Old 07-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #1  

Default Lemons/Maple Syrup/Cayenne Detox Drink?

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July.

Unfortunately I did not reach my initial goal of 30 lbs by the 4th of July...I did hit almost 15 lbs (I need to change my ticker below). So I only hit half of that goal. I'm not sad or mad though. Just moving on.

Recently, my skin has been breaking out and I've been feeling just overall yucky. I heard of this cleansing thing to try for a few days when dieting or just before starting a diet. Has anyone here tried it and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

I have some friends that did Atkins and jump started it by doing this cleansing thing for a week. Many of them have said it made them feel great. Of course they lost some weight too but it wasn't the main reason to do it.

Thanks for any feedback! Have a wonderful evening!
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had read somewhere that lemons could help you lose weight. So, I made lots of fresh squeezed lemonade with splenda . Don't know if it really helped or not but I did enjoy the taste of it. The other things, I haven't ever heard of using to help weight loss.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:26 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Buffy... congratulations on your weight loss. Regarding the diet drink you are referring to... there is another thread here that has lots of good info... this fad thing is VERY unhealthful! Please reconsider before you try it and at least read the thread. There is a very good detailed post by Suzanne regarding this.

I too drink the juice of a fresh lemon in 32 oz hot water every morning... but this is FAR different than this diet thing which encourages no other nutrition, colonic cleansing, laxatives, etc. It is playing Russian Roulette with one's health
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #4  

Hi Misti -

I actually just read the other thread. I was the one who actually started that thread as well. I'm usually in this area with the low-carbers...but decided to post in the fad diet area too so I could get more eyes on it. I ready what Suzanne said and it was very enlightening. I was just about to try the diet today. I'm happy to say I am NOT going to do that diet. The last thing I want to do is make myself sick.

I am back on Atkins...a diet I really like and is much more healthy and doable for me. Let's see how I do for the month of July. I have a new goal and my exercise is going well. I hope I can stick to the Atkins. I'm giving myself small goals. Trying induction for the entire month and exercising. That's the best way to go about losing weight.

Thanks again Misti -- I really appreciate your concern.

I hope you are having a good day!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/165/145

Hi Misty, I have heard of that fast with that drink. I think I read about it in a Woman's Day magazine a few years ago. As I recall it was just for a few days, but that was all you could have. Do you know the recipe? I need something to jumpstart my weight loss (on a platteau). Thanks, Sara
shushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #6  

Hi Shushu -

If you have hit a plateau, you should refer to the Atkins book about the Fat Fast. I do not recommend the detox drink I talked about when I first started this thread. I did more research on the web about it and it's really, really unhealthy. All it does is that it helps you lose water weight which promptly comes back on when you start eating again. So basically, it's not worth it. The fat fast lets you eat and has great results..but be sure it's something you really want to do.

Do you have the Atkins book?