Old 12-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/163/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Intro and Protein Power?

Hi, I was overweight nearly all my life. I lost 96 pounds in 2001-2002, reaching my goal of 130 in September 2002. I lost eating low fat/low calorie. I have gained back 33 pounds in the last 1 1/2 years. I have excercised faithfully, but maybe not as hard, the whole time. I would like to lose 23 pounds and get back to 140. I am trying Protein Power this time.

In perusing the forum, it looks very helpful. I especially like the what are you eating threads!! Thanks!
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Hi Welcome. Protein Power isn't much different from Atkins. I think the difference is he has you start at 30 grams of carbs a day rather than 20 that Atkins has you start at.

I love the Protein Power book though. There is so much information in it that I found fascinating about Egypt and other cultures and what they eat and how it affected them. I love his scientific explanations for things.

Anyway welcome. As you know it is a very hard time of year for a lot of people. I wish you success.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Clancy, and welcome!!

I did protein power a few years ago, and that is what I lost my first 100lbs doing.

I lost the book and went on atkins I think you'll like it, I did!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote