Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #16  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

PPS to All:

Idea:

You know how we have an Exercise Thread Sticky for December with the dates handy?

How 'bout having something like a "December Daily Menu's" STICKY--
(or whatever) - for our daily Breakfast/Lunch/Supper/Snacks? In a similar format as the Exercise Thread.

The long separate, long Threads we have now are brutal on my dial-up loading and I think having the MONTH in one long sequence of dates would be Totally Faboo just to glance at to get Meal Ideas, Snacking Ideas from our Fellow Posters!

Whattya think?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #17  
Going to ONEderland

I'm here, I'm here! Lost it over the weekend (which then spread into Monday) but I had a plan and came home for lunch to eat LOW CARB food today. So I'm back.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

aud, I did use a lot of fruit since starting Atkins. For some reason it didn't hurt my wt. loss. I would eat a lot of fresh pineapple, cantalope and watermelon. Occasionally and apple, orange or banana. I have eaten literally tons of pork rinds. I also like fresh veggies with ranch dip. Anytime that I had fruit, I tried to be reasonable and not eat a bunch of fried bacon or sausage that day. Sort of cut the fat that day to make up the difference, if that makes any sense. I also use sugar-free jello with the spray whipped topping a lot. I grabbed for lunch meat and string cheese a lot. Canned chicken and tuna salad always helped. Deviled eggs. Over time, through trial and error I learned what my body could handle. Plus, WAlK, WALK, WALK worked for me.

Sherry, glad to see you're back to low-carb.

aud, I think that's a good idea on a meal thread, it's hard to remember to post in 3 separate places.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #19  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
PS to robin:

"Pilates for Dummies"

Discuss.

Seriously - what DO you think of Pilates? I know next to nothing about it - but since I currently am unable to contort this 233 pound mass into anything even resembling a Yoga Pose (my Downward Dog looks like the BUFFALO on the old time nickels!) . . . I'm wondering if I could get some stretching/strength with Pilates?
I very much dislike pilates, or any other exercise that uses my own body weight for resistance. BUT, it really is easy if you start at the very beginning. If you have netflix or some other mail order dvd thingy like maybe blockbuster...you can order the dvd's from there and see if you like them before buying. Thats what I did, I was very happy I did that. There are too many out there that dont give alternative exercises to the hard stuff Now I said it was easy, yes it really is, and you might think, hey this isnt so bad until the next morning....you'll be surprised the sore muscles you have.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #20  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
PPS to All:

Idea:

You know how we have an Exercise Thread Sticky for December with the dates handy?

How 'bout having something like a "December Daily Menu's" STICKY--
(or whatever) - for our daily Breakfast/Lunch/Supper/Snacks? In a similar format as the Exercise Thread.

The long separate, long Threads we have now are brutal on my dial-up loading and I think having the MONTH in one long sequence of dates would be Totally Faboo just to glance at to get Meal Ideas, Snacking Ideas from our Fellow Posters!

Whattya think?

sounds great!! have you got a layout already thought up? go for it!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #21  

ok - I HAD to break my lurker status to LOL at Aud's Buffalo nickel comment! Aud - you are a kick and I love reading your stuff! I love reading the rest of you guys too, but she always gets me to smile!

Luv ya guys!!! You're doing great!!!

Kel (the original - lol)
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #22  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Kel

Not much happening in my little corner of the world....thinking about putting up my tree, and dragging all the decorations down from the attic.

Been busy with work, we received an order for 42 shirts yesterday Even got a bunch of t's done for my brother for xmas, with his fav sayings "Go away!", "Why are you buggin' me?" and...."yah, I eat fruit loops, you got a problem with that?" Picture a guy with a nickname of Tank, wearing that shirt thats my brother

Eating is ok, exercise still isnt happening. Ive got to get my rear in gear.

Have a great op day ladies.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #23  

Lily, How is your daughter doing and how did her tests turn out? You mentioned that she once had heart surgery. Is her health not too good? That must be awful at age 14. I'm always thankful when the kids are well. My 23 yr old dd who is pregnant was having some extra beats but it seems to have gone away. She is due April 24th.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #24  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, I'm having problems at home again. My 14 yr. old DD left a note in her bedroom floor that is very depressing. I have an appt. at 5PM today to take her for mental health evaulation to see if she needs inpatient or outpatient treatment. She is at school right now and I'm going to pick her up at 2:30 so she doesn't get on the bus. I am very worried about her. She has been withdrawn lately and doesn't ever seem to be happy.

carol, she did have heart surgery at 8 yrs. old and hiatal hernia repair at 9 yrs. old. Her biggest complaint now is right sided pain but her gallbladder ultrasound didn't show any stones.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #25  
Baby Steps

I thought I posted yesterday but from the looks of it...must have just run & ran. Odd of me. Well, I'm out of the loop now as there's so many people that posted since...so I'll just pop in, say I'm here & ok and OP (but not enough water). TOM is coming soon so I'm not looking forward to that. Ok...time for me to run again.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:08 AM   #26  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Cuties
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #27  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Its snowing like crazy here right now. I'll have to dig out the shovel soon!

Lily, hopefully this is just a faze she is going thru. When I was 15 I went thru a very bad depression. Probably something I should have been medicated for. But back then not much was done about that sort of thing. for your dd, and hopefully its nothing serious.

Not very much happening around here, doing a bit of work, but thats about it.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #28  
lilybelle

Thanks everyone. Her evaluation went OK and she will be having out-patient counseling for depression. She was mad at me for taking her, but she seems to be OK now. I think she is going to be fine, but does need to talk more about her problems and not keep them bottled up.

I am staying on-program with my eating. Yesterday was hard, but I managed OK. Tonite we are going to step-daughters graduation from RN school. It is 20 degrees here and I have to wear a dress. I don't have any dress slacks that would fit. My exercise has been nil for the last couple days.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #29  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone here. Just got back from a week in Pittsburgh with DBF . I ate on plan but, was a bit concerned because we went to dinner one evening at Texas Road House & another evening at Carrabba's. Both places were delicious. I had grilled salmon with green beans & salad at Texas Road House and Chicken Bryan (grilled chicken breast with fontina cheese & sun dried tomato's with a lemon garlic butter sauce) asparagus in butter with parmesan cheese and ceasar salad (DBF ate croutons) at Carrabba's. When I got home last nite, I stepped on the scale and I managed to lose 3 lbs!! 2 lbs passed my goal!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #30  
lilybelle

WTG Kim, that is fantastic. You have done so great. I'm happy for you.