Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

Red face How will You Honor Yourself Today?

You do have to realize something about being here. You are rare. You have chosen to take the hard road and change. You fight a good fight. You don't let setbacks stop you. You have a will that should bottled and sold. You deserve praise and support. I think that the place that we are least likely to receive praise from is always (gulp).....ourselves.

So with that in mind I decided to start this thread. How will you honor yourself today? Will you forgive yourself for having a bad day yesterday and push forward? Perhaps you will stand in the mirror and tell yourself that you are a goddess 150 times. Perhaps you will honor yourself by saying no to something.....like a binge. Mabey you will buy yourself something, or take a class or take your vitamins....anything that honors the stromng and deserving woman that you are.

Me? I think I will honor myself with some new underwear.
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/229/140

Height: 5'5

I will honor myself by not feeling guilty for leaving my kids with my husband while I go to the gym this evening!!! Also, instead of comfy clothes (i.e. baggy sweats) I will dress nicely to take my kids to their well-baby check-ups this afternoon. New undies doesn't sound half-bad either...
BBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I bought a new outfit a few days ago and I'm going to honor myself by going out with the girls, wearing it, and dancing the night away

And no matter how I feel before i go, i will look in the mirror and tell myself that i better be careful because every guy i'm going to see will want a piece of me

Its actually a great outfit and i'm feeling good already!

Its always fun to burn calories and have fun!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I like this thread.... I've had a not-so-good week. I'm not even going to weigh myself until next week - no point doing something that will bum me out so much that I'll proceed to punish myself with more food.

So, to honour myself today, I'm going to eat 3 healthy meals plus an afternoon snack (my "plan"), because I don't deserve to feel the crappy way that overeating makes me feel.

I also re-read much of "Fit from Within" (by Victoria Moran - an excellent book for anyone interested), to remind me to honour myself by taking care of myself.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

I'm going to honor myself by NOT slipping into old patterns of eating OR thoughts. And by remembering that one can be unhealthy of mind no matter HOW thin or beautiful they are. So I'm just going to stay in, just for one night, and ignore the chemistry lab I have to do and the history paper I have to write, and just take a bath and talk to the boy I love and let him convince me that I'm beautiful.
kelema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/198/178

Height: 5'6"

I am honoring myself today by actually making an appointment with a therapist, by having a great little catnap and by making dinner at home tonight before I go out, instead of eating junk for dinner.
I am also just enjoying all the beautiful cherry trees blossoming.
keeponkeepingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Smile

I'm going to honor myself by (1) not letting the past couple of days of overeating distract me from how far I've come and the good direction I'm heading, (2) eating good foods today that I will enjoy and are good for me, (3) being a blessing in someone else's life today.
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #8  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm going to honor myself by eating at the bottom of my calorie range rather than the top... or over it.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #9  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm going to honor myself by not letting the scale shift change my positive attitude. I know it's just a number and my life changes will show on the scale soon enough.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #10  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I like this thread too! I forget to respect myself sometimes, so here's what I am going to do: I am going to eat a healthy dinner. Maybe have a salad with it. Thanks for the great thread.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Im honoring myself by eating healthy today and forgiving myself for my total binge on the weekend. I also picked up bath and body works lotion today at the thrift store.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #12  

i'm getting a massage...aaaahhh!
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #13  

also i'm getting back on track after having a few not bad but "sloppy" days