Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #1  
Here I go...AGAIN!

S/C/G: 378/355/190

Height: 5'10"

Default Binge-free week January 29th Start

Hey everyone, I am starting the thread for this week! Everyone can check in and post how they're doing. This is a thread to help us all stay on track for a full week. Let's all have a binge-free week!
meganL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #2  
Here I go...AGAIN!

Well I didn't do so well this week. Today was my weigh-in day. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose either. I knew I wouldn't because I fell off the wagon both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday we had 2 birthday parties, which made it especially rough for me, and on Sunday I went to the movies and out to dinner with my husband. So anyways, I should not have splurged/binged, but I am back and ready to commit. Hope everyone else is doing okay today.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #3  
Potter Researcher

S/C/G: 298/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello Megan! You're going to do just fine! The most important thing for you to remember during these times is the thing that I also need to keep in mind... a set back doesn't mean that you've failed and are doomed to reverse all of the way back to your original destination! Keep plodding on!

I'm also frustrated with my dieting right now. I've been binge-free since Jan. 6, and have stayed basically OP with Atkins through that time. I had a tremendous weight loss during the first 2 weeks, but have stalled out since then. I know that it's only been 10 days without any weight loss to encourage me, and that I should just ignore the scale and continue to press on with the diet. Still, it's harder to do that when it doesn't seem to be netting any benefits! GRRR....

I'm trying to keep looking ahead and forget those pesky little voices that are saying that I should cheat... after all why should I suffer if it's not working? I know that's just my frustration speaking and I'm trying my best to ignore it.

Talk to you all later!

Barb
Phoenix Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Barb, head over to the atkins thread and ask for help....we'd be more than happy to help you figure out why you have stalled out already.

I had a good week, no bingeing, and Im down 9lbs. 7 full days of controlled eating.....Im aiming for another 7.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Today is 9 days straight of no binging/purging!!!!!!

I am so proud...... I really am trying and working on this.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
Today is 9 days straight of no binging/purging!!!!!!

I am so proud...... I really am trying and working on this.
Good job! =]
WeightOnMyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

35 days binge free... not too shabby
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #8  
Potter Researcher

Yeah Ladies! Way to go with your successes!

I'm at 25 days binge free!

Thanks for your help Robin! I've been searching the LC archives and have found some information about why I might have stalled out and feel much better about it now.

Barb

Last edited by Phoenix Song; 01-31-2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/199/145

I made it last week! I have no idea if I lost anything, since I've decided to take things one month at a time. So I'll get my Feb 1 weight in a few days and then check in with the scale again at the beginning of March. Anything over 5 lbs would be great, but I'll be happy if I can go the entire 30 days without losing control. But so far, so good!

Phoenix Song, I was an on-and-off Atkins girl for the past few years, and from everything I've read (book and on-line), I think that a post-Induction stall is normal. Your body might just be adjusting to the initial loss. If you ride it out without letting it get you down, then the scale will probably start moving again soon. Good luck!
magnoliafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'4

1 month no serious binging. Monday and today I had 4 small meals throughout th day. Sunday I was slightly naughty (2nd helping of dinner) but I made the second portion smaller than the 1st so not too bad.
Clickme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #11  
Potter Researcher

26 days binge free!

And it's been 13 days since my stall began. *sigh* I'll keep trying to wait it out! It's so tough to do the things that you're supposed to do without even cheating a bit and STILL find yourself not seeing any results!

Hope that you all have great days!

Barb
Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #12  
Here I go...AGAIN!

I am checking in. I'm still determined but not doing so well. I had a binge yesterday and Monday, as well as last weekend. I had a really bad week at work and resorted to bingeing. I feel bad about it. Today I am back on plan. I think I can salvage this week if I just stay in control the rest of the week. Good luck everyone.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:17 PM   #13  

still binge free...

things are going ok i guess

too cold to type haha
Old 02-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #14  
Potter Researcher

Hey! It's an exciting day for me!!! (No, I haven't been able to break my unfortunate weight loss stall....)

I'm at 27 days binge-free (Nearly a month!!!) AND J.K. Rowling has announced that book 7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be released in July 21, 2007!!!

W00T!!!

Have a great day everybody!

Barb
Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #15  

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT DH!!!

Whenever i exercise, i always listen to MuggleCast!

I have reread the books... atleast over 10 times each not counting HBP well anyways, i was excited to see that news as well!

Great job everyone! keep up the hard work!

ps: i'm eating a snow 'slushie' basically its snow and sf 0 calories raspberry flavored syrup! yummy