Why Have I Lost Weight But No Inches? PLEASE HELP!!

• I have been following a low carb diet since February and have since lost 42 pounds. I keep hitting stalls, sometimes for weeks at a time so I thought that adding exercise to my routine would move things along faster and help get me in better shape.

I just started exercising about 1.5 weeks ago. I have been doing 10 laps in the pool, along with water aerobics about 3-4 times a week, plus I have been doing about 22 minutes on the treadmill as well.

I have seen a drop in my weight this month of about 6 pounds but when I measured my self this morning I was so disappointed because I haven't lost any inches? What the heck? It doesn't make any sence? How do you lose weight and not shrink even a little?

I am sore from head to toe, so I thought that maybe my muscles are just swollen up or something? I just don't know... Right now I just feel like crying and giving up.

Maybe I am also retaining water? I did go to the movies last night and I had a diet coke and a bag of salty pumpkin seeds (only 4 net carbs)

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or subjections... Thank you!!!

Feffyy
  • when you start exercising, your muscles will start to hold water. So even tho you've seen a decrease in weight, your inches haven't changed because you are working some muscles. Dont worry and dont get discouraged...this is all a good thing. Keep it up!!
  • I have to 2nd what Robin said. Keep up the great work and you'll see the inches dropping. If not, you're toning what you've got (making muscle)