Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #31  
Baby Steps

Sherry: Don't forget that even if the scale isn't moving your body is still losing inches! Keep up the great work & WTG on staying OP!!

Kel: WTG on not eating what Gran was trying to push onto you!! How'd it go at work? And I never thought to precook chicken in different foil packets!! You have awesome ideas!!!!

I've got to feed the deer again today. I like doing it...except now it's cold outside so it's not so enjoyable to just meander through the woods. Now I rush in, rush out before my nose freezes off (right now it's 19 degrees outside but with the wind and everything it "feels like 6" according to the weather.com!!). I think I'll wait until it "warms up" a little (high of 27 today).
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #32  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Hang in there ArkKel....grammas love to feed us Mine takes notice if Ive lost any weight, then will ask me if she should put out any cookies with our coffee. She doesnt just put them out automatically anymore.

Brenda~ Im doing pretty good. I got to the gym on Monday, been walking outside the rest of the week. I dont like being inside when the sun is shining outside. Its too rare an occurance around here. Like today....starts a week long stint of first rain, then freezing rain, then snow..and lots of it! I hate buffalo this time of year I need to be either further north or further south.

I bought my dd a product called "Story Wizard" for christmas, and I just received an email saying it may not get here ontime. So they sent me the link to download it. What a neat program. Its great for your budding novelist. She loves to type out her stories in word, then print them out, & staple them together so they look like an actual book. Im really pleased with this one!! I hope she likes it as much as I do

Thats about it in my little corner of the world, have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

If yall try the chicken in foil - add a little butter or fat to the packets and don't cook too long. I usually go an 1 hour tops at 350 for a bunch of them. My DH made them once - no extra fat added to his, cooked 'em extra long to be sure they got done. Made awesome chicken jerky that would bounce off the floor - dogs loved to chase them around. Harder than a chew bone, tastes like chicken!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #34  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I went to the quack that I used to call a Dr. yesterday. My EKG was normal. He told me my chest pain is "psychosomatic" and then he asked me if I'm on Meth. Which I definitely am not. He said he's never seen anyone lose as much weight as I did without being on drugs. I chewed him out and not kindly. He also griped me at me for having 3 surgeries this past yr. Each and every one are the ones that he sent me to a surgeon for. 2 were hernia repairs with bowel adhesions and the other was a bowel obstruction. He said the adhesions are "totally normal" and didn't need fixed. I said , "what was I supposed to do, tell the surgeon, Oh fix the hernias but leave those adhesions, they are totally normal". I think the surgeon could tell when he got in there what needed to be fixed. I went under anesthesia for the hernia repairs and didn't have any idea til I woke up that he had fixed adhesions in 10 places. Anyway, this A@@hole, treated me like I had sought out a surgeon on my own to perform unnecessary surgery on me. His office nurse had me to do a urine test yesterday and I asked what it was for. She said "He wants to get a drug test". I did the test just to prove that I don't do drugs, but I'll never see that jerk again. He totally blew off the reason for my office visit, which was chest pain. Made me feel like an idiot and accused me of being a drug addict. I screamed so loud at him that his office of waiting patients, I'm sure they got an earful.
So, my DD is sick today and had been sick at school yesterday. I'm taking my chances on a walk-in medical clinic with an unknown Dr. today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #35  
Baby Steps

Robin: That was nice of them to send it so you could download it! And WTG on the exercise!!

Kel: Thanks for the reminder that it doesn't take long for chicken to not be edible The image of what you posted just made me laugh!

Lily: Oh heavens can that doctor say LAW SUIT? Ok, I have to give you credit for going through w/the pee test cuz I sure as heck wouldn't have. Would have told him where to stick the test!! Definitely sounds like a jerk and hopefully you can find a doctor you DO like and that isn't a moron!

Did exercise! I'm proud of myself! I'm hoping to get back into the routine. Thinking back to when I was doing tons of exercise, I remember all the energy I had. I just don't remember how I fit it into my day I'll figure something out I guess. Made the 1 minute muffin but w/out the baking powder (as I didn't have any) so I'm interested as to how it'll taste That's my lunch
Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #36  
lilybelle

Brenda, can you only image how badly I wanted to throw that "pee" test at him. LOL, that would have been great. But, since he already thinks I'm crazy, that would have confirmed it. LOL
Old 11-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #37  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

FOUR more pounds y'all! Yeeeeeeee doggies this is getting GOOD! Altho' I must admit that I thought it would be more - have been feeling "lighter" - LOL - does that make sense even?

The ice storm is hitting hard here in the Show Me State - hard to believe it was 75 degrees here YESTERDAY at this time. Supposed to be dropping into the 20's all afternoon!!!!

Exercised like a DEMON yesterday - walked waaay over 5 miles and then spent 2 hours in the gym!!!! Mainly upper body circuits - but also did some heavy duty back stretching and abs. Thought I'd be super sore today but so far so good. Was gona do lower body tonight (in case you're wondering - there was no production and just classes going on. I mainly have to be there in case of problems/friction - delighted that there wasn't!!! ) BUT its starting to look like I won't be SLIDING anywhere - we'll see . . . I've got an hour to decide.

I love to walk outside too robin, even in winter or spring rain. Just gear up and move . . . treadmills are torture for me! I'm a real clock watcher - unless I have a book on tape. Even then its hard.

brendanerb: I know we've just met and all but hoping in advance you don't mind me politely suggesting:

GET OFF THE FREAKIN' RAISINS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez Louise GF - all that hard work somewhat negated by some dried up grapes!!!!!!!! yeah yeah, they're "healthy" - but save them for later on down the road - or better yet - don't save them at all but throw the dayum things OUT for now.

Hope you'll hit the Posting "size" button thingie on me too brenda - that day IS coming!

OR you could just tell me to shut up?

Hey ya Arkie! Great chickenball Idea!!! LOVED all your tips! I've been keeping super simple cause if I get too recipe happy at the beginning of Atkins - I end up bingeing - ON ATKINS stuff, but overeating all the same. WTG resisting GrannyComfort!!!! Amazing willpower as I think back on my own Gran! That's why I understand what lilyb means about her Atkins type cookies--they sounded GREAT BTW --but if I start making stuff like that during Induction, I end up licking the bowl and enjoying SIX of those puppies, instead of 1-2, you know?

Altho' I'm thinking of making some Egg White Macaroon Cookies if I stay home from Ice **** Work (watching the reports get grimmer as I type ) . . . 59 degrees sounding good right around now AZBeth!

My all time LC Fave is the Cauliflower Casserole that is like a Mashed Potato replacement on lc diets. Not that it tastes like MP's, momwithagoal, but satisfies the craving for that dish/texture/comfort for me. The jazzed up version calls for 2 heads cauliflower steamed and draining while you prepare the sauce: 2 cream cheeses/1 stick real butter/heavy cream to thin as you simmer. Season with white pepper/onion powder/garlic powder and finished dish topped with Paprika (although I've been topping with "Chicken Rotisserie" seasoning and its Faboo.) I usually just use the frozen chopped cauliflower and whip up a sauce w/o the cream and about 1/2 the butter and cream cheese in the microwave.

sherry, so glad you're hanging tough and made it on thru to the other side!!!

ttyal if I get iced in!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #38  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

PS: I am totally OUTRAGED about lilyb and the "Doctor." Talk about Big Brother being out of control! And just what was the all knowing all seeing OZ gonna DO with your unauthorized drug test results???? Commit you to rehab against your will? Contact authorities??? Call A&E and schedule a segment of Intervention???

(I LOVE that show BTW! )

Sing with me?

This chit is BANANAS! . . . .

b-a-n-a-n-a-s

We ain't no hollaback giiiiiiiirrrls!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #39  
Lovin' Life

Aud WTG on the 4lbs!!

Lily, I dont know what I would have done in your position. Im curious as to his rampage...and why he took it out on you. Im glad you gave it back to him tho. There is no reason to be treated like that at all. geez! I wouldnt have given him the pee test either. I might very well have taken the form with me to a lawyer....if for no other reason than to scare the **** out of him.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 276/249/120

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone.

Well, I'm completely annoyed. Twice now, after I've spent 20 minutes writing a message and trying to comment on everyone else's message my message has been lost into cyber space.

So...I do hope everyone has been well and had a great on-plan day. Mine was fine, just long. It is one of my long days in class and teaching, (I am getting my MFA in Playwriting and teach college english).

Lily - Find a new doctor. I don't know why he acted that way but you need someone in your corner. It's clear he isn't. I'm sorry you had that experience.

Aud - Congrats on the 4 lb loss! That's great.

lady_adnerb - Good job on the exercise. What did I hear the other day..."whenever I get the urge to exercise I lay down untill it passes"...lol

RobinW - Hope your day has gone well.

Arkansas Kel - Just remember...snack machines are the work of the devil lol.

SherryA - Keep your chin up. I have no doubt that you're losing weight even if the scale doesn't want to let you in on that secret. Just remember you're the boss. Great news on the comment. That is certainly a good way to brighten the day.

Well, that's it for now. Let's see if this will post this time or if I have to rip out the rest of my hair.

All best,

Beth

Last edited by ArizonaBeth; 11-30-2006 at 10:20 PM.
ArizonaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #41  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, it is freezing sleet and snow here. Schools are all cancelled.

My DD was sick and I took her to a very nice Dr. at the walk in clinic. He is concerned about her stomach pain and is sending her back to OKlahoma City to her pediatric gastroenterologist that did her hiatal hernia repair. She has an ultrasound of her gallbladder scheduled for Monday. Her liver enzymes are elevated. I'm hoping for the best. She is sure having a lot of upper right sided pain and vomiting.

Sorry that I mentioned my cheat with cookies, I didn't eat many. My wt. is really down from the stress. I weighed 136 at the Dr. yesterday and weighed 140last week. I'm sure the lbs. will find me again. I can't ever maintain below 140.

Glad to see everyone else is hanging in there and doing great.
Brenda, I didn't get a deer.

As for my Jerk of a doctor, his office partner walked out and left him and switched to a different practice. He's stressed completely out and seeing twice as many pt's as he should. It still doesn't excuse his behavior. Oh and she informed me that my drug test came back negative. Lol, go figure.

Last edited by lilybelle; 12-01-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #42  
Going to ONEderland

Lilybelle, did you tell him about low carb and ATKINS? Did you ask him if he has ever seen anyone eat low carb before? Your story isn't unusual for someone on Atkins. I've known quite a few people drop weight that rapidly without drugs.

I DO think it was funny that he wanted a drug test. I too feel like it was not really his business, but yeah, I probably would have taken the test just to prove it to the idiot.

The scolding you for surgeries he sent you to was completely out of line, can't figure out where he is coming from with that one. Still I think I would have kept my cool with him. He probably would have gotten some serious ICY stares from me and some very COLD answers, but I think my voice would have been in a low tone rather than a loud one. Why? Because if he thought you were on drugs, then yelling only makes you seem out of control.

No I don't think I would go back to a doctor like that either. What an idiot!

I didn't do well yesterday. Kids had made cookies and so when I got home I had a couple. They were small, and not very good. I also had some nuts/trail mix. And I had some low carb mousse.

I need to get back to induction. I'm certain my ketosis is gone. Scale was at 251 this morning. Which is lower than it was yesterday, but it bacically keeps hovering around that same area. I feel thinner, look thinner, but scale won't move and I think it has to do with more water in me than I usually have if I've been sticking to the ketosis region of low carb.

I don't think I ate HIGH carb yesterday, the cheats were small and kept within a small amoun of time, but I need to get back into ketosis.

So 3 days, no cheats for me again. Only way to get that ketosis back quickly.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #43  
Baby Steps

Lily: Personally I think HE'S the crazy one. And you're right, that doesn't excuse his behavior. And of course your test came back negative. Why is it doctors never believe people? I mean, I know some/alot lie...but not everyone. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?
Sorry to hear you didn't get a deer!! And hope your DD gets to feeling better!

Aud: WTG on the exercise and weight loss. I TOTALLY can relate to the "feeling lighter" thing. I feel a LOT lighter than yesterday so was surprised the scale hadn't moved. I figure oh well, at least I FEEL better Keep up the great work....oh, and a side note, thanks for the kick in the butt about the raisins. I read your post then promptly went and threw them out. Don't know why it didn't dawn on ME to do that :hugs: thanks again!!

Robin: hi there! How's the weather holding up there?

Beth: What you could do (and what I do) is copy the stuff I've typed...that way if it's lost I can always just paste the reply instead of having to start over And you know, I enjoy laying down...but that's how I got in this shape, right?

Ok. So I mentioned throwing out the raisins. I had one of those 1 minute muffins yesterday. Then made one last night to see if DH like them. He took one look at it and said ICK! I said TRY IT. To which he promptly ate a little...then when I wasn't looking, he ate the rest. lol. He said it needed something as well. Cinnamon, or a hint of banana. Some other flavoring. So maybe for his I'll add the banana I've got grocery shopping to do today and then I'm hoping to be home early enough to exercise before the family gets home. I'm thinking of bumping up to the 2 mile WATP as I'm not a bit sore from the 1 mile. Which is good of course, but I should have at least a LITTLE ache---kwim? So maybe the 2 mile will do it for me. I also was watching tv yesterday and hit the fitness channel. They had this lady on there doing some type of trampoline workout. Looked like fun--and got to thinking how it'd be nice if I could do that w/out killing myself. Right now, I'm working on being able to bend over and tie my shoes and breathe at the same time
Old 12-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #44  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Well Brenda, its raining, raining, raining!! Snow is suppose to be on its way tomorrow, after the torential downpours and lightening storms they are calling for tonight. Blah!

Ive gots too much to get done today so I dont have time for personals....have a great op day ladies.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Talking

Lilly: OMG, that jerk gave you quite a compliment! You've lost SO much wt he thought you must be on drugs. You'll see the humor in that later. BTW, an EKG can be normal with chest pain - could be angina? Could be so much more. Could just be stress. And FYI to those who don't know: a medical drug test where I work can't be given to the police - it violates HIPPA (medical privacy act). WE drug test all the time at work - it's just what you have to do sometimes. Once it's negative, no biggie. Your medical professionals need to know. Had a guy with so much cocaine in him we had to postpone his surgery. Better to offend him than kill him. Anyway, Lilly, you'll laugh about that later. Change doctors anyway, sounds like he's got too much on his plate. Change doctors just cause you are not happy with him. Afterall, the medical field is also a service industry. As far as the surgeries - he's lost all reason if he sent you to the surgeon then said all that. He's taking his stress out on you. That won't make for good medical care. If he's under that much stress he won't make good decisions.

Aud: feeling lighter might just be related to being less bloated. I always find I don't feel so "full" when I stay OP.

Adnerb: YAY, I thought about those evil raisins, but it took AUD to go there! Glad you let them go. Grapes would be healthier - sugar not as concentrated! I know grapes - not low carb - but closer to a whole food. Maybe, one day when we are at goal we can work in grapes. mmmm grapes.

Somehow we missed the sleet/snow almost entirely! Somehow I also missed the snack machines at work entirely! Go willpower!!! Had a decent night last night at work - held my head up and held my ground in a couple rough moments, but came out shining. Today, I'm coasting downhill from a good night of work and a good OP night. I'm so far managing my 3 day no cheat challenge! Am looking forward to WI!

Time up - g'night all (g'day to you day people). Time for my bedtime.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote