Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #1  

Exclamation I'm having the hardest time.Please help me!</3

Ya c! i've been on a diet for like 3 weeks now and nothing has happened because i eat when i am depressed and i've been depressed alot and i eat when i'm bored and its been gross out side so i've been bored alot. i also eat in my sleep(on occassion). So i really need help i need to lose this weight by June and i dont think its gonna happen.HELP!
thanz
Bee
compleatly obssessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Keep posting and keep reading the posts. Believe in yourself and in your power to make changes in your behaviour. Start with small goals and don't expect changes overnight. You mentioned "I dont think it's going to happen" in your post. If you think this way, you will truly end up with that result. Picturing yourself at your goal will help you to get there. Positive thoughts create positive results.

It seems like you already know where you can make bigger changes in your eating. I found changing my mentality really helped. Stop telling yourself that you have no control over your eating and start getting positive! I found making a list of things I can do when I'm BLANK (sad, depressed, lonely, bored) really helped. I go for night time walks instead of eating on the couch. I started reading more books and have started working on more little projects that I enjoy. I stopped procrastinating since stress would make me eat. It seemed I would eat instead of just getting up and doing the thing I was worried about. So I started really just getting things done and that helped.
I also removed trigger foods from my house and stopped pretending I was capable of having just one treat out of a giant container. For now, that just makes life more frustrating and complicated so I got rid of that temptation.

Whatever the reason is that you eat, switch things up and know that you can do it.

Sometimes having a clear goal and a plan of how you will get there helps quite a bit. Start with the rest of this day - make a plan and stick to it. Once you have a day under your belt, every day will get easier and easier.

I can't comment on eating in your sleep because I am not familiar with that. perhaps a doctor could help in that area.

You CAN do it!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #3  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I think it would be helpful for you to have a smaller and more achievable goal than 75 lbs by June. How about trying for 1 or 2 lbs this week? Then you get to taste success much sooner.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi, and welcome.

I second JMan - don't try to impose time frames on this process. They only frustrate you in the end - particularly if they're overly ambitious (like 75 pounds by June!) in the first place. Do some research and some thinking to come up with a plan you think you can live with long-term. It doesn't have to be "out of the box" - you can tweak it, to make it doable for you. There are all kinds of plans out there, and nothing works for everyone, so be really honest with yourself in terms of what you can realistically stick to. Then, just do it, one day at a time. If you do the day to day food management and exercise, the weight will come off. But it won't necessarily be according to the schedule you want. If you only lose 30 pounds instead of 75, that's still a huge accomplishment, so you don't want to end up feeling like a failure because you didn't meet your (unrealistic) goal.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #5  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I don't really know what to say as my bingeing has gotten bad lately, but I'd say find and stay away from your trigger foods and tell those around you what you are trying to do. That helped me alot before.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Losing 75 lbs by June is not a healthy rate of weight loss. Even 30 lbs by June is probably not realistic. 1-2 lbs per week is a healthy rate at which to lose weight, so that means that, at most, an aggressive but realistic goal is 14 lbs by the beginning of June and 22 lbs by the end of June.

If you are being overly restrictive with your diet or aren't eating enough to meet your basic nutritional requirements, that could easily explain why you are having trouble controlling your eating when you are bored or depressed. Maybe you should also consider seeing a therapist or a counselor for your depression. It's not really good to be depressed a lot, weight loss issues aside.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote