Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

throw it out...seriously. throwing away food is so liberating and feels so good. not just with snacks, it's with meals and anything else. once i i worked up the backbone to go to mcdonalds, buy something. take a few bites of it and throw it away, just to proove to myself that i can. nothing feels better. when you have the mentality that you have to finish food throwing things away really does feel great.
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #17  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i will either dump tabasco sauce on it and then throw it away, or take it out of the house with me when i leave and throw it in a public trash can and walk away. i've driven down the road and flung it into the street and kept going.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on getting rid of it! But I wouldn't make a habit of flushing it or you may end up with plumbing problems. Do you have a garbage disposal? I would just grind it up in the disposal.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I hope my mom's not reading this but I would throw it out to. What is the alternative? Eat it.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #20  

LOL, reading this thread makes me feel so much less alone! although i have never actually eaten anything out of the bin, (edible food has never made it that far)
my biggest problem with binge foods, is my DH does not understand, and insists on buying them for himself. That is my major struggle, i know the food is there and there is always the mentality of eating it and starting again tomorrow.

its good to hear other people struggle with this.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #21  

my last comment did not sound correct, i am not glad others suffer, i just am glad i am not alone in my problems! LOL
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clickme View Post
I have a cat...so when I want to get rid of something I put it in a small plastic bag and then clean the litter box putting the clumps in the bag with the food. Tie it up and take it to the outside trash.
I thought I was good when I dumped coffee grounds on the cake I had to get rid of, but you rock!

My hero!

KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #23  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up

Thanks to you ladies I just went and dumped out two medium bags of x mas MnMs and a bag of dum-dums that have been sitting in my closet since the holidays. Too bad I didn't do that with the miniatures that were sitting there before. I actually flushed the MnMs. Ds was only a bit upset that I did that, but was Ok when I told him they were bad (out of code).

Maybe I should check the rest of the kitchen now? LOL
cmbmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #24  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnythighs View Post
i will either dump tabasco sauce on it and then throw it away, or take it out of the house with me when i leave and throw it in a public trash can and walk away. i've driven down the road and flung it into the street and kept going.
This is a great idea.

I've always felt like I have to finish everything. Especially when my family, friends, or co-workers haven't finished something. I hate to see food being wasted and I feel like I have to save the food - rescue it - from being thrown in the trash.

It's true that it's a waste whether it's going in the trash or in my body. I have to remember that.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Thanks for this thread and knowing that I'm not alone in this. Sometimes when I binge I think no other person could possibly be doing something like this to themselves. I love the idea of dumping soap or hot sauce on the food! I'm going to have to try that because I'm sad to admit that I have actually picked something from the garbage (only if its in a container) to eat it. Its dangerous unless you just totally destroy it I think.
Flutterby873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

I'm with you ladies. This thread is great because it really does show our common struggle. It also reminded me of that Sex and the City episode where Miranda gets hooked on chocolate eclairs.

She decided the eclairs are not enough, so she ends up baking a whole cake. You see her keep going in and slicing off more and more of it. Then she puts it in the trash and you see her peek in to take another bite from the bin. She squirts dishwashing liquid all over it and calls Carrie to say something like "I have just eaten cake out of the trash. I'm telling you this in case you have to check me into the Betty Crocker clinic." I loved that. Mostly because I thought, if they've got this on TV, I'm not the only one who's done it!
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

I started reading this thread because right now i have binge food in the house. I lost my job this week, and the depression hit, so I lost my diet as well. I tell you, I started crying reading what you guys had wrote. I was struggling with my program anyways, so the day I became unemployed, I went to a bargain store and bought some chocolate. Not just 1 bar either. I bought a BOX of chocoloate bars. Yup, 24 chocolate bars sitting in my freezer. Oh ok, now there are only 18 bars in my freezer. Did I mention that I also happened to pick up a gi-normous (3lbs) bag of Big Foot candy? I have about 1/2 a bag left. It's disgusting. I want to throw it away, but I can't bring myself to do it. I want to start my diet fresh today - try again, dust myself off, but being unemployed makes throwing food out akin to throwing away money. Someone help! I think I need an intervention!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #28  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
but being unemployed makes throwing food out akin to throwing away money. Someone help! I think I need an intervention!
But candy is not food....it is poison. At least in these quantities and for the purposes of your health. I can tell you that the act of disposing of binge food is sometimes the most empowering thing you can do.

Anything unopened can be taken to a food bank, other than that, dispose dispose dispose.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #29  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

And since my biggest trigger foods are all of the melty variety (ice and whipped) I usually go for the sink. Hot water and wash it away.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #30  
hara hachi bu

I agree, most binge foods aren't "food" at all. They're piles of excess calories, often with little or no nutrition. Do not feel bad about throwing this away.

Scooping it in with the cat litter - excellent idea!

I've been known to buy a binge food, eat some of it and realize what I'm doing, and whip it out into the weeds as I'm driving (not the wrapper or anything, just the food that will biodegrade or get eaten by a critter). And speaking of critters - the squirrels in my yard have had a few gourmet treats in the past! When I get to that "what am I doing?" moment, I stop what I'm doing and immediately hurl it as far as I can into the back yard.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote