Old 09-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Question Any exercise ideas?

I have been running on my treadmill for about 40 minutes or so everyother day (about 3 miles)
It has been a great cardio/aerobic workout. However, I really need to start incorporating some kind of strength exercises to firm/tone up. I am way to flabby. I don't have any exercise equipment like that at home and I don't have any gyms around me except for Curves. Has anyone had experience with Curves that they care to share? I'm not to familiar with it but it doesn't seem liek doing a a quick 30 minute circuit will do much good. And what if I have a certain area that I'd like to work on more that another? If you have to spend the same amount of time on each piece of equipment I don't think that would work.
SO, If anyone has any advice about that, I'd appreciate it. Or if anyone does some kind of work out at home that might help tone and firm thighs, butt, arms and tummy please pass it along!
THanks
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #2  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Maybe just try basic squats, lunges, pushups, etc.?
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

if u click on the denise allen banner that is here it will give u exercices for all the areas and how to do them (pictures). This is what I have been using and losing inches.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Maggie, check out the Body for Life workouts....they are the ones I use for strength training. You can get the book at the library to see if you like it. I highly recommend it if you want to start somewhere, and you are not sure what to do.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #5  

Thanks Ladies
Shyla - believe it or not, I never really thought of the "basics" I'm one for a complete regimen and routine (via video or circuit) I suppose I could just do my own thing.
Robin and Canada - I will look into those. I know I would do better if I could follow along with something. The fact that you both are seeing results is a big plus too!
Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #6  

Canadian MOM - do you have a link you could post for me ? I haven't seen it. I think I get those things blocked.
thanks