Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #1  

Default What's your most fattening emotion?

For me it's hands-down: FRUSTRATION!!! Def had one of those days today where I as constantly waiting on somebody who didn't show, just missing a call, repair guy fixes something that breaks again immediately, just little TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT things like that.

It doesn't have to be a major crisis, just that type of day where everything's amiss, traffic is extra bad and the whole day just has the overtone of FRUSTRATION!!!

Man nothing sends me off to crackers-and-cheese land more than that.

I am really going to try some less disastrous frustration management techniques (writing, meditation, posting here.)

I'll bet you that 8 out of 10 times when I do mindless munching, I'm frustrated about some stupid little thing.

Nothing like making a bad day worse, that's all the overeating does, ugh!!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #2  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Second the frustration emotion. It's like, who cares, anything to make me feel better. So instead of focusing just on self-dicipline, I focus on ways to avoid frustration - yoga, meditation, a walk, a bubblebath, a hug from my guy, blogging, general exercise, talking to my good friends, shopping...these are all no cal solutions for me! Great post!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

STRESS!!!!! I just ate 2 big bowls of cereal and 3 slices of pizza. I need to be studying for exams but I'm so stressed out that all I want to do is stuff my face. Ugh!
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

For me, it's a close tie between stress and boredom. Stress definitely sends me to that place where I want to eat everything in sight....but boredom has (historically at least) been a bigger problem day-in and day-out - I would just mindlessly consume food without thinking. Now when those urges strike, I try to do something constructive like going for a run, organizing my closets or posting here!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #5  

Well you know I think it was Coco Channel said, "when I'm feeling anxiety, I wash my hair and put on new makeup." I'm certainly not going to dredge the eyeliner out to hang out at home, LOL, but I have to admit there's something about washing & blow drying my hair that can really shake off a binge.

Wish I would have done that before hitting those Kashi crackers....woulda shoulda coulda!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Love that quote - Coco was a real class act, who knew she would have good advice for weight loss too (wouldn't I just love to have one of her designs to wear at the end of the journey). Thanks for sharing it!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #7  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hah! I'm pretty sure I eat out of sheer boredom, when I have time on my hands. Now I'm trying hard NOT to...making menus for myself everyday, and DARING myself to eat anything unplanned. I'm having the best results, I think, using the WW's "Wendi" plan because it allows you one "super high" point day. At first though, I just didn't even count on that day and went WAY overboard just because I thought I could. Um. Nope. Doesn't work that way. There doesn't EVER seem to be any time when you can just relax and go ahead and eat whatever you feel like...at least not for me, because I ALWAYS feel like overeating, given the opportunity.

I'm home from work today, and the kitchen is all too accessible. I already ate a Thomas's Lite English muffin with a little FF cream cheese and maybe a teaspoonful of sugar free, FF apricot jam. AND a peach. And I'm drinking coffee...and more coffee. Will switch to water soon. Should go for a bike ride, but will I? Hmmm. We'll see.

Have a great day, y'all...

E
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #8  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Omigawd, Rachel - I just clicked on your progress pics! You are GORGEOUS! Congratulations! What an incredible transformation! You were pretty when you started, but now you're just flat-out drop-dead GORGEOUS! What an inspiration!

E
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #9  
mfb

Default Anger

Anger. I'm sure it's anger. We were never allowed to express anger. It was disrespectful so I eat it. So many things make me angry. I walk the dogs and see MacDo (Macdonald's) packaging and coke tins and empty beer bottles thrown down in the forest. Sometimes it's a whole shower, toilet etc in the river. Washing machines,a vacuum cleaner, bike frames garbage bags, cement from a building site, in it goes into the creek. Every village here has a depot to dump their garbage six days a week. It's even free. It takes more effort to drive it to the forest... hmm maybe I shouldn't get started? Then there's anger at myself for sabotage these past thirty years. But do I want to talk about that? Naw.
My current most enraging cause is people who are indifferent to recycling, who jump in the car to drive 500 yards/metres to the local store. All the moms who won't car pool or let their kids walk home 800 yards. People who add their garbage to my bin because I recycle and have room and they have all this excess paper and glass and tin...oops. Got myself going again didn't I? Yeah, anger...l
it's about wishing other people would behave well, do all the shoulds when if I look to myself, maybe I don't behave all that well, do all the shoulds. Anger, I eat it.
mfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #10  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

sadness and boredom. Sometimes I get so bummed that I think I deserve to eat whatever I want and 'feel better' (thank god for subway so I can still feel better and not get bigger) and evening boredom is a huge trap for me. I can be good all day.. but then 7 or 8 pm comes around and I just want to eat something even if I just had dinner.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 375/320/180

Height: 5'5"

I think mine is a combo of all of the above...but I find it hardest in the evening when I crave candy, so I have a sugar free Wuerther's or two...I always stock the sugar free cause you can't eat more than 2 or else you "may experience loose bowels"!! And trust me, one night, I found that out!! So it keeps me from overindulging! lol
LABarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #12  
hara hachi bu

I can use any emotion as an excuse to eat, but typically I think mine would be hopelessness. If I don't see and actively seek a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm up the creek!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #13  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

boredom
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #14  

Well to be honest with you ladies......I about 100% relate to every post up there!! I guess it's any emotion that steps out of my comfort zone that can set me off.....sometimes just being aware of these behaviors can be helpful.

Isn't funny how we follow the same behavior patterns over and over again for years, but when you're IN it you don't really see the patterns. I've lots millions of pounds but they've all been the same 20 over and over.

One new pattern In would love to establish: lose the freaking weight, keep it lost!!

Last edited by K8-EEE; 09-27-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #15  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

i know it sounds weird but i eat when i'm feeling really comfortable and happy and i don't when i'm sad. It's strange but that's what tends to happen. Also, boredom plays a big part!!!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote