Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #16  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Smile

I'm starting to become conscious of this. 2 days ago I began to stuff myself by trying to finish my side dish at a restaurant, even though I was full. When I realized what I was doing I asked the waitress for a box to take it home.

There have been times when I've eaten after I was full because I didn't want to waste food, or I felt like I would be wasting the money I paid for the food. I'm learning that it's ok to eat it later or not at all.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #17  

Like so many, I have this problem. It's hard to leave anything on the plate. That's why I dine out with my hubby. Before I even start eating, I unload half of it on his plate. Or if I'm out with friends, I tell them before hand that I'll share mine...that way they don't have to spend extra money if they don't have to. Still, it can be hard at times, and I don't always listen to my stomach. You'd think I'd know better...I always pay the price of an uncomfortably stuffed stomach when I do this...and although it's rare, it still happens.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Mabela-- I have 2 tricks that really helps me from time to time... I luv to eat everything on my plate, so when I go out to dinner, I always ask for a doggy bag at the same time my meal arrives, then put half of it away immediately to take home for another meal and then eat up the rest of my plate.

Second thing I do: at home, when I cook a meal, I rarely use the dinner plates since I always feel like if I use one of the plates, then I need to pile more food on it Which of course, wrecks my attempt to lose weight then lol.

What I do instead, in order to keep my food portions reasonable-- I get the appetizer dish and bowl and eat my meals outta there. Great way to keep your calories in check and you can psychologically feel like you're not missing much sometimes because you've "filled up" your plate

Hope this helps!
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:11 AM   #19  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I have so much trouble leaving food on the plate. I have some minor OCD tendencies, and I often blame that. I get full and want to stop. I do, for about a minute, then I just have to eat what's left and feel bad about it later.
I think I need to get away from the plate when I first decide to stop eating, but I'm not so sure I can do it. I feel like I HAVE to finish.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
They don't have any containers for doggy bags? That's silly, especially considering the portion sizes most restaurants serve. I go to a few restaurants locally who refuse to do "to go" orders, but they do have boxes for leftovers. Maybe you could bring your own Gladware container and just carry a bigger bag? Or ask for only half an order? Or ask that an unhealthier part of the meal be replaced with more veggies?

I know plenty of places that wont give u a to go box but will just give u a tiny piece of aluminum foil instead.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote