Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

artsnsmarts - Good for you for staying OP during Thanksgiving! I'm sorry to hear that you had a tough time afterward Did today go better for you?

Me23 - Not to beat a dead horse (), but for sticking with fruit...and for hitting the gym!

Lots of !

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 11-25-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

dreamy -- the only reason today was better was because I worked from 10-2 and then 6-11...now I'm so so hungry but I'm scared to eat anything because of what it might start.

Boyfriend is getting home tonight from Thanksgiving travels but is delayed a few hours...I was supposed to be helping a friend before an audition but she hasn't called....it's like everything I was looking forward to for tonight isn't happening and I'm so so hungry that I just want to deal with it by eating my weight in crapfood.

I really am hungry...and there isn't much in our apt because we sort of ate down what was left before the holiday, but I'm scared to go to the grocery store because of what I'll get....
Old 11-26-2007, 12:09 AM   #93  

Exclamation

artsnsmarts - I believe that you can stay in control! Obviously, you're going to have to do something about your hunger. Either stay home and have something out of what you've got, or make a trip to the grocery store and get a single serving of something healthy, and maybe a small treat (around 100 calories) for being good.

Remember to eat your food slowly, really enjoy it...drink lots of water, especially afterward. I completely understand feeling like if you eat anything, it will trigger a binge...especially after I've gotten extremely hungry. Water is usually the only thing that can calm down the urge to keep eating.

You can do this!!!!!!

And in the future, when you start feeling hungry (and you're sure it's real hunger), try to eat before you get to this part

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 11-26-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #94  

Normally it's not an issue because I have yogurt, fiber cereal, etc etc etc in the apartment, but since it's been so empty and I don't trust myself to go to the store when the boyfriend won't be here to see what I've bought later...blah blah blah.

Sometimes I really hate that 24-hour Shaw's. For real.

It's a very strange feeling to be literally frightened of what I will do unsupervised.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 AM   #95  

EDIT: Boyfriend just walked in the door. Crisis averted.

But a million thank yous, dreamy1, for helping me stave that one off!!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #96  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

penelope -- why are you bored at your job? sorry i am steppin in so late...

artsnsmarts -- all i can say is been there done that...many times i'm thinking am i really hungry? and if i am not sure, then that most likely means i am not hungry and its something else. sometimes just reaching for food is the quickest solution and sometimes it is just a deeply ingrained habit. you just gotta try and really dig deep inside and think what do i really really really really really want right now

me23- if i'm "binging" or just need to eat for non-physical hunger reasons, i try to make it healthier foods. yes its still stuffin myself but at least it will do less caloric damage.

and i also wanna just cry every time i see anorexics in the gym. its so sad. i want to give them a hug and say "its OK, you can go home". and i teach aerobics so i have seen it all

happy monday yall!!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #97  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Omg... one of my co workers brought in a bag of chips today. She URGED and URGED me to try a few. After reading that they were baked, I grabed a small handful and munched.

The chips did NOT taste baked, they tasted like regular plain potato chips. They were so good and so yummy.

When I looked at the nutritional information in the back, it said that it was 120 cals for 35 - 40 chips (I only ate about 5)

HOLY CRAP!

You can only buy the chips at Costco... luckily I don't have a membership, or else I'd eat a whole large bag in one sitting.

Last edited by tamaralynn; 11-26-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'6"

I like this idea for a thead. Here is where I'm at. Didn't lose any weight this week, and feel pretty crummy about it. My mom sent me home with large amounts of food, so now I'm thinking about getting off work, and eating everything:

Three slices of raisen bread
A plate full of stuffing
Crannberry Sauce
Cookies... bad bad bad

I'm going to try and go home, make a meat loaf out of the stuffing and have a lsice of that with salad and a couple tablespoons of cranberry sauce, and then maybe a slice of bread for dessert. Does that sound healthy, or like way too much food? I haven't really bidnged since last week, but it's always a thin line, so I need some perspective!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #99  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

doesnt sound like a binge to me at all!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 AM   #100  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
i also wanna just cry every time i see anorexics in the gym. its so sad. i want to give them a hug and say "its OK, you can go home". and i teach aerobics so i have seen it all
Oh yeah.
What do you do if someone who is manifestly ill comes to your class? I think I'd have to say, look, you really shouldn't be here, I'm worried you'll collapse or something...

Weighed in today - didn't gain, which is lucky, cos I kind of feel like I *should* have judging by what I ate these past few days - hopefully the exercise is paying off - or perhaps it is going to catch up with me!

Oh I have to share this - it's hilarious - I have a (male) friend who is an absolute sweetheart, and always wants to be 'smooth' with the ladies but never quite gets it right. We were at lunch in the university library canteen, and I was doing the female moan moan so much pressure on us to be skinny thing, and he went, all brightly: 'You know, Jude, if you did gain a few pounds, it would probably just go on your boobs, which would be a good thing.' I just exploded laughter into my turkey.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #101  

Thumbs up

artsnsmarts - You're welcome, sweety Good for you!!

mdl - I'm bored at my job because I don't have enough to do

tamaralynn - Those sound yummy! I think we just need to be very selective in what we eat and make a decision about which treats are worth splurging a little for - no wasting calories! Sometimes you find something amazing that helps you stay OP, but other times it's just another trigger food.

summersunshine - Your plan for dinner sounds good to me! How did it go?

Me23 - Too funny!

Today, I am going to avoid ALL sugar (especially the junk at work). I've promised myself that if I stay sugarless, tomorrow for breakfast I'm going to have my super yummy healthy version of french toast that I've been craving for awhile. Then on Thursday, if I stay sugar free, I'm going to take my sweety out for coffee...to Starbucks to try their new light pumpkin frap. I'll have to check the calorie stats first.

Have a good day, Chicks!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #102  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

whats goin on gals?

jude - i think your friend should be renamed rico suave. i would go out with any man that honest and funny

i ate lunch. i am full. i have the urge to reach for more food. really bc i am just sitting down at work working and like that busy feeling of multi tasking with food. but i am seriously telling myself if i am really hungry i can go eat whatever the F i want. but i'm really not. really scary.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #103  

Lightbulb

really bc i am just sitting down at work working and like that busy feeling of multi tasking with food.

mdl - I don't know how many times I've been alone for the night, and I would have a few drinks and eat a ton of food, sitting at the computer. I guess it's a feeling of needing your hands to be busy while your mind is, too. I just need something that won't put layers on my fanny I was thinking a stress ball, but I don't like them as much any more.

but i am seriously telling myself if i am really hungry i can go eat whatever the F i want.
I love this! I'm going to start using that as a mantra. It helped today at work!

It sounds like you have alot of awareness of what's going on inside your head. You go, girl!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #104  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

oh penelope i am so glad i could help ya! you never know what works for some so i just write whatever and hope it helps!

i started therapy a few years ago and read a ton of geneen roth books and did an online support group and maybe some of it has finally clicked.

but stopping when full is hard work if you are used to just eating mindlessly.

i also have the urge to eat whilst at the computer a lot...so many times i will just stop and stare at the wall instead of eating something. doing nothing is better than eating if not hungry....
Old 11-28-2007, 03:44 AM   #105  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Girlies, I probably do most of my non-public eating at the computer.
It used to be whilst reading, but now I plait my hair whilst reading. Means I have been known to turn up to a class with a head full of badly-made dreads, but hey, stops the munchies!

I fluffed last night - not too badly - just that I ate a normal dinner in public, then came back to my room and ate a small amount of chocolate (planned) and a very large amount of fruit, water, tea etc (unplanned). It didn't make me gain, luckily, as the caloric damage wasn't too much, but I did get that why-did-I-do-that stomach ache.

LOL a rico-suave! I first met this dude when we were in our first-year play together. He had to pick me up. I said 'are you sure? don't hurt yourself' (he's skinny and doesn't work out or anything). he goes yeah, no problem, just about manages to lift me, then goes all wide-eyed and exclaims: 'Gosh, you are quite heavy, aren't you?'
So a beautiful friendship was born....
Closed Thread