Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Talking Binge free week, December 18th start

Ok, new week, new binge free thread- starting woth borrowed words from lovely Elizabeth:

This is a thread to challenge ourselves to remain binge free for one week. Some of us make it, and some of us don't, but we all give it our best effort. It doesn't have to be an entire week. Some of us take it hour-by-hour. Whatever you can do, come here to share your successes and your struggles. Together, we are all stronger!

Please refrain from mentioning any specific foods because it sets some people off on a binge. If you feel the need to mention food, head on over to Cyber Purgers and confess away.

This is a thread open to all, don't hesitate to jump in anytime!!! Newbies are very much welcomed!!!

Good luck and much strength!

Let's do it!!!
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #2  
On my way...

Here go again....

Last week was quite ok...not really good, but complaining doesn´t help much- specially because the week is over.
At the moment I have the strange feeling as I would walk two steps next to me. Very seperated feeling and I have a problem with "being there" or being present, which leads to eating too much. Maybe to fill the gap, maybe becaue I have a problem with really tasting and concentrating on what I eat.

Oh, and there will be the appointment with my "lose-20lb-in -8 - weeks"- Doc. Even I decided (my head again) not to put so much pressure on myself anymore, I have a hard time doing what I decided to do...

But I had a very nice afternoon today. A very small Christmas Party with my violin teacher and a few other pupils. The others were under 10 years old...But we had a fun time playing Christmas carols. I hadn´t played with so many others before and it was quite fun.

Ok, my goal for this week is to report here n daily base. Maybe that could help me to collect myself again.

Elizabeth, I hope you are feeling well!! Please feel free to PM me anytime you want!!
Interesting, some time ago someone told me: Oh, you got PMS? And I was quite furious...I wasn´t balloned, behaving nice, so how could he...But he ment "Personal Message Service", not the other thing. Ok, re- reading it I have to aknowledge that this isn´t interesting. Anyway.

Oh, look, they have a new Kate-smiley:

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate

P.S: My lovely cat (note pic on the left) had to eat (or HAS TO EAT) a pill today. I had to weigh her to find the right dosage. What a drama!! My cat was much more dramatic in front of the scale then in front of the vet- like mother like daughter

Last edited by Kate109; 12-18-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I'm in! I'm practicing being binge-free for the brand new year

I've noticed that sometimes I can stop myself from bingeing, but I still end up overeating. I don't like being on that slippery slope - it makes me feel so out of control and just one step away from the mindframe, "I've already messed up, why should I fight it?" I'm going to try to watch that.

Sometimes I obsess too much about what I am/am not eating. I'm going to try to concentrate on enjoying the smell, taste and texture of every bite of everything that I eat, and refusing to feel guilty about eating healthy, planned meals.

I can do this!!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #4  
julie

S/C/G: 239/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'2

hi ladies how are you doing today? i think coming in everyday is a good thing i swear it helped last week. i binged one day sigh. i figure thats progress though because i can have the mentality that once i overeat at one meal i can do that for days.
i really need to focus on my water intake. i don't drink that enough.
jaceycat28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 AM   #5  
On my way...

Good morning!

Ok, yesterday evening was ok.
Today is the Christmas party of the Green Party in my town (where I belong to). I seriously think of not going. After meeting the other "Greens" i am always very angry and not feeling well...

just_a_dreamy1: Quite the same with me...Not binging, but overeating sometimes. I feel so messed up at the moment, itīs hard to concentrate on my feelings, my hunger etc.

jaceycat28: Congrats on your success! And the water intake...my water intake is horrible too. I read 2.676 times that water intake is really important because people sometimes tend to eat when they are actually thirsty, but I have a heard time drinking enough water or tea.

I hope everybody is having a nice day with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 12-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #6  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Thats to everyone!

Hi guys....Yeap its me....Miss me?

Not been having a great time since i have been missing. In fact I was downright scared at times. Gaining control again now. Haven't binged in 2 months...but Purging was becoming a daily problem. Food was becoming my enemy and i was ashamed about how i was feeling and the things i was doing. I ALMOST purged yesterday but stopped myself....I am now 1 week 2 days purge free. I was at a point a few days ago that hubby had to rub my tummy and back just to keep my food down I hated it.

Good news....EVERYONE knows now. All my family knows i have a problem with food and they all watch out for me. They already knew i HAD been bulimic but had no idea i had relapsed.

I am beginning workouts again which is why i am here right now...hubbys at work all my friends are busy and the workout made me sick to my stomach and i am trying to avoid a disaster.

You would think that when a person hits "goal weight" the fight would be over....Not for me. the fight is tougher and the battles are harder. I seriously HATE food now...every bite that goes into my mouth makes me angry. I have started eating smaller meals more times a day and it seems to help......

Girls...sorry i was gone so long. I was so lost in myself that it has taken this long just to get the courage to post again. I plan to stick around and at least post a little (yea right me post little?? nahhh) each day.

Good luck on all your battles and best wishes to everyone that has a victory................Sharon
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:43 AM   #7  
On my way...

Hi everybody!

Ok, I did quite well yesterday. And I skip that Christmas Party- didnīt want to sit around with people I donīt like and get angry.

Sharon: Good to have you back !! But sad to hear that you have such a **** bad time! I wish I would be able to says (or write) something helpful, but I canīt.....All I know is that staying on this forum and posting a little (or a little more ) is extremly helpful. I shied away from that forum for a few weeks because I was so messed up and all that, but I feel as if coming here regularly and posting helps me to keep myself together (doesnīt seem to help with language, though... )
Thinking of you and sending you good wishes!!

I hope everybody is having a good time with some amount of time without binging and purging!

Kate
Old 12-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Smile

Kate: Thanks for the words of encouragement, sweety They mean alot

Sharon: It sounds like you have a wonderful support system in your husband & family. It takes so much more courage and strength to be healthy than to be sick. I wish you all the best

Have a great day, everyone!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote