Wanting something crunchy

• What do you have when you want something crunchy? I have crunchy peanut butter. Yeah, not all that great, but it does take away the sugar and "something crunchy" attack.
  • celery stuffed with the crunchy pb.
  • I haven't tried this, but someone here posted about nuking or baking pepperoni slices to turn them into "chips". Maybe those would be crunchy enough?

I try to stick with raw veggies of some sort myself. Sliced jicama is a fun substitute for potato chips, imo. :-)
  • Pork rinds dipped in sour cream or cream cheese mixed with salsa. For a sweeter treat, pork rinds seasoned with cinnamon & splenda...mmmmmm
  • Celery stuffed with cream cheese usually does it for me. I do, once in a while, go for a small spoon of crunchy PB too -- it usually does it for me.

I remember when you first came on board here! You look like you are doing really great on your diet butterfly_dreams! Way to go! How long did it take you to lose those 30 pounds so far?
  • Crunchy would be: celery. Cauliflower. Broccoli. Basically all veggies.
  • Buffy0, I started my diet on June 11 of this year. During my first week I lost 12 pounds which i think was mostly water weight. After that I have lost about 4 pounds every week except for last week which I lost 2 pounds.
  • I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to share a find!

Blue Diamond almonds Lime and Chilie flavor! They are soooo good, and only 2 carbs per serving. They are crunchy and delicious- and I don't normally like nuts.

Yummy!!!

[/commercial]
  • F&L, yes, those are awesome. I like to mix the "lime & chili" and the "maui onion & garlic". Spicy, sweet, and yummy.

And welcome to Atkins!
  • Don't forget dill pickles, either on their own or wrapped inside a slice of deli meat with a slice a cheese. You could also spread cream cheese on the meat/cheese, add the pickle, roll it up and slice it for hosde'orves.
  • Quote: Don't forget dill pickles, either on their own or wrapped inside a slice of deli meat with a slice a cheese. You could also spread cream cheese on the meat/cheese, add the pickle, roll it up and slice it for hosde'orves.
    LOL - I'd never heard of this combination before (meat/cream cheese/pickle) but my neice made them for Thanksgiving last year. They were...interesting. I don't know if I'd make them myself though...
  • I found extra crispy pumpkin seeds. Only 2 carbs for a good size serving! They really hit the spot when you want something crunchy and salty on plan.