Old 11-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #16  
Baby Steps

Sherry: Don't you be doing something to sabotage your plan! You're doing awesome and you CAN continue!! STEP AWAY FROM THE JUNK!!

Lily: Glad to see you're getting fiesty again. Keep your chin up

Aud: Sherry is correct. DH is afraid. He's used to the way you look, and if you're out and about in public (w/out him) then of course he doesn't know what's going on...it's a control thing. I'd suggest talking to him and telling him you'd appreciate he not do this. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Robin: Good job staying OP! I can't wait to be where you're at Keep it up!

Kel: WTG on the situps! And don't ya just hate it when TOM shows up and spoils things? And I'm with you---I don't like pain either!

Did ok today. Not enough water....and ate some raisins. I've got to get things in gear if I'm going to lose weight. I've GOT to get going on exercising as well as I need to lose some of the belly fat before February....when I'm supposed to be getting my belly button pierced! So why am I dragging my feet?????? Was thinking of ordering some of the atkins diet pills again. They're what I took when I first started this....so maybe it's what I need again to help me get over this "start up" phase. Going to have to think on that one!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #17  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Take a word of advice from your 245,239lb cyber bud Sherry?

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

(Tx for the late night giggle, girl! Tell your son - this 100# sure sometimes FEELS like that much! )

But seriously Sherry, don't plan a day off now - keep on chugging! Let's idenitify what's causing the stall/cravings.

If, by low carb "goodies," you mean those Russell Stover candies etc - gotta tell you that they were my UNDOING in the past. ANYTHING that lists "net carbs" is OFF my list this time, until I get to Goal Weight. Net carbs sabotaged me just as surely as my insecure Hub - and God Bless you for pointing out the OBVIOUS! Geeeez, I feel like such a dork - surfing around this cyber site - dispensing wisdom to all---- and couldn't see the forest for the INSECURE TREE!!! ROTF!

Poor Dear - he HAS had it rough. Permanently disabled for the last 20 years by an operable brain tumor that was removed, but inoperable aneurysm. (My brother/his best friend always jokes that I had to find someone brain damaged to marry me!)

OK - I promise to turn into the Patron Saint of Hub Reassurance - but you MUST promise to stick to thePlan and identify what's causing these Cravings/Stall and ELIMINATE IT!!!!

this too shall pass

this too shall pass

this too shall pass

Are ya chanting with me Sherry?????????

Not sure how old you are - but since I hit menopause, I've had to add some resistance exercises to kick start my metabolism. Do you do any? Since I've been off work, I've mostly been doing some push ups. Can only manage 6 but try to do them 3-4 times a day.

Back to work tomorrow - but not for long it sounds like. Lay-Offs/Reductions/Threats of Moving Our Product. Very stressful time. I'm optimistic we'll get thru it together!

ETA: HI LADY ADNERB!

Hang in there lilyb!

You GO robin!

WTH happened to holly?

'Night All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

aud: Great job thwarting those potato chips. Potato chips are my DH's nemesis. He cannot resist them so they are not allowed through our door.

Sherry: Hold your ground - don't do it. You can get through this. AND, as a back up plan (as we all know - we can easily succumb) - one diet plan allows a "reward" meal - I think it's the carb addicts diet by the Hellers? Anyway, 1 hour no holds barred eating EXCEPT you must start off with a 2 cup salad. OK, by the time you eat the 2C salad - you can't hold as much of the rest, then you don't want as much of the rest, and if it's do or die - have a little dessert. Sometimes this works for me. They allow it daily, I allow it for myself weekly. It usually helps with cravings - as you will be able to have them eventually.

My probs have eased up. My Gran's friend has come to stay with her, taking a huge burden off of everyone. My Gran is doing better - I think her friend must be a miracle worker or she at least stopped Gran's depression enough to get Gran motivated. I've been off work a couple days, that's been good for me.

Funny, as soon as I posted my sit up regimen I stopped doing it. WTH? Must remotivate on that aspect. I could tell a difference. Have otherwise managed to stay OP - not even a reward meal or indulgence!

Have discovered Tyson precooked steak and chicken strips - great timesaver for those of us who live in a whirlwind.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:50 AM   #19  

Sherry: Also, would like to add - some people have stalled wt loss due to sugar alcohols! Some don't. Maybe you are sensitive to them.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 AM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I broke down and had some cookies last night. Maybe they weren't too harmful as they were made with splenda, eggs and Peanut butter. But, I shouldn't have made them. I am still depressed over marital problems and had been barely eating for several days now. My clothes are once again very baggy right now.

Last night, I had really sharp chest pain and broke out in a sweat for quite a while. I didn't go to hospital, figured it was just stress. I took my blood sugar thinking maybe the cookies caused this, but BS was 113 after eating them. I may go see my Doctor today if he can fit me in.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #21  
Baby Steps

Aud: WTG on the pushups. I don't think I could even do 1!! My shoulders and wrists are weak. Good luck working w/DH's insecurity (ps..call me Brenda)

Kel: You'll get back to the situps! Sometimes taking a "break" is good for your muscles Glad to hear someone's helping w/your G'Ma & wonder if the chicken strips are the ones I had tried. LOVED THEM!! Thanks for the reminder of them

Lily: You're doing so well, please don't let stress throw you a curve (where you start eating more than you would otherwise). Hope all is ok and your doc can fit you in for a checkup!!

Why is it that I'm always determined in the morning to get some exercise..but then throughout the day I just never do it? I know I NEED to do it to get the weight loss dropping like I want. So why am I procrastinating? Today I'm determined to stay completely OP (no fruit or raisins) and to drink more water. Gonna try it anyway
Old 11-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #22  

OK, Lilly - my best med surg nurse talk to you!!! Sharp chest pain coupled with diaphoresis (sweaty) - um, ER!!!! I hope it's all ok, but those symptoms make me nervous. I see that one every day I work. Please be cautious. Hope your dr can see you. At work I'd have already nitroed you, given you an EKG, checked your vitals, sent for stat labs and more. Be safe we need you here.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #23  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi ArkyKel . . . was in your Great State to see the lil Grand Canyon - totally AWESOME! Good Luck with Gran - my parents had me late in life and I was the caretaker for virtually the entire Family as they aged and passed. Wouldn't trade a minute of it in hindsight - but Oh Lordy how stressful it all was at the time!

ahhhh lilyb . . . how I've been where you are! No words of wisdom - (ummm, HELOOOOOO? SherryA--my bestest cyber bud of ummm, is it a week? Had to point out the obvious in my 16 YEAR relationship!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!! ) - but I can already tell that we are all here for each other!

Speaking of sherry - I'm thinking she's busily compiling her list of triggers now? RIGHT sherry?????

Great advice from brendaadnerb - I LOL each time I see your pic under your name!

I'm back to the salt mine tonight - gonna weigh in tonight so cross those fingers for me!!! Hitting the weight room while I'm at it.

ttyl!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 276/249/120

Height: 5'4

Hello. I thought I would just jump right in. I can't believe how cold it is in Tempe, Arizona today. I don't think it should be allowed...I mean 59 degrees...criminal. I'm freezing to death At least it is really pretty out.

Today should be a good day food wise. I only have to go to class for a short time this afternoon so I will be home most of the day. I tend to have complete control at home. Tomorrow will be another story but I will worry about it then.

Lilly - Do take care of yourself. You don't want to take your health for granted. I've been in your situation or at least a similar one with marital problems. It isn't any fun, that's for sure.

lady_adnerb - I feel for you. I need to start some exercise as well. Just keep in mind how much better you'll feel once you do. (Advice I need to take as well!)

Arkansas Kel - Great job staying on plan!

aud - Good luck on the weight-in tonight!

Have a wonderful day, all.

Beth
ArizonaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #25  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Wow, its great to see so many new folks, and folks that arent afraid to kick somone's butt

Lily~ I want to echo what Brenda said. I agree with her 100% I know things are hard, and even tho you're not hungry, and stress has is taking a toll. Don't slip back into your old ways. It would just break my heart...hang in there girl.

I dont have much time for personals, so you ladies keep up the great work!!

Have a great op day everyone.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/185/129

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, new here too!

Big hugs to you ((((((((((Lily))))))))))))) :x

Day two of intro now. I really, really want this. And am feeling really inspired by all of you.

Do any of you have any favorite low carb meals? I'm trying to have variety. Just wondering what are/were your introduction meal fav's.
momwithagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #27  

I keep some roasted chicken and little burger patties on hand for quickie meal bases - seems like you can through them in a salad or low carb wrap etc. and it's almost like fast food it's so quick.
Tuna salad - great on a big leaf of lettuce - rolled up or stuffed in celery.
TAco soup - has become a requirement at our house.
Unstuffed Cabbage - I think it's from Dana Carpender.
Joe - ala dana carpender.
Stir fry - low carb pre cut veggies, some soy sauce, sesame oil and - any leftover meat like that roast chicken.
fauxtatoes - we even eat that when not OP!
Check out Dana Carpender and Linda's Low carb as well as the recipe section, that 1 minute muffin is yum. I have several of Dana's cook books and have good luck with almost everything in them.
Also, check out the what people ate for breakfast, lunch, dinner... threads - can catch an idea here and there.
There's also a thread about what to eat for breakfast besides eggs.
The list is endless, the food is rich usually and delicious. I think we've got low fat beat hands down as far as decadence!!!
Good luck, it's a culinary adventure (an enjoyable one if you like to cook) to cook low carb.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #28  
Baby Steps

Kel: Your idea of having burger patties all ready cooked up was just the ticket I need! I've been trying to think of stuff I could make that if I was snack happy I could eat quick...and those would be better than the raisins and fruit. Thanks!!

MWG: Welcome and WTG on being on day 2!!! Looks like Kel gave you a lot of info to check out. I'm not an adventurous eater so I can't help with that--sorry!!

Robin: How was your day? Have you gone to the gym lately like you talked about?

Beth: 59? Holy catfish batman that would be a heat wave here!! Our high here tomorrow's going to be 26!! Low will be in the teens. I'd trade ya!!

Aud: How'd WI go?? I lol'd when I did that to my picture.

Well, had a handful of raisins. I should have just stepped back and figured out what OP stuff I could eat. Well, tomorrow's another day. I did get more water in today. So that's a step in the right direction. Tomorrow I've got nothing planned so I'm determined to actually get exercising in!! It'll probably only be the 1 mile WATP tape because I'm out of shape again. But better than nothing, eh? I can't wait until I'm able to do the step CD again. That was a blast!! But I'm not going to kill myself trying it now!!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:34 PM   #29  
Going to ONEderland

Hi guys, thanks for the support. I needed it. I got some reinforcement today. Someone asked me if I was losing weight!!!! YAY! I love it when that happens. It made me feel like keeping on keeping on. Maybe even if the scale isn't being my friend right now, perhaps the fat is still coming off! Sometimes scales get stubborn even if the body composition IS changing.

I didn't cheat. Had chicken and salad for lunch today. Steak for dinner tonight. I don't really have "cravings" I'm just getting bored with some of the foods I've been eating. Today I really wanted STEAK for lunch. If I had enough time I would have gone to Sizzler! But chicken was good too. Went to Kentucky fried and peeled off the skin and breading and just ate the meat underneath. It was hot and it was good.

Sugar alcohols may be a problem. I don't always stall with them though. So I can't say. It seems years back when I switched from aspertame to splenda, things slowed down, but I'm not sure if they would have slowed anyway or if it was the splenda. Anyway I can lose with it and without it, I think it just has to do with the stubborn way my body always acts. I lose like crazy for 2 or 3 weeks and then come to a halt, go up, go down go up go down and then eventually (I think) if I hang in there I start losing again. It is like the body has to recalibrate itself or something.

So let's keep on going. I'm good for another week I think (with the compliment I got today!) I think I can hang in there without screwing up for at LEAST another week. Beyond that? We'll see, if the scale will drop for me by then that will help encourage me. If not? Well there is a scripture in the Bible that says your 'power will be scanty' if you "show yourself discouraged on the day of distress". Discouragement is always what tends to make MY power "scanty", so I know it must be true.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #30  

Talking

adnerb: I so get snack happy. I just barely made it through PMS day without throwing caution to the wind. I usually pop chicken in oven in foil (few pieces in each with different flavors in each) and have the burgers cooking at the same time. Also precut veggies and bagged salads help. Precut cheeses. My old friend pork skins. Sometimes a few macadamias helps the salty crave. Anyhoo, I can ramble all day about food.

Beth: 59? We're supposed to make it to 60 today, then snow, freezing rain and sleet tonight with a low of 30 tonight and then up to a whopping 36 tomorrow. As we say in Arkansas, if you don't like the weather, wait it will change.

Sherry: Are you counting the carbs in the splenda? I don't always if I don't use much, but if you use it heavily in the little packets it can sure add up. If you are exercising, you may be building some muscle that is off setting the fat loss weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. That would still cause your shape to change. I still call that good. Try a measuring tape to track progress too! Isn't it a real boost when somebody notices your losses!!!

Visitor is still with gran, and they are both eating it up. Gran eagerly showed me her progress. She has quit falling every day. I call that progress! She is going to be my sabotageur however. She has food, cause everyone keeps bringing her food (Southern tradition - when the times are hard - send a casserole). Gran thinks I must be hungry since I just got there - so she starts in telling me all the "pot luck" goodies she has stashed in her kitchen! Dang it, some of that stuff is great. I stood my ground. I made it out the door without diving in. It took a lot of willpower - constant willpower.

Back to work tonight - must be prepared to fend off sneaky snack machine foods, ill intentioned coworkers pushing early holiday goodies, fast food (oh there's my nemisis) on the way to work. The siren call of Sonic as I pass can put me in a trance!!!