Old 07-31-2006, 10:50 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat for July 31-Aug 5

Where is evryone....I miss you all! How was the weekend? I did eat the cake I made for the anniversary party...fortunately the cake I made looked better than it tasted (it sucked) so I only had one piece!

Otherwise it was a fun, hot weekend! Today's gonna be around 105 degrees!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 156#
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:44 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

*slinks in...hanging head in shame*

Blew it again. ack!!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey girls, heads up... today's a new day.

Persistence wins the race, not perfection
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I love your avatar Brenda!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:04 PM   #5  
Under construction

Height: 5'3"

Don't hang your head; you're doing this for you, not us, so you're the only one hurt by it. *hugs*

And yes, the avatar is perfect!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. Well, after my dumb decision to shampoo the carpets yesterday, I was so sore that I couldn't even use the TV remote. Ouch. I feel better today after the ibuprofen and long hot showers. Floors are looking good now. I kept wondering how my labrador is not bald. I picked up so much dog hair that it clogged the sink, then I had to use drano to clear the pipes. All in all, it really sucked.
On another note, I got dressed pretty decently today and my 2mo old grandson just puked on me. Lol, things gotta get better.
Hope everyone has a great day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:08 PM   #7  
lilybelle

I must be the sickest and unluckiest person alive. Anyway, while digging in the freezer tonite for chicken breasts, I had a huge , long, pack of ribs fall and hit my left ankle. It has a baseball size lump and big skin tear on it. I don't think it's broke, but it sure is hurt. There goes my grand plan of exercise for the night. I am sitting with it propped up on pillows, and ice bag in place and 2 hydrocodone in my tummy. Yes, I am a klutz.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Oh, I have to share my good news. My MIL and Aunt both started Atkins last Monday. They reported to me today that they lost 6 lbs. and 7.5 lbs. They are on cloud 9. I am so proud. It was great hearing how pumped up they are about Atkins. They know this is how I lost weight and finally decided to give it a go. Yeah!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Lily~ sorry to hear about the ribs, and your ankle. Im so happy to hear about those following in your foot steps!! Good luck to them!

Dd and I are suppose to go to the beach today, but the clouds dont seem to be going away yet.

I took a big flip down the deck stairs yesterday, dd and I were horsing around throwing water and generally having fun.........til I dented my butt!!! I have some serious bruising across my upper butt Ended our fun thats for sure!

Im having a really hard time with this heat....Im a winter kinda girl! I dont know what we are going to do today if we dont hit the beach. Maybe a movie?!

Keep cool ladies........have a great day.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #10  

It's sort of nice to hear someone else is a klutz. I'm always doing stuff like that. Must be something you are born with. I usually read your postxs, Lily. Hope your health is doing ok.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #11  
lilybelle

Thanks , I am up and hobbling around this morning. My ankle is still sore and swollen, but not as much bruising as I thought there would be.
I was supposed to go to the waterpark with my step-daughter and 2 yr. old grandson today. It is fun. I can't go, now that I can barely walk. So, we're going to weight til my ankle is better.
Robin, hate to hear you had an accident too. Hope you are healed quickly.
I am ready for winter and I hope it snows, snows ,snows. I miss the snow. We used to have long , snowy winters when I was growing up. Now, we hardly ever get even a light dusting of snow. I am definitely a winter person too.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Dh and I signed up for kayak lessons today!! Im so excited....especially since he said he would go with me!! We go next wednesday morning.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #13  
lilybelle

Robin, that sounds so fun.
I just found out today that my DH is getting to switch to day shift. I am excited. We have always worked nights. I am so looking forward to us being able to grill our dinners outside together, take walks together, do yardwork together and go fishing together. We will be able to go to bed like "normal people" instead of at 3AM and sleeping half the day. It will take some adjustment, but he starts day shift this Thursday. Yeah!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #14  

Even in WI the winters aren't what they used to be. We would frequently get snowed in. The drifts on the road were 5 ft. high so you never had to worry about running off the road. I miss it, too. Winter means rest.... not so much work and activity.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:28 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Sorry I've not been here. I've not been feeling well. Started out with the carb withdrawal headache and now TOM is kicking me down. Eating is OP but water intake is pretty much non-existant. I'll try to get online more when I'm feeling like a human and not a pile of dog dung.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote