused my stress on exercise and trying to get into shape.
Closed Thread