Old 11-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #31  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

carol, the energy drinks are super high in caffeine. I don't drink them at all. I am a coffee fiend. I think I could live on coffee and peanut butter.

I am doing fantastic with my exercise these days. I'm happy with this. I'm also watching my carbs closely. I haven't weighed since last Saturday and will weigh again this Saturday. But, a lot of time when I work out everyday my weight stays the same for the week. This is what I expect to happen. Oh well, I'm supposed to maintain, not lose. The exercise does make me feel good. My tummy feels flatter.
Brenda, he's talking about moving back home at the end of this month if he can get out of his lease. I don't think it will be a problem as those apartments have a long waiting list. It took him 3 months to get one. So maybe it will work.
I'm off to the dentist this AM. Hope everyone has a great day.
Robin, hang in there. I had many restarts too and kept plugging along. It's oK. No one is perfect.
Brenda, WTG on giving up that soda.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #32  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm a little late in posting this afternoon. Went to my volunteers luncheon and did great. Had clam chowder for a started, scrod in cream sauce,mixed summer,yellow squash with carrots and rice for the entree. I left the rice and bread & butter behind.When it came to dessert they had a chocolate ice cream cake. I ate the ice cream part along with coffee. I didn't do to bad,but as the day progressed I started to get the munchies,trying to weird them off by have a protein shake.Supper was protein and veggies.and than the the real binging started, s/f cookies & potato chips left over from my canasta party. I'm really Up on the Scale. Now that you know my confession,give me my punishment. I can't believe I did this,I was so good over the weekend eating wise just to blow it yesterday.I guess w-i with a gaqin didn't help my motivation either.

Robin-I starting over also today. Need that

MsChris-I did have them the same day YIKES!!! I LOVE cheese but I can't seen to find the low sodium kind in my supermarket. I like the recipe for the spinach pie as it doesn't have dough for crusts. It made from cheese instead. The popcorn & potato chips were left overs from my canasta party.

Have a great low carb day

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

lots and lots of that I need today, I'll share too

I blew the dust off my fitday account too.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #34  
Going to ONEderland

Still here. Scale is up a bit. Not going to worry, just going to keep plodding along. Soon it will be back down where it belongs.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:29 PM   #35  
lilybelle

I'm back from the dentist. Not a single cavity in last 15 yrs. Yeah. I do have the one chipped tooth that will be fixed next Wednesday. I hate, hate, hate going to the dentist. But, my teeth are all shiny and clean now.

We're heading to a near-by hospital at 3PM when DH gets off work. His Aunt had a heart attack and isn't expected to survive. She's too unstable to be transferred to a bigger facility. She is 78 yrs. old and the sweetest lady in the world.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #36  
Baby Steps

Sorry to hear about your DH's Aunt. I'll add you to my prayers!

Not sure why, but I've got a HUMONGOUS headache. UGH! It's been coming and going the past couple days. Don't understand it a bit but I'll be bummed if I get it on Saturday and can't hunt!! TOM is almost gone and stepped on the scale...and I'll be happy if this continues!! I'll have to do an official WI tomorrow as I won't be near a scale on Saturday to WI. I had this HUGE urge to munch on something tonight...but managed to hold it off. Now it's gone! How awesome is THAT?!?!?! I've never been able to do that before and hopefully will be able to continue to do that when the urges hit. I might be able to get back on track yet!!!! Off to get some tylenol and head to bed.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #37  
lilybelle

Thanks Brenda. I have been having a headache too. I think it could be due to running out of splenda and buying sweet n low instead. Saccharin?

My DH's Aunt looked better than we expected when we got to the hospital. She was alert and talkative. I hope and pray she pulls through this.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #38  
Baby Steps

Lily: Glad to hear she's doing better. I'm not sure what my headache if from (suspecting an ear infection in the making, though). Hopefully your headache goes away!

Well, WI was nice! It was nice (again) to see the scale go down for a change. I also didn't expect the 5 pound drop this week. But I'll take it. Won't expect it every week. Trying to figure out what type of food to bring tomorrow. Unless I get a deer right away in the morning I won't be out of the woods until later...so have to bring food along. And something to drink. Last year I brought Snickers and hot cocoa. This year I'd like to do legal foods so I don't mess up this weight loss I've got started!! I'll have to check things out and see what I come up with.
Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget your water!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #39  

Lily, Is that the aunt that lost the weight?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Morning Everyone...Thanks for the welcome back...

Stoped in to say HI... Hope things gets better for everyone...
I'm still not eating like i should...Hopeing to get that turned around soon..I went to Dr. tuesday and my weight was 154, not to bad i figured it would be more the way i've been eating lately...
Brenda...I did like being in management but when i was there, there was only 2 of us and that was very tireing and stressful...Just 2 of us running the store 7 days a week... We never got a break and our district mang. didn't seem to care... He would never send us help..We couldn't take anymore...We both walked out on him at the same time...i was surprized they even hired me back...Thank goodness he is not our district mang. now...Who knows i might take management again....
Well got to go got a busy day ahead...work this morning and DD basketball game this evening, then take to her dads afterwards. maybe i can get back home by 8:00 tonight...Thank goodness she don't have to cheer for the boys game tonight too... Shes also a cheerleader....
I love these smilies....
Have a great day everyone....
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #41  

Location: North Carolina, but I will always be a true Yankee from Connecticut!

S/C/G: 293/280/180

Height: 5'6'

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting to this board, I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

Lilly, I hope your DH’s aunt is doing better; I have put her in my prayers as well.

Brenda, maybe beef jerky and hot decaf green tea would work for your hunting trip?

Today is my fifth day with out carbs. I am out of my house at 10am and do not return until 1 am, so cooking is not an option for me. I have been eating egg salad, and tuna salad that I made in the beginning of the week. I also throw deli turkey and cheddar cheese cubes in my lunch box. I also bring a salad and SF Jello. I keep beef jerky at my desk incase I get hungry. I am getting worried about Thursday, I know I am going to want the full meal which has more carbs then I should eat in a week. I will try to be strong though, and keep my head up!
Hollyxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #42  
lilybelle

Thanks so much everyone. She is doing pretty well today but has poor circulatiion in the right arm. They can't find a pulse in it and it is cold and blue. She is still on 100% oxygen.

carol, No she isn't the Aunt that has lost weight. This Aunt has always been fairly small.

Brenda, I'm jealous you get to go hunting before me. We're going next weekend. I hope you get a deer. I usually just eat a big breakfast and wait til I get home to eat again. But, having some snacks with me would be nice. I might do this next weekend. WTG on the awesome 5 lb. loss. That is fantastic.

Candy it's good to have you back with us..

Holly, it look like you are off to a great start. WTG. I'm glad you joined us here at Atkins chat.

I need to go grocery shopping today. I know that the stores will be very busy. I'm out of my LC staples, so off I go.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #43  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I am eating on program, but my exercise is very much lacking. Tom is absolutely kicking my stomach into mush, and I am not in a good mood. I still stepped on the scale and I haven't budged from 176. I am going to keep eating on program, and pray that I lose after TOMs gone. I finally ate mock mashed potatoes. I made them from one of those microwave steam bags of garlic cauliflower. I put a pat of butter and a dash of cream and blended it. I am totally amazed at how delicious they were. I mean I could barely tell the difference between it and garlic herb box potatoes.

Lily - sorry to hear about your DH's aunt. I will light a candle for her. Between her, your son, your chores and your weight loss you have alot on your plate. Don't forget to take some time for yourself.

BB - I always have a problem throwing out leftwovers. I just don't want to waste food even if it is food that I know I shouldn't have. For example, sitting in the frig right now is the leftover cake from hub's bday monday. Tomorrow I have to go buy another cake for mom's bday. I still want to try to get someone in the house to eat it.

Holly - are you on induction?

Brenda - Congratulations on the 5 pound loss.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:04 AM   #44  
lilybelle

Ms. Chris, I've never tried the mock mashed potatoes. I will try them next time I get groceries.
I did more Christmas shopping tonite. DD and I went out to eat. I had a few bites of peach cobbler. I am now sick at my stomach. I really feel lousy. It may be the sugar that made me sick. I am on glucophage and shouldn't have eaten that.. I took some tylenol for a headache too.
My DH is working 16 hrs. tonite, so I'm up late doing laundry.
I haven't weighed since last Saturday, but my jeans are very loose. I didn't exercise tonite due to feeling sick. I did shop for several hrs. and cleaned my living room, kitchen, master bedroom , master bath and laundry room earlier today.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #45  
Going to ONEderland

Hi Guys. I took lunch off yesterday. Boss took us to lunch to a Chinese buffet and so it wound up being the first day since restarting Atkins that I had some off limit foods. I didn't do too badly. I started with fish, (no breading so that was good) took some meat without bread went for some veggy dishes. Did have some breaded chicken in some sort of sauce. Took an eggroll and a pot sticker. Had some hot and sour soup.

Then after all that went back and had desert. Some fruit mostly, only small portions, one slice of banana with sweet and sour sauce on it, a small sliver of cheesecake and one or two cookies. (no crust on the cheesecake but definitely some sugar in it). Since I've been without sugar for so long I had to be careful how many carbs I allowed in, I will get physically sick from a sudden change.

I probably blew ketosis, but I told myself I was going back on plan next meal. My son threw an ice cream sandwich at me last night, I took one bite of it and gave it back. Also we ate some popcorn while watching a movie.

Ok confession is over with. I'm going to be back on plan today. My scale is up, but has been a bit lately. 253 this morning. Going to have to tighten up on my low carb eating.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote