Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Thumbs down the pain after the binge

Okay, yesturday was a bad bad day unfortunately! I usually only have one binge and restrict at least the rest of the day (not saying at all that this is healthy cause I know it isn't!!!!) but yesturday I binged for breakfast and lunch, YIKES, my stomach has never been in more pain. From lunch yesturday, till this morning my stomach still ached. It just made me realize how incredibly unhealthy that was I know that ultimately stopping binging will help to decrease these feelings, but what do you do when you feel like such cr*p?
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Kyra, I know what you mean. We all have our bad days. I see you're in Canada... I don't know how the weather is up there but it makes me feel better to take a 30 minute walk outside with my iPod. I've noticed when I get in from my walk I really do have less of a desire to binge. Just a thought, maybe it's something you can try! I hope the week gets better for you!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I really urge you to get off the binge/restrict roller coaster, right away! It messes with your metabolism, and will make weight loss more difficult. Also, the longer you repeat that pattern, the more difficult it will be to break. I read in a book that I found really helpful to "fake it till you make it". In other words, even if you're not feeling like the thin, in control person you want to be, act like you are. Get up, take care of your grooming, eat 3 reasonable meals, work out, go about your day. Do all the things you envision yourself doing when you've met your goal. It's not easy, it's actually bloody hard sometimes. But each day you succeed, it gets a little bit easier.

Unfortunately, as far as feeling bloated and yucky now, you just have to get through that. Someone here suggested to write down exactly how you feel now. Then, next time you're thinking of bingeing, or tempted by a known trigger, read that list, and decide if it will be worth it. Good luck!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #4  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I know what you mean. After a few days of not binging, I suddenly realize that my constant stomach pain, bloating, gas, etc., are just gone. And my head is less fuzzy. It feels really good.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #5  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy We all know

Hey Kyra,

I think everyone here knows exactly how you feel...yesterday sucked for me as well... I have been falling off the path alot recently... I'll climb back on and then something will happen and I will get pissed or sad or whatever and use food. Right now I think alot of it is where I am in my cycle but I am up several pounds and it feels like crap. I had kind of a built in fast to do after yesterdays bad eating...I had to get blood drawn so I had over 12 hours of no food so other than a headache and a little fatigue I am feeling alot better. I have been very busy and active but it hasn't been enough to stop me from gaining. All I can do is keep trying...keep going...never give up... I think that is just what we all have to do.

Hugs...feel better soon...
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #6  

don't you wish they could bottle up that feeling and you could feel it every time you were able to binge? I'd never binge again!
sunnystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone so much for the replies!

Jman~you described it perfectly... "a fuzzy feeling in your head" That's exactly what happens, and sadly to compensate, I load up on caffeine to feel more alert

casey~yeah, I love getting outside to walk with my dogs, and unfortunately it's pretty yucky whether here up in canada, thought we had spring but apparently not

ravengirl~thanks, and I hope you are hanging in there right now!

sunnystorm~yep... 100% I wish I could just use that feeling for the next time I wanted to binge, I think it would stop ALOT of them!!!!
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #8  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
Jman~you described it perfectly... "a fuzzy feeling in your head" That's exactly what happens, and sadly to compensate, I load up on caffeine to feel more alert
Me too!
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote