Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 AM   #1  
Tiredfatchick

S/C/G: 246/246/175

Height: 5' 4"

Default Starting Atkins, um.. now.

Hi all! I've been reading all your posts and I must say you guys are very inspiring.

I started Atkins back in May and lost 25 pounds by staying on induction for 5 weeks. The fat just flew off. But...I think I stayed in induction too long and so at one point I cracked (I'm pretty sure it was at a tapas buffet) and haven't been able to get back on since. Diet Dr. Pepper is like crack to me and I've realized I need to give that up too. (so hard!) I started out this new Atkins resolve sloooooowly. I bought a 12 pack of diet rite and weaned myself off of the dreaded Diet Dr. P. and cut my caffiene intake dramatically.

I debated starting Atkins tommorow since we are going on a holiday weekend soon. But frankly - every freaking time I've vowed to start there has been an occasion to keep me from doing it. So to heck with it I'm starting as of N.O.W.

I felt like I need to fire a starting gun or something so I'm putting this post out there. I hope to chat with you all again soon!
Lottajunkinmytrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:16 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

The best advice I can give you about Atkins (or any other eating plan) is that you MUST make it a lifestyle change. Thinking of it as just a diet...something you can stop once you've lost the weight...just does not work.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

..lottajunkinmytrunk

Morning Kim.

Kim is right, This is a lifestyle change...And i love it...all i do is just remember that even if i do fall off sometimes and eat the wrong things I just jump back on.. Knowing i need to eat low carb the rest of my life to keep my weight down helps...Before i found this forum and low carb i would go on horrible diets that didn't work and what i did lose i would gain all back plus some...
Eating this way a least most of the time i can catch myself before i gain to much back..... Before, the weight would be back... before i new it...

I'm starting induction again too..TODAY!!!!....I'm like you everytime i said i was gonna do this, something would come up to keep me from it...Well no more excuses for me....Life around here (((i hope))) is finally settling down, back to normal....
So here goes back to NORMAL living and Normal EATING!!!
Now i'm off to find some exercise challenge....
...for us all
Candy
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Yup. It's a lifestyle change. But it's also a "diet". As in "what have you included in your diet" meaning your meals. Diet has many different definitions lately. MY "diet" now cannot include sugars, flours, etc.

Anyway.....good luck and come post in the weekly chat
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lotta, Atkins is a great program and will definitely take the weight off when used correctly. Good luck to you and please come here and post. it helps so much to learn what the others that are going through the same thing have to say. You are very close to my starting weight and I can sure attest to the fact that this plan took my weight off. I tried everything else first and had little success. Congratulations on making the decision to get started. I actually love the way I eat. I'm on maintenance now and still eat the same as I did. Good luck to you. Feel proud that you are now on your way to a healthier and slimmer you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:47 PM   #6  
Tiredfatchick

S/C/G: 246/246/175

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you for your replys! I do feel like I'm on a diet with induction, but it's a short one so I try to remember it's day by day. This time I'm just going to do the 2 week Induction and then move slowly into OWL.

But you are all right on - I do need to remember this first stage is a phase to get me into my permanent low carb lifestyle. I'm excited! I'll check back in a few days and let you all know how induction is going!!!

Not looking forward to stinky breath - but excited to be peeing on sticks for some strange reason!
Lottajunkinmytrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #7  
lilybelle

Lotta, good luck and have fun peeing on those sticks. I never used them, but wish I could have.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Unfortunately, those sticks aren't always accurate. There are many factors that affect them....the amount of water you drink, the amount of fat you eat etc. The scale & tape measure are the best tools.

All the best to you!!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #9  

Default Started Induction diet on three days ago

Hello!

This is my first time trying the Atkins diet and from everything that I have read in the book and on this forum this seems like a good fit for me. I have an allergy to eggs. Is there something else that I can eat for breakfast other than eggs? I have been on Atkins for four days and already I am kind of tired of the meat only. Is it okay to try to drink the shakes during the induction period and what about those bars?
godsjoy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #10  
lilybelle

Personally, I didn't use the shakes or bars until I reached maintenance, but the bars that I do have say they are appropriate for induction on the box. I have noticed others here on Atkins have said that the bars and shakes caused their weight loss to stall and I thought they did the same thing to mine. When I used them occasionally it wasn't a problem, but when I had them daily for several days , I did gain. I am tired of having eggs so often, so now I have sausage or bacon and slice of LC toast for my breakfast.