Old 09-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #31  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Maggie, I'm glad to see you posting again. I can wait on the kick in the butt, I am redeeming myself today. I gotta do better. I am going to start slow with the walking again. The new brace was causing some swelling in my foot tonite, so I didn't try to get on the treadmill. I will try tomorrow. My body needs some exercise, I feel like a slug.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #32  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok guys so I made it through day one of induction. My plan is to stay on induction till I hit 200lbs. I know someone had the idea before and i think it will work for me. Then once i get to 200 then i will reintroduce fruit, but slowly. I contacted my recruiter today and we had a long talk and he sort of picked me up and i dusted myself off and then he gave me a good swift kick in the a$$ (not literally of course) I think it was exactly what I needed. So I made it and I am just going to take it a day at a time. Starting Monday I am going to have to hit the gym again. I have been good about sodas and havent one in 2 days, so maybe things are starting to look up for me. I am just not going to jump the gun. I even had a salad for lunch today which is rare for me. I usually skip on veggies. So here we go! Oh and i dont think I said it, but my goal right now is 170lbs cause that is what i have to get to to be able to join the air force. I know this is the weekend and this is the hardest time for me, so I will stay strong and keep on track.

Last edited by ilovemike4alwayz; 09-29-2006 at 10:32 PM. Reason: More to add
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #33  
lilybelle

ilovemike, Congrat's on getting through day 1. Remember that first step is the hardest. WTG. It is so good to see you back with us. You have came so far and I know you can do it. 170 will be here before you know it.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:59 PM   #34  
It's my perogative!

Thanks Lilybelle! You are one of the ones that keeps me going! For sure.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #35  
It's my perogative!

Ok guys so last night I took some medicine that caused my blood sugar to drop way low and i had to have a very small glass (less than 8oz.) to pull my levels up quick. I was pretty mad about it cause i did so well yesterday, but it wasnt my fault so i am not coming down on myself for it. I picked up right where i left off and I am still OP.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #36  
lilybelle

ilovemike, I used to have problems with my blood sugar bottoming out quite often and would have drink a sugary drink or something quick. I take glucophage now and this doesn't happen to me anymore. I am glad that you got your levels back up and are still on program.
My weight gain these last few days had to be water weight. I drank lots of water yesterday and flushed my system out. Today the scale is back down 4 lbs. from the 3 lb. gain that I had. I am happy with this. I am going to try to drink a lot of water today too and stay on program with my eating. I had 16 carbs yesterday and no salt and it helped so much. I am back in my comfort zone, so I will try my best to maintain and not screw up again.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #37  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

It was quite COLD this morning but I did manage to walk along the beach. We were kept busy this morning, having a handyman come to fix our woodrot on our sliding door window frame and several other spots. Than hes going to paint the frames after there fixed. We get very bad no'easters that hit our side of our townhouse and the wood is badly weather beaten.

Tonight I cooking light just roasted turkey with veggies.Don't have an appetite,hope I'm not coming down with something. Sometime with the weather changing could cause the blahz also.

Lillybelle!- Oh Happy day, you're losing 4 lbs today maybe I'll lose the 2 I gained today by Mondays W-I. Big congrat on your 4 lbs down.

Ilovemike-Great goals,I sure you'll make it this time around.My doctor told me he stay on the induction for 3 months,theres when he lost the most weight.We'll always be here for you. I just started the Atkins diet 1 1/2 months ago,and I have found this WOE real easy. I up to 25-30 carbs and loving it. Don't crave anymore like I used to.i'm still afraid to add fruit as it made me gain in the last diet I was on. My doc told me I'm very carb senstive.So I'll stay away from fruituntil later in the diet.

Have a great evening

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #38  
lilybelle

Thanks BB, while I was still trying to lose weight , I weighed only once or twice a week. Now that I am on maintenance I weigh every day or every other day. This way, any gain can be quickly dealt with. Part of my problem is that I have slight Congestive Heart Failure and am very prone to fluid retention. If I have a big gain, it is usually water weight and comes off the next day. A slow gain of a lb. here or there is what worries me most as it isn't usually water and requires some time to get it back off. I had asked the others in maintenance about their goal weights before. My range that I chose is 5 lbs. below my goal and many of theirs is 5 lbs. above their goal. So, ultimately I'm trying to stay closer to 140 than 145. Oh well, as long as I'm below goal, I'm happy.

BB, it does look like you have adjusted great to this way of eating. Congrat's.

Last edited by lilybelle; 09-30-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #39  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I don't know how, but I am down to 176 this morning!! YAY!!! I hope it stays so low. I am not even in Ketosis, so I don't know how I lost, but I sure am glad I did. I don't know why I am not in ketosis. I am eating 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon for breakfast. I am eating chicken broth for dinner and either a taco salad or an atkins shake for lunch depending on time. Once or twice a week I am having baked chicken and broccoli. I am drinking plenty - plenty - of water. Any ideas guys?
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #40  
It's my perogative!

hey there guys. Ok so here is what is going on. Me and my husband have decided to call it quits. I have a lot on my plate right now, but I am not giving up. I am still Op and plan to stay that way. thank god this is not a ugly divorce and we are going to remain friends. Just wanted to get that off my chest. I still have my same goals in mind and nothing has really changed. So just wanted to give you guys a update. i did a lot of crying today, but had no desire to cheat or run to food. That is huge for me. Well I am gonna get some sleep. Catch up with you guys tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #41  
lilybelle

MsChris, are you using the strips to know that you aren't in ketosis? It sure seems like you would be. Either way the scale is going down, so you know that your way of eating is working. Congratulations.
iloveMike, sorry to hear of what you are going through. HUGS. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. I am happy that you are staying focused on your goal. It must be hard but you can beat this battle . Wishing you the best of success.

I have managed to drink a gallon of water daily for 2 days and can't stay out of the bathroom for more than 10 minutes. I also take diuretics which make it even worse.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #42  
It's my perogative!

ok guys so i was curious this morning so i measured my "inner tube" that wraps around above my waist and i am down 1.5 inches after 2 days. I know that i need to step up my water and i will but i was so excited and i had to share.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #43  
lilybelle

ilovemike, WTG on the inches lost, that is fantastic. It is so nice to share in your good news.
I'm off for the day of yard work at my MIL's. Catch up with everyone later this evening.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Sandra~ Im so sorry to hear about you and your husband. Kudos to you for staying focused tho.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #45  
It's my perogative!

yeah you know the timing just isnt right. i know that we will be back together again someday, but right now we just need to take some time off. we are best friends and we still love eachother, we just have to find why we fell in love in the first place. But anyways, we are going to go see our parents today and it is going to be a family day. So i will check in later. By the way, my real name is Sandra.