Old 10-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat.....October 23-29th

Well, the weekend wasn't good. Told DH I don't know why I do this as I know that I'll end up with the carb-withdrawal headache again. UGH! I did step on the scale last Friday and it was pretty ok. Didn't go up (yet) but didn't go down (yet) either. lol. I've got to start getting my head straight as my sisters, 1 niece and I are going in March to get our bellybuttons' pierced. I'd like it a flatter than what it is. So I've got to get going. Maybe now that I've got a set plan on that I'll work harder.
Hope you all had a great weekend
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

oooooo a belly button ring, Cool!!

All is good here, restarting again this morning.

I start my 2 day workshop tomorrow that I won at the trade show. Im excited about it!!

Other than that, nothing much new in my little corner of the world.

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone. I am starting to feel better. My eating has been on program and the scale is still being kind to me. I plan to start walking again tomorrow if I'm able. Hope everyone has a great day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi, I'm just glad to be here. I'm still on cloud 9 from the 10 pound weight loss I discovered this morning!!! I know it'll slow way down real soon, but it's great motivation. If I lose 2 pounds a week from now on, I'll be very happy.
So far I'm not counting carbs, just eating what is allowed on Atkins induction. I figure when I quit losing, I'll start counting, and also motivate myself to exercise.
Just a little about me: I live in the midwest, which is very cold right now! I am a RN, working as a house supervisor in a psych facility for children & adolescents, and have a wonderful husband and 2 daughters, + a teen stepdaughter. OH, and many animals! So I'm busy.
nursekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #5  
lilybelle

Hi Kat, glad you joined us. Congrat's on the 10 lb. loss. Great job. When I started Atkins, I think I lost about 8 lbs. the first week and 6 the second week. Then, lost 2 lbs. a week for quite a long time. The wt. really did come off quickly. I had a couple 3-4 week stalls along the way, but mostly it was when I got pretty close to my goal. I reached my goal about 3 1/2 months ago and am maintaining pretty well (have lost a few more lbs.). I plan to continue this way of eating for life, because it works and I don't feel starved. I am glad that you are liking this way of eating and having great success with it.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/253.5/140

Well, I joined the site a few weeks ago and I was trying the eat large meals in the morning and smaller ones at night. However, I know that I am carb intolerant and well the 4 lbs I lost, well I found all but one. So after going to the doctor this morning and discussing low-carb eating with her, I am back to what worked for me in the past. She did not kick against it, just wanted to be sure that I didn't go on some "meat" only plan.

I eat green vegetables and those that have low carb content. So I will be doing my Induction for the next two weeks. Wish me luck.
lrgnlvly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #7  
lilybelle

Irgnlvly, Welcome back. Wishing you the best of success with your wt. loss plans. My doctor is the one that encouraged me to do Low Carb. I eat meat , but I also eat a lot of salad and green veggies. I think that I definitely eat a lot healthier than I used to eat. Which was mostly junk food, and soda.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #8  

Lily, I can see you must be feeling better as you are back to really POSTING!!!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #9  

Lily, once you said you ate fruit and didn't think that hurt you loss. Did you do that from the beginning?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  

Me again. Lily, when I search your posts, only 600 come up. What do they do with the older ones?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #11  
lilybelle

Hi carol, I don't know what they do with the older posts. I have eaten fruit all along and it hasn't hurt me. Now if I eat extra bread I gain. Extra veggies no gain. Lately my biggest challenge has been Peanut Butter. I was eating it daily and it made me have strong cravings for sweets. So, I quit buying it. I can't seem to regulate myself portion-wise with it. Anytime I had it, I'd go over on my carb total for the day.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Glad your starting to feel better Lily.

Im up and at 'em this morning. My workshop starts at 9, but I have to hit the post office before I go. Plus a little bit of work in my office first....so I thought Id sneak a minute or 2 on here before I head off for the day.

Eating is better, exercise still isnt as good as it should be.

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'-8"

Irgnlvly, hang in there. You can do it! Low carb is a great way to lose weight, eat healthier, feel great and not go hungry.

Lily, glad you are feeling a little better!

Kat, I'm with you. On cloud 9 after losing 10 pounds the first week. I know that won't happen the second week or any other week for that matter. But I have set my goals pretty much based on 2 or 2 1/2 pounds per week.

I am a little aggravated right now though. I lost 10 pounds the first week, which ended Saturday. It is now Tuesday and I haven't lost another pound. I wasn't expecting a plateau this soon. I am still under 20 carbs a day. Anyone got any insight on this?

Thanks!
Angie
angiepangie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:22 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Have to type with one hand.I hurt my left hand driving home from our canaster card game,yesterday afternoon.Started this post at 9:33 and I"ll still be here intil 3. Don't make fun of me as the spelling will be horrible.Can't type anymore hand is hurting.

Will post later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #15  

How do you decide "how much" to eat on Atkins? Seems like I'm always hungry.