Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Oct 16-22/06

Good Morning

Im back op this morning It is very much needed!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

This morning was W-I and I remained the same.We have a brisk cold today ahead of us,but Leo & will try to walk along the beach.

ROBIN-Thanks for starting us up this morning. Happy to hear that your back OPHow the snow removal coming???????????Gee !! You guys were really hit.Hope I don't see any of the white stuff until next year,or amybe a dusting for the Christmas/New Year Holiday.

Have to go have a heavy schedule today

Will post later Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

the snow is pretty much all gone, its the tree clean up and power restore thats going to take forever.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I slept in late today. I was trying to wait a full week to weigh, which would have been tomorrow. I couldn't make it and weighed this morning. I had maintained the same weight, 140 lbs. I was very happy with this. I'll now try to wait til next Monday to weigh. Those daily fluctuations were really getting me down.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #5  
lilybelle

BB, I think you are the one that mentioned going to Hawaii. I said my SIL is going next week. I was wrong. She left Sunday morning. Had just gotten to the airport there when the earthquake hit. Couldn't get off the plane for several hours. They are stuck there for now, can't get a flight home right now. We spoke to her today and they are doing fine, but thinking this has turned out to be a lousy vacation.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #6  

So sorry about your SIL's trip.

How are you feeling today? The pain better?

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #7  
lilybelle

Thanks, I am feeling better today. Not in much pain today.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:07 PM   #8  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Well today was my first day back Op. So far so good. I even made it to the gym and i drank water all day. I am back up to 228, but i am not going to change my ticker cause i know i will lose it in the next couple of days. So i was thinking and i dont think that i am drinking enough water. How do i figure out how much i should drink.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:39 PM   #9  
lilybelle

Sandra, I can't remember how they figure how much water we should drink. I do know that at 160 lbs. that I was supposed to drink 80 oz. a day. I don't drink that much. I probably get about 60 oz. of water daily. Plus, I drink a lot of coffee and crystal light. Maybe someone else will remember the formula to calculate the water for you. I wouldn't worry about changing the ticker yet , I fluctuate by a couple lbs. and leave mine the same. If I go weeks and can't get it to go back down, then I change mine. Otherwise, I'd be changing mine every day.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I am proud of myself this am. I weighed in and had lost about 3 more lbs. I have exercised (upper body light weight machine work) every other day this last week. I have held off on lower body due to left knee injury. Should be resuming aerobic this week (heck, TODAY is it I guess). I do my stair machine for a few minutes - low intensity at it. I have a lot of trouble walking - heel spurs are bad and I work as a nurse so I walk them to death at work already. Anyway, have eaten 40 or fewer net carbs per day this last week and felt like a queen at that many and still losing weight so my stick-to-it-ness is in good shape.

I think I have heard you should drink half your wt in ounces of water - if you way 200 that would be 100 oz - I can't do that much - I'm a water hater to begin with.

Everyone stick to your plans - one more week is one more week's results!!!
Kel
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going out with my friend for lunch. I going to find something on the menu that doesn't have any carbs.

HAVE TO THINK ABOUT PORTION CONTROL.ALSO THINKING ABOUT EXCERCISING MORE NOW THAT THE WINTERS COMING WALKING OUTSIDE IS GOING TO BE ROUGH.With the snow & ice weather.

LILY-Sorry about Your SIL vacation,we're watching closely as our cruise is taking off the Sunday after Thanksgiving.So far they didn't have anything about cancellation on their web site.

Ilovemike-I'm not changing my ticker either as I was off program over the weekend and I'm up also.With the water intake I away heard 1/2 your weight so if your 228-114 oz. [two 32 oz tumbler of water plus 2 mugs plain tea or 2-8 0z crystal lite] would do it.

Hugs BB
Old 10-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Good morning everyone. I am feeling sick. Yesterday when I took a nap, I aspirated a little. Now my throat is terribly sore and swollen and I feel horrible. I'll be at my doctor tomorrow if I don't get to feeling better. I am very prone to pneumnoia. I am feverish now and have chills also. Wheezing a little. My stomach hurts and I don't feel like eating. Hope to feel better tomorrow, I hate going to doctors.

Kel, WTG on the exercise and wt. loss, great job.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #13  

Sure hope you get better, Lily. Last winter I had a terrible bout of illness for a month.........fever, sore throat, weakness. I would get up take a shower, go back to bed, eat, go back to bed, do a few chores, go back to bed. It was awful. Finally went to my gp and he said if I didn't get better in 2 weeks I'd have to go back to Mayo. That's all I needed to get better! I am thanking the Lord I have not had it since.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Carol, that is what I am doing. I feel like every time I get up for a couple hrs. that I need to go back to bed. Even mega-coffee isn't keeping me awake. It wore me out a minute ago just to start a load of laundry.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #15  
beachbum

OH!! LILY-Sorry You're not feeling well. I didn't realize you were ill until now. Take care an get plenty of rest,you must of caught something somewhere. Germs are all over.My DH and I use perill hand sanitizer when we go shopping and touch the shopping carts,the minute we get back in the car we use the Perill. Hope you don't get pneumnoia,especially if your prone to get it.Get well soon

Hugs BB