Old 09-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #31  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

That is great mealy bug . you know I havent weighed myself in at least a month . I truthfully have no idea how much I weigh. Well i know I am at least 180-190 but yea I feel like even though its been three days on induction my self esteme is up so much , I look at my stomach in the mirror and feel good and call me crazy but I think It already began to work . I need to get a scale so i can do weigh in's too. I used to have one and it told me I weight 215 lbs, but I know I KNOW I did not weight that much and i asked everyone ...do I look like I weigh 215 lbs...it was pretty funny!

Anyone know where I can get a trusty scale like a walmart for how much?
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #32  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I probably shouldn't have the coffee, but I have been having it for about a year. I haven't noticed it hurting my weight. My blood sugars are good now. It would be hard for me to give up. I might try decaf sometime, I have never tried it.
Good luck with the ketostix, I haven't ever tried them.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #33  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

whats a ketostix?
Old 09-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #34  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

vouge, I know what you mean about the self esteem. Mine got better that soon also. Just knowing that I had gotten started and doing something to improve my health.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #35  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Its like , I see brownies and cokie dough ice cream , and I think about it , but I just cant bring myself to eat it. I used to give in lately the past month or so but now I am just like no thanks and its over wiht , its not like no thanks then I think about it and mabey sneak it later.

Thats where I am at mentaly. I am so Hakuna Matata at the moment , its so nice feeling. I am so at peace. Yes i am dieting but I just feel so good.

Now I cant say that I am being real healthy right now cause I dont feel real healthy. I eat nothing but meat , meat, eggs , and meat . I am so going veggiatirains atkins lifestyle when I am done.

I feel bad about the meat I am eating , but this is a lifestyle that works for me , in a year or two when I reach my goal weight I am going to keep up the low carb atkins lifestyle but going vegitarian.

I know that sounds hypocritical but Im serious. eating so much meat has made me not enjoy it like i used too, plus this isnt the healthiest diet right now. I am losing weight , but full of fats . But I do watch my calories and never go over 1200 daily!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

Well a ketostix is those urine analysis strips used by diabetes to see if their bodies are using carbohydrates.. but Atkins reccommended that dieters can use it in the diet to see if they are in ketosis and to what degree. It is nice to see the stick turn purple. I think it would be especially helpful when Im on the later stages of the diet and trying to find my optimum level of carb intake.. I will be able to see exactly when my body stops burning fat and goes back to just using carbs.

Also, interesting that you feel that way about going vegetarian, vouge! I feel teh same way ... yummy dancing carrotz...
Actually I initially tried to do teh induction phase as a vegetarian (with eggs as my main food) but it was pretty much impossible for me.. but definitely once I get into the lifetime maintainence stage I will be going back to veggie.. By then it will be doable just with eating whole greain foods and legumes instead of regular white bread etc...
oh..gota go.. hubby is calling me to get ready for aikido
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote