Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #31  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Now, my MIL calls and says that she has unexpected visitors and that she isn't coming. Go figure. This place is spotless. I even went outside in the cold and cleaned the windows today. GRRRR.

Wanted to let you all know that I was contacted by Quick and Simple Magazine to tell them my Wt. Loss Story. They had read about it online. I think that is pretty neat. They will do pictures. I hope it's on the up and up, but I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #32  
beachbum

Hi I'm back again from the nursing home. It was for the day care part of the center. The patients really enjoyed the sing along with us.Its good feeling to see all their smiles & laughter,when we started our program.Have to go a condo owner meeting tonight. Leos not going and I don't want to go either. They have the stupidest officers from[pres down to treasurer]running the condo,and its really a mess. Its a wasted meeting were nothing gets done.

Lily-Don't stress over your M-I-L judgment on your house cleaning. I just had the opposite from you.I never that that problem as my M-I-L as she didn't have a immaculate house either. MY mom on the other hand you could eat off the floors. I was nervous when she came over.

Have a nice evening

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thats way cool Lily!! Keep us posted!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #34  
lilybelle

I got some advice from Meg on the Maintainers Board. One of the moderators here had a magazine contact her for her Wt. loss story. She mentioned that she ate "breakfast cookies". Her name was plastered on a magazine, saying "I lost XX amt. of lbs. while eating cookies and you can too". She had signed a beforehand agreement that they could use her story however they wanted and she didn't see the story before it was published. So, I need to be very cautious. I would have been furious if this had happened to me. She had no recourse.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #35  
Baby Steps

I've decided to wait until Monday to restart. Too much other stuff going on. So Monday I'll start induction. I'm also going to quit drinking soda and cutting out most of my caffeine. Going to do a few other things--but won't mention them here (medical stuff). So I'm going to need all the help I can get!! But I know this is the best place for support!! See you on Monday ladies!! Have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #36  
beachbum

LILY Thats fantastic That you were chosen for the Magazine. We're l proud of your accomplishments with your weight loss. Big Congrats.Yes you have to be cautious, now a days. Just stick to what Meg told you. Weight loss and nothing private.

Have a great weekend Hugs BB
Old 11-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #37  
Maria

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! This is my first post here and I hope to make some friends and be a friend. I started low carb yesterday and this time I'm counting my carbs with FitDay. I love that site and I know it will be very helpful to me. I woke up this morning to a 2 pound loss and am very motivated to keep going. It's funny how our habits are so much a part of us because I keep finding myself reaching for something or thinking about having something, then I remember I am changing my lifestyle. I went out to dinner with friends last night and did great!!
riacoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #38  
beachbum

Hi Riacoul

Welcome to the board,low carbing is new to me also. I have been here since Aug and lost 8 lbs,but I'm a very SLOW loser,caused by being a very sensitive carber. The doctor told me this after a long discussion with him. I use the fitday web site also. I find it very helpful,to see where I'm at with the nutrition stand point.

You'll like it here everyone very friendly and supportive.

Hugs BB
Old 11-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #39  
Maria

Hi beach bum, and thanks for the reply. Wht do you mean by "sensitive carber"? I've never head of that before.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #40  
lilybelle

Welcome, Riacoul, Glad you could join us.

Just wanted to stop in and say HI to everyone. I'm on the way to cook our breakfast now. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

welcome raicoul! Love that picture!
Lillybelle, YOu hve such a wonderful story to tell. I hope it works out well! Then when I show people the article I could say "I worked out with her!" lol!!
HI RObin
HI beach bum
Brenda - it's you and me girl! I'm starting over again too! I started yesterday actually but I am finding it very hard to get back on track though. My family is just staying clear of me !
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

I just had to redo my ticker which totally sucked! but I figure I may as well face it. I gained 3 lbs!! my final 10 has now become my final 15 (again)
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #43  
lilybelle

I am up 2 lbs. today, from Monday. Hmm, maybe it was DH's birthday cake that did me in. Oh well, all the more reason to get my butt in gear and exercise. I have simply got to quit cheating with the holidays coming, or I'm in big trouble.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im restarting again Monday too. Induction w/BFL workouts. Going to join the new years challenge too. I need to smarten up!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #45  
Maria

Thanks lilybelle. Cheating is a huge problem for me. But when I'm counting, actually counting my carbs, I seem to be better about it. I don't want to waste them on cheating!

Going to bed now... see you all tomorrow.