Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #1  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Default Turning down food offers

I've realized this is an area of improvement for me. Turning down "free" food or encouragement to eat.

I'm going to really work on this. Tonight was my first night. My two housemates had a friend over for dinner and I had had my dinner and snacks (too many) already when they sat down to eat. I was quite tempted by the wonderful smell of their cheesy lasagna and their brownies afterward and I know I could have had some, but instead I made a tea and came in my room to read the posts on here! I am quite proud of myself.

I need to keep this up. Every time I go out for a meal with friends there is more food around than I need and I have to be concious of that. Other people eating more or enjoying treats really makes it hard for me to say no. I need to work on that. That candy/chocolate you get with your bill is so tempting. I need to learn to say no to that and just leave it there.

FREE FOOD IS NOT FREE. I WILL PAY FOR IT IN EXCESS FAT. That was a little message to myself. I need to remember it.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5

Good for you I know how hard it is when you see someone eating something you absolutely love!!! This is one area that I am actually doing okay with, and the more you say no, I think the easier it becomes to say no. Congrats on the big move
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #3  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
FREE FOOD IS NOT FREE.
Soo true.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Good for you bikini! It takes alot of strenght to have that kind of willpower.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Very nice will power! This is something I am REALLY struggling with. It is actually my main concern with my diet. I would do just fine if I didn't have people around me that love to eat yummy food. But I'm hoping that Kyra is right, maybe after I say no a few times it will just get easier and easier. Fingers crossed.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #6  
Bikini Dreader

Thanks for the encouragement. I didnt say no to some mini eggs today. My weakness.. I looove them. I was dissappointed in myself. I was even walking through the store on the way to work thinking, I am going to go through an entire easter without eating mini eggs, then later a coworker pulled out a giant bag and I couldnt resist. I almost went back for more but I stopped myself. The plan is to say NO tomorrow. I'll let you know how I do. I'm going to a friend's house for dinner so I know there will be dessert there. That's enough treats for me for the day so no mini eggs.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Bikini mini eggs are my favorite too! I am so impressed that you stopped yourself from getting more, which is exactly what I would have done. With things like that, it's like as soon as I taste it I need to stuff myself with it. That's a good victory, so be proud of the little things!!!
snowbunny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Ugh, my roommate is a food fanatic. she weighs 98 lbs (she doesn't look bad though. She looks ammaaaaazing.) and eats everything in sight. I stopped going to the gym with her because she always wants to go out to eat afterwards...we're talking combo platters and buffets. The girl loves food.

Haha, so do I, unfortunately. I wasn't blessed with her inhuman metabolism.
HarPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #9  
Bikini Dreader

So I said I would report back as to how yesterday went.. well this is an ongoing goal it seems.

I'm happy to report I had no mini eggs yesterday and no treats at all. Until I got to the dinner party where I had 2 of those desserts. The first one was small and then I decided that wasn't enough and when others were having seconds I jumped right in. I stopped at two and I ate extremely well for the entire day so although, I'm certainly not speeding up weight loss because of that choice, I do not feel too too bad. We had salmon for dinner. I filled up on salad and salmon and had a tiny bit of rice. So overall, the day wasn't bad. If I didnt have those treats, I'm sure I would be happier at weigh in!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5

sounds like you managed well. good job on filling up on the salmon and salades... that's the way to do it girl!!!
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Yes! I did it!

I'm having a weekend with my siblings...last night we were just chilling, watching movies. We had eaten dinner at 8, but my (slender) siblings decided that a midnight meal was in order. I just grabbed a diet coke. (hey, I need some kind of treat. )
HarPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Good going HarPoe!!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #13  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i have no problem turning down other people's food offers. Part of it is because i have a few odd behaviors because of my ED. i'm...a bit neurotic about things. For instance, if someone else is cooking, i want to watch them do it to make sure it's sanitary before i eat it. The people that hand out samples in stores? You don't know where thier hands have been, or if the utensils are clean or if a passerby sneezed. Yuck!!! No thank you.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #14  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Ugh. I am so bad with that. And there's a girl at work who is constantly eating and still weighs 94lbs!! And she always wants to feed me!!! AAAArgh!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #15  

Its a tough one.

But it does get easier with practice. I used to be at the stage where I could go out with friends to get pizza, eat nothing, and still feel okay about it! it took a lot of practice though.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote