Old 10-30-2006, 08:19 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Oct 30~Nov 5/06

Good Morning

coffee is on...........I'll be back in abit to get caught up.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Well girls, DH made it his first week on atkins and lost........get this crap.... 7 lbs... what the heck??????? LOLOL MEN !!!!!! He only has about another 10 lbs to lose so thats alot for some one at his weight. He loves it.

Hope that helps you all on staying op.... I know its making me jealous

Have a happy day !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I'm back after a weekend of eating terrible. I haven't weighed and will wait til Wednesday to weigh. I did get a lot of exercise and hope it helped some. The extra company and cooking for a crowd got to me and I ate a lot of things that I shouldn't have. Every one has left now and I am back on program this morning. My clothes still fit well and this much is good. I think I'll drink up a lot of water and try to flush some of the junk from my system. It wasn't really junk food. But Saturday evening was home-made beef stroganoff and yesterday was beef stew. So I had a lot of carbs.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Can't believe my ticker is moving upward. I don't understand why,as I have been really trying to follow the Atkins diet,by at 5 carbs per week. The only thing I've been lacking is dairy[no milk or not enough yogurt]I haven't tried fruit either.I heard some where that you have to drink milk,Atkins say cream. I haven't had bread or its products in ages, only the L/C ones like Dreamfield [5 net carb]pasta,Pepperidge Farm[5 net carb]bread.All the others are from the low carb recipe web sites.For instance,I made a cheesy scalloped potatoes made with [turnips]or home fries from [yellow squash].I even made the famous Revolution Rolls. Do you have to weigh & measure on the Atkins Plan like they do at WW??????????

Sorry for Whining!! Its getting very frustrating. I'm going to W-I on Wed also.

Robin-Thanks for getting us started this week.

Leenie-Wow Thats great!! wish it was me.Men always lose faster than woman,They say they have more muscles then we do.

Lily-Your exercising has been fantastic,I should exercise more.I slacking in that dept.So maybe that my problem instead of the food I mentioned above.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #5  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

BB -
How many carbs/day are you up to? Maybe you have gone over your ccl?

I have added flaxsseed muffins, and now baby corn, but I am still in ketosis per the ketostix, but my scale is just not moving. It is at 176 as of this am. I am really wanting to make my goal in these 8 months. I am at 30 net carbs/ day and am scared to add the next 5 so I may just hold here for a little while.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Well, I decided to go ahead and weigh to survey the damage from my high carb weekend. I had maintained the same 140 that I have been at for several weeks. I guess adding in the exercise has really helped , while my eating wasn't very good. (I weighed after my breakfast of eggs, bacon and 2 cups of coffee). I guess it is true about what they say, not to kill both birds. If you eat poorly, at least don't skip the exercise too.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ms Chris-My carbs. vary from day to day,from as low as 15 - 30. I try not to go higher,except when at a party or eating out,which is rare for me.
Thats why I so concerned.Maybe I should go back to the induction again.

Lily-Theres a great possibility that I'm not exercising enough. Have to start,and keep it going.Happy you maintained this week.

Thanks for your advice ladies

Hugs BB
Old 10-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #8  
lilybelle

BB, I think the reason your wt. loss is slowing is because you are so close to your normal wt. Those last 10 lbs. are hard and long to take off. But, trust me, they do come off just not as fast as we would like.

Hop on the exercise thread with me.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 AM   #9  

Lily, I put this in last weeks and see now why I need it here. How much did you MIL and aunt have to lose when they started?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Happy Halloween, ladies!
I'm in the middle of an unbelievably busy week, but I'm staying on track with my eating. I still need to start exercising. I'm still stalling after my initial 10 pound loss last week.
Hope everyone is having a great week!
Kat
nursekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies and HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Well this morning I had to get our food shopping done before DH goes to the Doctor for his annual check up.That why I so late in posting.

I'm down on the scale: this morning, so I will continue with low carbing but I going to start adding milk & milk products[yogurts pudding etc] to my diet.I'm afraid if I don't have them I might be heading for trouble with Osteoporosis.Going to have my doctor give me a bone density test,to make sure I don't have the starting of this crippling disease.

Looked over my past menus and I found lot of mistakes eating wise. The pepperoni will have to go,along with other fatty foods that I have been taking,while looking and doing great with my carbs intake, I forgot that fat has high calories.

Ms Chris & Lily-Thanks for your help,not going to let the scale dominate my life. I'm on the exercising thread Lily I have one post for the whole month on the top of the thread. I power walked this morning and boy that was a workout.This afternoon I will get on my bike.e-bike

Have a great day and don't get tempted by eating all the trick and treats candy that you have for the kids.

Hugs BB
Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #12  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, Happy Halloween.

Carol, my MIL had 32 lbs. to lose, my Aunt weighed 227 to start with and is 5' tall, not sure how much she would like to lose. They are both doing great with Atkins and really enjoy eating this way. They are both in their 60's.

BB, glad to see you are exercising too. I am happy to be able to exercise again. My foot is healing well. I still wear the brace, but am walking a whole mile at at time , slowly. I do eat yogurt and cheese and cottage cheese, but I haven't drank any milk in over a yr. I take a daily Calcium supplement. I have never had a bone density study. (OMG, I didn't think there was a test that I haven't had done, LOL).

Nursekat, Hi, glad to see you posting.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #13  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Ok so Trick or treating with the boys was a challenge. I expected that I would eat a few sweets so I ate eggs and sausage for breakfast no cheese, and a sweetener free coffee for lunch and at pork steak,baked chicken,blue cheese salad and cauliflower and cabbage for dinner. I wanted to be full when I tricked and treated with the boys. I still ate a little candy, but compared to previous years I did excellent. (1 mini pack of M & Ms, a caramel square and an airhead.)

I have all the ingredients for low carb hot chocolate and sugar free davinci caramel vanilla coffee to stave off eating sweets for the next couple of days while I go back on induction. I even kicked in 2 extra miles of walking before I go to sleep tonight. I have been holding at 176 for the last few days. I hope this doesn't kick me up too far.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Cool

HI ALL! Had lost another pound (in spite of only vaguely sticking to WOE). Was another bad weekend at work - However, got in some exercise - was actually jogging at work to keep up with the pace of the workload (when will the nursing shortage let UP!!!) Anyway, Halloween also nailed me. Slept through the day (my norm as a night nurse) and cut my sleep short so I could greet trick or treeters. Had my husband bring home take out - he's also low carbing - but I told him I didn't care what he came home with as long as it was food - so we had spaghetti, pizza, breadsticks and salad. HA, salad - I guess it was a token salad. haha. Then, I ate 3 pieces halloween candy - not too bad - I could eat the bowl. BAck on program today. Must suck it up.

Beach Bum, I don't want to be critical, but it sounds like you may be feeling wishy washy. Shouldn't eat carbs, nonono, shouldn't eat fat, nonono, shouldn't eat carbs. Maybe you should reinforce your committments and review your plans. Also, as far as calcium, there's loads in low carb veggies! Eat the bones in canned salmon! Take a supplement! Eat cheese! I can get very low carb cottage cheese. I believe low carb done right is more vitamin rich than high carb done any way. The basis of Atkins is meats and low carb veggies plus cheeses. Low carb versions of starchy foods should be still considered only in moderation (I limit these very strictly). Maybe, and I hate to say this, cause I believe in Atkins style low carb, buy maybe if you aren't feeling this is right for you, maybe you should look at South Beach of another diet that utilizes low glycemic index carbs. I know on Atkins you are encouraged to avoid nitrates (which your pepperoni probably does have), but that is based on cancer risk more than fat I think.

Lilly - wow, stroganoff. Now I have to make my low carb version just to cope with reading your post. Congrats on the weight holding though. That's always a relief.

Ms. Chris - stick to it - better than last year is still better!!! Congrats, and keep practicing will power! You did great. We're not perfect, just improving.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #15  
lilybelle

My DD and her friend decided last night that they wanted to trick or treat. We live in a small town and many of the older kids trick or treat. So, I took them. It was fun. I did cheat and have 1 small PB cup. I was happy that I stopped at just one. Normally, I would have eaten all her Tootsie Rolls, but not this time. Yeah! My DH stayed home and passed out all our candy, I'm glad it's gone. I saw one truck that was pulling a big flatbed trailer with about 15 kids on it. They made it a hayride and trick or treating at the same time. It looked like a lot of fun. (Of course, this is in the country here, wouldn't ever try that in a busy city).
I am back totally on program today and plan to stay this way through the next Holidays. I'm off now to cook my bacon and eggs.