Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Curbed my binge feeling...

I've been binging for 11 months, and just recently got onto dieting again...but as someone stated earlier on this site, you can't just instantly kill the binge monster. I feel like binging when I am moderately hungry and am feeling bad.

I have been feeling really bad about what happened in school. I walked into class and one girl said, "Ew..."

It doesn't help that they are all seemingingly perfect and skinny.

I keep remembering it, and I agree with her. But it makes me feel depressed.

I feel like I'll never be able to be as good or better than them. And I fail on my diet from my emotions. I felt like binging to make myself feel better...but I kept telling myself that if I want to be better I can't overeat and make myself feel okay...then have to go back to school even heavier cause I ate too much. The only way is to stick to my diet.

But I was very upset...so I was looking for a 100 calorie snack and found a whole container of strawberries. I measured a cup and put some sweet n' low on it and went to my room before I did anything else. I sat down and tried to savor them to feel better.

I think it worked. I feel proud for beating the binge...but I fear it consistently. I don't know...I just get low and have low confidence in myself.

I don't know what I'm asking, I'm just telling how I beat it. At least, so far...

>_<

Last edited by Gamerchick; 01-07-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:13 AM   #2  

Congratulate yourself on taking the time to acknowledge what you're doing, how you're feeling and making a healthy choice.

So many of us know that feeling SO WELL and it's easy to think afterwards it's easy, I'll make the right choice next time and that day never comes. It's hard, but I think it will get easier. Take a minute now to hug yourself or smile or SOMETHING because you should feel proud of yourself. Think "I could have done xxx and would be feeling terrible now, but I didn't, I did xxx and I feel fabulous! See brain, that wasn't so hard!"

... and know that in making your good choice and opening up online, you're helping to inspire and encourage other women feeling exactly the same... reading posts from people like you is helping me say no to my inner binge monster right now!
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 119/115/104

Height: 5'1''

Default you should be proud

I agree, you definitely should feel proud right now! Though you may have along way to go you get there by taking one step at a time. As for that girl, you shouldn't let that get you down. She obviously is just ignorant to how much a comment like that can hurt. Show her you're better by letting it go and moving on. Hust keep looking inside yourself for that motivation. You can do it! Great job!
ejenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

That is an awful thing that happened. Try not to view yourself in the eyes of this mean girl. You are a unique and special person and no less worthy than the "thin girls" in your class. You're not alone..most high school and college age people (including that girl) have a low confidence level and often feel awkward or less than others (though they may not outwardly show that). You must keep your chin up and do the best you can. And when you slip up (as we ALL do), you must pick up and move on AS SOON you can catch yourself (no giving up and continuing the binge until tomorrow or monday or new year's). Try having some low calorie healthy foods on hand for those times where you do feel like just eating. Binging on even 3 cups of strawberries or some FF yogurt or low calorie popsicles or some high fiber/protein cereal won't hurt your diet! Keep coming to this forum regularly for motivation and support. I've been losing steadily since the day I started here!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #5  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

gamerchick

Quote:
I feel like I'll never be able to be as good or better than them.
WRONG!!!! You are already MUCH MUCH MUCH better because I know you would NEVER try to hurt someone's feelings the way that meanie did!

OK, I'm being a bit harsh on the "meanie". She may have lots of her own insecurities, maybe a terrible family and emotional issues. She may look perfect, but NO ONE has a perfect life! Or maybe she saw a big roach at the same time you walked in or saw someone picking their nose. Don't take it personally. She can't hurt you if you don't let her.

I'm sorry you feel down on yourself. I understand because I was very overweight in high school. It has been more than a few years since I left high school ( and I admit it) and I can tell you that I am in a MUCH better place (mentally and physically) than the "thin" mean ones! BTW, the "thin" ones are not so thin now.

GOOD for you, for "beating the binge"!!! You CAN do this!
It may help to have scheduled and PLANNED meals and snacks. That helps me a lot. I also have to remind myself that FOOD IS FUEL. If my body doesn't need fuel, I don't need to eat.

Last edited by telemetrynurse; 01-08-2007 at 04:53 PM.
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote