Old 08-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

Default binged something awful today

what is wrong with me? I've lost about 10 pounds then today, I've binged on nothing but carbs! I'm literally dizzy now, I think it's my blood sugar. Why, when I'm feeling so good, did I do this? I felt horrible a couple days ago, I ate some fresh tomatoes and I think that's what triggered a horrible rheumatoid arthritis flare, mostly in my jaw. I had to eat mushy foods yesterday which included a baked potato and mashed up beans. Could that have set me up for this? What are some non-chewing foods I can eat that wouldn't trigger a binge? How do I get back on track? I'm eating out the next two weeks, every meal. I can't eat expensive because of this. I need ideas please!
thank you
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I'm not familiar enough with this diet, but I'm gonna make some offers and you can see if they fit in your diet. Canned asparagus, Chicken and broth, beans (you can eat a bean or two at a time), scrambled eggs, cooked carrots, cooked broccoli bits, yogurt, applesauce, blackberries, guacamole salad, smoothies, and watermelon. Hope some of those are on your diet and hope it helps. Hope you feel better soon!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Eating out: Wendy's Chili, Smoothies, and I have no ideas where you are gonna be eating out. Out to eat is hard! In a restaurant: Guacamole salad, clear broth soups, and I don't know. Good Luck.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Idrial, sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I know that eating out is so hard, especially if you need soft food. I would eat yogurt, cottage cheese, sugar-free jello, low-carb ice cream (Braum's is great) baked fish, veggie soups with lots of broth, eggs, cheeses. Good luck and wishing you the best.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

thank you for the suggestions. I'm very angry at myself right now but I know that won't help. I am going to take a nap and see if I feel better afterwards.
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

are you going to be staying in a hotel? Will your room have a microwave and a fridge? If it does, you can bring enough food for breakfast and lunches for yourself. Protein shakes and soups will work great for you. Check out the recipe section. My fav is the cheeseburger soup its very filling!!

At restaurants? hmmmmm.....everything has to be mushy?? Breakfast, bacon and eggs, ask to have the bacon mixed in with the eggs already broken up. Or eggs with cheese. Lunches, soups and smoothies, Id suggest carrying around some protein powder with you...my fav is double chocolate fudge protein mix...only 2 carbs and 120 calories. per serving.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I've found it never helps to get angry at myself for eating junk I know I shouldn't. It just makes me more upset with myself and then I eat MORE junk. Never ending cycle. Just have to pick yourself back up and get back OP!! You're human--chances are it's going to happen. I can't help with any idea that the others haven't suggested. Just going to wish you good luck and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well I binged yesterday. I was sitting around patting myself on the back for losing 10 pounds when I had an overwhelming urge for cornflakes Yep I gave in to it, I felt lousy abiut it and went shopping so as not to think about it, came home and ate a big bowl of rice krispies.between the two an enormous amount of carbs.The good news is that was the last in each box and I do not have either in the house, now.I am back on track today, but unhappy with myself.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

There must be something in the air because I binged yesterday too! I was waiting for the bus and it was so late. And, the bus stop ( I have to find a different one)is right in front of a new chinese resturant so you see where I'm
going with this.
Well, after egg rolls,ribs and orange chicken w/ white rice I felt so tired.
I woke up feeling really thristy and my tummy is poking out now.
Well, I had my eggs and bacon for breakfast. I have salmon and salad for lunch and I plan on picking up some chicken wings for dinner with my spinach.

No guilt, just move on.
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Isn't it great that we can start over at any time.,even though at times we get the urge to eat something we know we shouldn't.?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote