Old 09-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Robin in these situations I usually eat before I go. Then take only a small amt. of the food offered and leave it on the plate.
Update on my nerve study. I had PT today and saw both a neurologist and an orthopedic Dr. I was told the nerves in left leg are "dead" from the knee down. They are baffled as to why this would happen. The injury was to my ankle. Worst part is that they are going to repeat the nerve study in 6 weeks. I dread it horribly. I cried last time. They did wonder if my diabetes is affecting this, but said in that case it should have affected the right leg too. They did order a new orthopedic device for me to wear. I am to sit with my legs out straight to prevent pressure on the nerves in my knee area. I feel pretty doomed
I did use my exercise ball last night and did 60 push-ups, 60 side sit-ups and 60 leg lifts. Figured this is better than no exercise at all.
Being upset today, I totally blew it at lunch. Now, I feel even worse.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #17  

Oh, Lily, that sounds awful!!! Seems drs do so many tests. That's why it's kind of neat to not have insurance. They are more conservative then. I always tell them I don't have insurance and can't afford the things they want to do. They did talk me into a kidney biopsy once, though. Praying for you.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #18  
lilybelle

carol, thanks. They did say they could do exploratory surgery to look at the nerves after the next nerve study. Why would they do this, if they already know they can't fix it. They did say that since the nerves aren't cut that they can't fix it. Is this just because I have good insurance? It seems that way to me. I feel like a guinea pig sometimes for all these stupid medical tests. I wanted to refuse another nerve study. What good will it do? It will only tell them that yes, it's still screwed up. If I still can't move my foot, this is clear enough indication to me that it's still screwed up. I am pretty much beyone frustrated and fed-up at this point.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #19  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Lily Im so sorry all this is happening to you.
I know you must be feeling very helpless and all I can offer is my support. The orthopedic device you mentioned, what is it and what will it help you with?

Quote:
Being upset today, I totally blew it at lunch. Now, I feel even worse
I can imagine the stuff going thru your head.....but remember, you didnt get this far just to be put off by this. DO NOT give up, DO NOT let this be the excuse you can use to gain it all back. Can you imagine how miserable you would feel if this was happening along with all the other problems you had when you were overweight? Do you want to go back there?

Lily you have done an amazing job, and you are sticking to your guns about your food. You have even modified yourself a workout so you dont feel too sedatary. You're amazing!!! Remember that, and be proud of that!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #20  
Baby Steps

Kel & Carol: how's it going?

Maggie: Don't sweat the watermelon. Just consider it was healthy and still LC...and made of water Good job ducking the oreo's!!

Robin: I'd suggest eating before going over there. That way you're not hungry and (hopefully better at this than me) won't be tempted to snack on non-allowable stuff. Good luck!

Lily: Sorry to hear that you're still not getting results. I agree that the docs don't need to do the surgery if they've already admitted they can't do anything. And yup, I've heard of docs just doing things like that because you have insurance. Sometimes it's like the INSURANCE companies make the docs do procedures that aren't needed. Like a step-by-step program of things they have to do if such-and-such happens.

Well, I spent an hour at the docs office myself today. Got a complete physical. She's putting me on BC pills (for wacky hormones) and forgot the name of it--but it's for my overactive bladder. I also got a tetanus shot (right arm) and they're going to do cholesterol check and other tests from the 2 vials they took from the left arm. Good news is she didn't see anything wrong w/the legs/feet so I feel better about that, and we're doing a "watch" on the moles. So I'd say I took plenty of her time I'm OP and need to watch the water (as soon as I'm on those pills I'm hoping I can drink water w/out having to pee so much) and get some exercise in again. The scale had dropped a couple pounds and I'd like to keep it going WI is Saturday so hoping to be able to announce an improvement in weight. And I'm going to do my best to keep it going. Going on a marriage retreat at the end of the month and I KNOW there's not going to be decent food I can eat. So going to do my best to stay OP until I absolutely can't. That's the plan
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.
Well keepin at it. It's even harder now that the kids are in school! This is my first year with all of them in full time. I think I need to find something to do with myself during the day! IT's hard to think about getting a job because then I have to worry about the days they have off and when they're sick etc... so I'm not sure what to do.

Lillybelle. You are in my prayers girl! Robin said it all best! Just keep that in mind! I have Faith in you! I know you'll come through this OK!

Brenda - That's how I like to look at it! I have hardly ever been tempted to go off plan, but now with the weather getting chilly, I am used to having my coffee or tea at night with some cake or cookies. I'm having a real problem with those craving! Nothing I can think of will substitute !

Robin thanks for the website. IT has kept me busy going throughall that!

Have a good day!

Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:43 PM   #22  
lilybelle

Thanks everyone for the support. Sorry to be so depressing right now.
Brenda, good job on the weight loss.
I am going to stay at my LC way of eating and try to keep the weight off. I will do better tomorrow. Tonite was on-program. I have such a huge fear of gaining weight. I'll be back on the exercise ball tonite, maybe it is better than nothing.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #23  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Its pouring here again today....if this keeps up Im not going to be able to get into my gardens and get them cleaned up and ready for winter.

Im op and getting my exercise in. Time to lengthen my walks, I came home yesterday, and felt like I could have gone again. Ive lost another 5 lbs this week. I marked on the calendar when I weighed in, because I havent been keeping to any set day. It seems to be working for me.

Well, Im off to get some work done, have a great day ladies.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 AM   #24  
Baby Steps

Maggie- That's one reason I'm still a stay-at-home mom. The job I used to have (a year or so ago) used to be great as I could adjust my hours around the girls. They were very flexible. Now I'm finding others aren't as accomodating. Good luck if you decide to get one!!

Lily: I would think the ball would be better than nothing. And it would help keep things toned? And with you so conscious about what you're eating you'll manage to keep the weight off

Robin: WTG on the weight loss and keep up the great work! And you must have gotten the weather we had for the past couple days. Rain, Rain and mroe rain.

Well, OP yet. My right arm is smarting a bit so I'm not going to be doing much of anything today. Don't even feel like moving it. And I'm tired again. Going to increase the water (as I've not been drinking enough of it) to see if that'll help any. I got up a couple hours ago but I feel like I could take a nap. I probably will!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #25  

Brenda, I'm from WI south of LaCrosse about an hour. Just saw you were from here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

I havent been on chat for a couple of days. Hope everyone is enjoying the rainy weather..hahah... Actually I do like rainy weather as long as I dont have to leave the house.. which I havent had to. It just feels so cozy to hear teh rain outside and snuggle into my blankets in the morning. Did I mention Im a sleep addict?? I could proabably sleep all day if given the chance. Especially when it is raining. Will be harder when we go to Oregon though.. rain everyday and I will have to get up early to do my intern duties.
Anyway, I have been on plan the past few days but eating a TON of food... I guess I'm about to have my monthly visit.. cant' expalin it otherwise. After teh first three days on induction I had no more cravings or hunger but two days ago I just couldnt stop eating... and yesterday all I could think about was carb filled goodies taht I wished I could eat.
I also realised that although I thought heavy cream was ok on teh diet.. and on teh back of the package it says zero carbs.. it actally has about 0.4 carbs per serving..which is one tbsp!!! I have been using like half a cup in my coffee to substitute for no sugar!! Maybe that is why I hadnt been losing any weight...
As of now I have no clue about my weight... since the last time I posted.. my hubby hid the scale from me becasue I was weighing myself twice a day!!! and it was getting me down... he said he will let me weigh in at teh end of induction... I didnt realise I was so dependent on the scale but I realise it now becasue every few hours I go over to where the scale used to be intending to weigh myself and feel really lost without it.
But it is definitely a habit to break becasue this really shouldnt be about weightloss but about good health. Which reminds me I should start excercising more.. I've been feeling pretty lazy.. .Its the rain!!!
SO Lilybelle, What is this about your nerves?? What casued it... Since Im new Im sure you explained it before but I dont know...
My mom is diabetic and she had a loss of feeling in one leg but her doctor advised her to excercise her leg to get teh circulation going better. Maybe you can try to massage the area everyday. You can do it yourself even. but you said you had had an injury as well? I hope you feel better and they can find out what is casuing it..I do find that doctors are a bunch of jerks who dont really use their heads in figuring anything out.. it does seem to be just a formula they work with...
HAve a good and OP day everyone!!
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #27  
Lovin' Life

Brenda I hope those "p" pills (dont know what else to call them ) work for you!! Ive thought about them too. My dh is taking them, and after about a week, there was no more getting up 3-6 times a night to use the bathroom!! Keep me posted.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #28  
Lovin' Life

mealy, we must have posted at the same time.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #29  
lilybelle

Mealybug, I had a large pack of frozen ribs fall on left ankle about 7 weeks ago and have nerve damage to left leg and foot. I am going to PT several times a week and have exercises that I do at home.
I am happy to say that I feel better about things today. I have had a lot of obstacles to overcome with this weight loss and I'm not going to let this win. I'm using the exercise ball to try to keep toned and do whatever my body is capable of at the present time. I may go buy a new exercise bike today instead of getting the used one. My DH announced last night that he isn't going on his annual deep-sea fishing trip because he is staying home to test for a promotion on his job. It would be more pay and better hrs. I hope he gets it. His staying home frees up extra money this week.
I had breakfast on program and will keep it up. I weighed this Am to survey the damage and I'm still in my maintenance range. Yeah, for this. I am going to make a conscious effort to drink more water.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #30  
lilybelle

I played Texas Hold-Em Poker last night at a table with 9 men and I won. Yeah. I more than doubled my money. It was fun. Sad thing is, My DH lost half the amount of my winnings. Oh well, that was his spending money for the week. Just kidding, I'll give him more money for the week. He sux at poker. lol, After all it was his money we were playing with to start with.
I stayed on-program all day yesterday and only had 16 carbs. Yeah.