Old 10-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #31  
Baby Steps

Sandra: Thanks for the brown sugar tips. sounds like it would smell good

Lily: That's one thing I miss as well when it gets cold--chili and stews.

Robin: I've never seen a snow storm with Thunder and lightning. Sounds scary! We're getting a few flakes here---and COLD!!

BB: Hope the appointment goes well! And I was told if it wasn't water it didn't count for your daily intake. So not sure what to believe!!! I would think anything made with water would be counted--but that's me

Ms Chris: You're absolutely right. I should really set up a schedule. Then maybe I'd get everything done instead of saying "oh, that can wait." I did set up a calendar with things the girls are supposed to do. lol. I should break it down even further into things for ME to do. Hourly/daily. Thanks for the idea. And I'll definitely have to write exercise in!!

I did well last night. We have 3 bags of sixlets here (DH's fav--and the only time I can find them is during October--so buy as much as possible at a time. I figured 3 would be enough. lol) and I've managed to dodge them the past couple days. Again, didn't get the water in--but that's ok. I figure I'm never going to reach perfection so I'll just continue to work at it I'm happy with that so far. And I don't feel like I can accomplish too much with my system being as screwed up as it is right now. I feel bloated and crampy and TOM isn't supposed to come until next week. But I've felt this way for almost this whole month (and yes, the doc knows about it). So I'm just trying to maintain until that gets straightened out. Then I'll try and readjust my thinking and lose more weight
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #32  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Well, they've got a driving ban here, trees are down, and we are one of the very lucky ones to still have power. Over 300,000 are without power here.

Power lines are down, and there is well over a foot of snow out there right now. Dh and I are heading out in a few minutes to get some of the branches off our power and phone lines, and pick up the poor tree in the front yard. I'll take pictures and post them on my blog later today.

A foot of snow isnt bad in itself, but with the rain before, and all the leaves still on the trees, its all just too heavy.

Its just amazing......Ive lived in northern ontario most of my life, and Ive seen ice storms, 3-7 foot snow dumps and drifting that literally blocks you into your house, but nothing like what Ive seen here in Buffalo today.

We've even made the front page of cnn.com

Well, Im off to get my exercise, heavy shoveling in the middle of october

I'll check back later.

Oh, Brenda....even scarier, is when what you thought was lightening, isnt....its a bright blue then orange light(power lines coming down) Very scary!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #33  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, thanks for the links. I'll try some of these.

It is cold here. 32 degrees this morning. I have the heater on. I'm waiting on my coffee to finish brewing. Hope everyone is staying warm.

Robin, glad to see you still have power. A couple yrs' ago we had a big ice storm and were without power for 2 weeks. We were one of the lucky ones that at least had a fireplace and a well to get water from. We had to use our small generator that was for our camper to keep the freezer and refrigerator on. We had several of my DH's cop friends come here to eat and get warm. It gave me a taste of what it must have been like before electricity and running water. Thankfully my stove is gas and it was still usable during this time.

Last edited by lilybelle; 10-13-2006 at 11:15 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #34  
Lovin' Life

photos are up ...in my blog if you want to go have a look.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:25 PM   #35  
lilybelle

Wow, that's a lot of snow. Thanks for sharing the pic's, Robin.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

[HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH,TO ALL OF YOU]

Sorry I wasn't around this morning,Leo & I had to go out to the cancer center for an early appointment. Doctor checked Leo out,and he're doing A OK and the trip to Hawaii is now.
After that we went to BJ's to get our bulk shopping done on favorite items.

BRENDA-Thanks for the well wishes.I think your right I'm going to have my crystal lite anyway.Some times I divided my lemonade flavored beverage with 1/2 beverage and 1/2 water with ice.

LILY-Going to use as many l/c recipe web site I can.Had Antipasta salad recipe from the Atkins Book for lunch. It was delish.Happy I bought the Atkins book for life. Its has many ideas,and info that I can use.

ROBIN-Thanks for sharing the photos. Oh me!!! oh my!!! what a mess the Snow made at your neckmof the woods. Gee!! I don't envy you. We get snow but not as bad you do. Take care and cuddle up with a nice l/c soup.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! It's 10:30 at night here. Just finished my treadmill for the day. Haven't gotten on the scale in about 2 weeks! I'm going to see how long I can go. I don't really feel any different and I have incorporated some toning exercises now so who knows, I may end up gaining a few lbs. (muscle)
Robin - Can't believe that snow! I could surely do without that! FLorida is looking better and better to me! Here in Delaware we don't get too much snow but the cold is bad enough for me!

Lillybelle, Glad to see your gettingback on the treadmill. Isn't it something how quick you lose everything you put into it when you stop doing it?

shout out to Sandra, MsChris, Brenda and beachbum! Hope everyone is doing well!
I have to get my butt on here everyday again. I miss the support!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #38  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, me and my DH went and played bingo tonite. He won $100.00 and was so excited. He had never won before. His company picnic is tomorrow and I'll need to be choose carefully what I eat. It is always a lot of fun with many games for the kids and prizes. Kicks off at 8AM with a golf tournament that I won't be able to play this yr. but he'll play. I'm letting my DD bring a friend along with us. It should be a fun day.
Well, gotta get on the treadmill, so see everyone tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #39  
beachbum

Good Morning Saturday Morning

Nothing new on my end,weight is going up[153.5] for some reason,I can't put my finger on it. Leo is telling me that the old body is tired & doesn't want to lose anymore. My doctor say no,I can make it 140,I just have to stop eating carbs.

Going an a strict Induction again for a few days and see what happens. I think I know what my problem is I'm eating alot of dreamfield [5 net carbs] pasta lately.Don't know if i need that comfort food now that the weather is getting colder.

Maggie-Glad to see you back,that a great possiblity as muscle weighs more than fat.I think I have to up my exercsing up little more as one can see in the exercising thread I only going for 20 mins this last week. and I w-i and wonder why my #'s are go up.

LILY-Congrats on winning at bingo.I once won a basket of cheer,and since we don't drink I gave away the bottles for gifts.Have a great time at the picnic,I'm sure you'll be ok with the eating,you're more experienced in that field than I am.

ROBIN_stay warm & toasty in this surprise snow storm.

Hugs BB
Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #40  
Lovin' Life

Well things are still upside down around here. My eating isnt too bad, but not op. I'll get back to it in a few days.

We have been very lucky!! We have power, heat, and water. So many places around us dont! They have shelters for folks to go to, to get warm, and eat. Its just been amazing what is happening here. What amazes me the most is the ppl that have pitched in to help each other.

Yesterday, our neighbour ...who just had open heart surgery last april, and about 2 weeks ago had her thyroid taken out due to cancer was out pulling branches off her car!! I couldnt get outside fast enough to give her **** for doing that. But she got an earful from dh and when we caught up with her! She wanted to see if there any damage done to her car! So we helped her...but any shovelling, pretty much everyone on the street has left it. Its just too heavy. Our back door was blocked with snow, but there was no way we were going to shovel it. Because if anything happened to my dh or me, the emergency crews could not have gotten down most of the streets to get to us.

Well, Im off to shower (they lifted the water usage restriction for us) and get busy.

Have a great day ladies.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #41  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, just a quick post before the picnic. Hope you all have a great day. I have made it 4 days in a row with my treadmill, yeah!. I found out the food today is being catered from a barbeque place. I'll get mine without any BBQ sauce and stick to meat and salad.
DH has already left to play in the golf tournament. My son had Army Drill so he doesn't get to go with us this yr. He is a golf fanatic.
BB, I hit points where I thought my body was absolutely refusing to go any lower in Wt. But, it all eventually worked out. Just keep doing what you're doing. I specifically remember that at 157 lbs. that I started to just try maintenance because I was literallly stuck. Hang in there.
Robin, I don't envy you right now with all that snow. I always think the snow is beautiful now that I don't have to leave the house unless I want. But, it sure was different when I had to get out in it and go to work.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!
Lillybelle- congrats to your DH! I've never won anything myself either, I guess I'm just waiting for the big one !
BB - Thanks . I'm about at the same place that you are still. I'm almost to the point where I think I HAVE to buy a new scale! it just MUST be the scale! It's just not moving anymore! Well, sounds good anyway!
Robin - Hope things are warming up for you a bit up there!
Went to the outlets today to do some shopping. I'm pretty happy with just being able to shop in a regular store for both my tops and bottoms! That in itself is a huge accomplishment! I even need to get a new winter coat this year because it is huge on me!! yipee! It's going to be the first year in a long time that I'm not going to feel like an overstuffed polar bear in a winter coat!
I must keep reminding myself of all these good things to keep myself going because I'm so not done yet!
Have a good Sunday everyone!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 AM   #43  
lilybelle

Me and my DD will also shop next week for a winter coat. I haven't bought a new one in quite sometime. Before it seemed that I was always so hot that all I ever needed was a sweater, sweatshirt or light jacket. But, now I'm freezing. I used to freeze the rest of my family by keeping thermostat on 65 degrees. Now, that is way too cold for me.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #44  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Its getting cold up here,I have to start taking my winter clothes out of the basement storage boxes soon. Hope they will fix me as I gained alot before starting Atkins.My summer clothes are getting losser so many theres a chance that they will fix me,as I lost inches more so then weight.

Up this morning but I had a spinach pie,where the crusts were made from muenster cheese{SODIUM} that my problem I a salt freak. The Spinach Pie was delish..........I found it on a low carb recipe board. Doctor told me that when on a low carb diet your body craves salt.So now I have to go to the old watering hole and drink more H2O to get rid of the water retention.Will I ever learn.

Have to get ready for church will post this afternoon

Hugs BB
Old 10-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #45  
lilybelle

Hi all, it's cold and rainy here. Me and DD are going to go grocery shopping and maybe look for a winter coat. I have made a list of the foods we need, otherwise I always forget stuff. My carbs have been up a little the last few days and I am now trying to cut back a little. I haven't weighed since last Tuesday, but clothes fit fine. I am getting some exercise on Treadmill and this should help some.

I almost forgot, my DH won a $50.00 gift certificate in the company picnic drawing yesterday. We won a $100.00 gift certificate for the couples "twist" dance contest. Yep, I shook the old booty in front of everyone. LOL.

I thought since we were on a roll with winning money, that we might have a chance with our lottery ticket, but only won $3.00 there. Oh well, maybe next time.