Old 09-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #46  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
But... I already think this is a bad idea but I am hoping it will be ok... When my 14day induction is over Im planning to have a slice of some sort of yummy offplan dessert. The only benefit of this is that I cant see myself going for months and months with no desserts and not getting fed up and just quitting the diet. I decided it is better to have an occasional dessert than to jsut give up the diet completely.
If I eat just one dessert would taht mean I have to restart induction or can I go from there to the 2nd phase??
I think it all depends on how your system reacts to sugar. If eating 1 off plan treat, and then getting right back to it is ok for you, then yes, go ahead, and move onto OWL.

BUT if you are like me and sugar sends into the bowels of hoho ****, dont do it! Make yourself a lc dessert with artificial sweeteners and very little to no flour at all.

I hope that helped you make your decision better
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #47  

Lily, somewhere on here I read someone complaining about those breakfast bars or other protein bars, saying that they slowed down their weight loss. Wish I knew where I read it but this is a big place.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #48  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I made a chart and hung on the fridge to post my water on. I have had 48 oz. so far today. That is a lot for me. Yeah. Plus, I noticed that I'm not near as hungry as before, with all this water. I have had 14 carbs today and dinner is over. I am back to 20 carbs for now. Now, to lower my coffee consumption. That will be a tough one.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

I remeber someone saying that the artificial sweeteners made her gain weight.. I dont know why that would happen but it is possible it could make your body hang on to more water which would make u seem to weigh more. I'd drink some ginger tea (without caffeine or tea leaves, just plain crushed ginger boiled in water or ginger tea bag) and since it had a mild diuretic effect u'd see if it was water weight causing the problem.
As for me..Im not sure how I will react to eating some off plan dessert.. maybe I'd just get headachy and feel crappy and that will cause me to dislike sweets more
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:21 PM   #50  
lilybelle

I have definitely been drinking the water and in the bathroom all day. I have cut back on coffee. My food was so induction level today , I did good. Now, to just keep it up. I sure think the sugar alcohols caused me to gain. I was eating 2 breakfast bars a day and thought they'd be OK. I'm going to try to drop a couple lbs. and get back in my comfort zone.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #51  
lilybelle

Have you all tried the Atkins shakes? I took one sip and poured it out. I found it completely nasty. My DH , who isn't trying to lose weight, said he thought they were "pretty good" and said he'll drink them with breakfast. More power to him on that one, LOL, I bought 2 cartons of them.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all.

Lillybelle, Don't you remember someone posting here about the breakfast bars? I think it may have been lacey or jersygirl (neither of which we have heard from ina while)
It was back when I was having that month long stall and couldn't figure out why. Ithought I was doing everything right until I mentioned those starting those bars. Everyone jumped right on me about the sugar alcohol in them. Sure enough as soon I a stopped things started moving again for me.
Also, I don't know what it is with the sweeteners, some say stay away from equal and sweet n low and just use splenda. Luckily I don't use sugar in my coffee and I have learned tostay away from crystal light (just in case!)
I haven't had much experience with them.
Well, I seem to be moving a bit again. I'm back to 151 (from 154.5) But I've been at 151 since August. Hopefully things will keep going down now, I justtightened up on a few things (an cut out the diet coke that I found myself having again! so maybe that sweetener does have something to do with it!)
I have started some firming exercises (trying tobuild up some muscle on this flab!) so I think that will slow if not reverse my weight loss for a while too!)
I think it was Robin who mentioned that since this is suppose to be a lifestyle we shouldn't be so damn dependent on the scale (not those exact words!) so I decided to not pay to much attention to it I rather build up a little muscle and gain a few pounds at this point than keep losing for the sake of the scale! And if what they say is true, the muscle will help me burn calories and fat faster so I will start losing again at some point.
Well off to my treadmill!
have a good day all!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #53  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Maggie & Everyone Else!

I know I haven't been around much lately....oh the joys of dbf being in Pittsburgh! Time has sure flown by! I can't believe the Summer is over! I'm looking forward to Fall & the cooler weather. It was a brutal Summer in NJ this year.

I'm 5 lbs from goal. Trying not to stress over it It will come off (sooner or later!) Just trying to stick with what works as far as eating goes. I've cut way back on cheese, I've found I do much better eating very little of it. I've upped the veggies, added low carb/low sugar yogurt and almonds. Getting back to my walking too. I'll be happy to be at goal by the holidays

Hope all of you are doing well.

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #54  
lilybelle

Kim, it sounds like you are doing fantastic. WTG. I did notice that too much cheese plays havoc on my weight also.
Hi everyone. A quiet Tuesday morning here. I am back down to the weight that is on my ticker now. Yeah! Definitely water-logged and in the bathroom all the time. Sticking to on-program foods only and it is working for me. Gotta go cook now, have a good day all.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Glad to hear from you Kim! I was wondering where you've been! It's super that you are only 5 pounds from goal! I'm just about at my final 10 (for the past monthnow!) It's funny how it slows down! I'm not concentrating so much on it anymore as far as the scale goes, I'm only weighing once every 2 weeks becaue sometimes it's to disappointing!

Lillybelle, Glad to hear your back on track! I guess this just goes to show us that it's a life long process!

Good morning everyone else! Don't have much time today but wanted towish you all a good day!

Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote