Old 07-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.
Glad to see so many people back on posting!

Brenda - sounds like our trying hard to keep it all together. Nights have always been tough for me too. I've done alright with having whipped heavy cream with a little sugar free cocoa mix when I REALLY have to have something. how has your weight through all this up and down? Have you lost any or at least held your own?

Idealperson - I love NY too. and I would love to live there as well! just can't afford it. I have never been to see the fireworks (and I grew up in jersey!) It is something that I always wanted to do.
I used to be tempted the same way while cleaning up after dinner. SO to solve that I just don't clean up after dinner! My kids have been great about it! I have gotten past it and am stronger now, but I won't let them know that! lol!

SIO - I"m with MsSpot on this one. Sometimes it's just NOT possible to have one this or that when it comes to carbs and yes, the holidays will be here fast You have to get it in your head now that that stuff is just over! if you start now, by Halloween you will have come so far that you will probably think it's just not worth it to cheat !

Lillybelle - Wow you only have to be 14 for a work permit now? I'm sure she'll be loving making some of her own money! My oldest is only 9 but I guess that time is fast approaching!

Lacey - Glad to see your back! Keep fighting girl! You're entiring the home stretch now! less than 20 lbs to go and look how far you came! You can do it!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #17  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am the exact same way about cleaning up after dinner. Tonite, I made me and DD steaks. She only ate half of hers and while I cleaned up, I considered eating the rest of it. I wasn't even hungry. If it wasn't for my dog standing there begging I'd have probably eaten it. But, Molly won out this time.
I freely admit that I am a carb addict and can't eat just a bite or small amount of it once I get started. I really have to watch the sugar-alcohols as they trigger sweets cravings for me. I used to love Italian food and would eat more than most grown men, it was embarassing. I didn't like to go out to a restaurant. I wanted it homemade, so I could eat half a pan. Sometimes if my DH asked "where's the rest of the lasagna?', I'd lie and say my son took it to work with him. Anything to keep from admitting that I ate it all.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #18  
Baby Steps

Robin: Glad you had a good day with DD

SIO: I can TOTALLY relate to what you said about eating stuff that I've never liked before. I seem to be doing that as well!! But you can do this!!!

Lacey: When you're done cleaning you can come do mine (as I've been slacking and it's showing again)

Kel: Hope you had a great day

Lily: I've gotta say, every time I see your post I have to look at your picture and say "DANG! I wanna succeed like her". Great inspiration My daughter turns 14 at the end of this month. Not sure she'd be wanting to get a job yet. We went to McDonald's last week (one of my MANY screwups) and there was this young kid and there's NO way he could have been 14! He just seemed so young (younger than my 11 year old!!!!)

Ideal: WTG on the raise. Don't beat yourself up too much about the slip. Just get right back on track

NTL: Your advice to everyone was awesome! All of it I could totally relate to and understand--as if you were pointing your finger at me. lol. I've been managing the same 7 pounds throughout the past umpteen months. So that's not bad...I'd just prefer to keep things going and LOSE those 7 and more. I know it's a matter of getting my head on straight and getting serious about this. It's the truth----I'm a carb addict and my body canNOT process carbs like others. So why do that to my body?!?!

Well, except for the lack of exercise and water I'm getting back on track. Back to the 1 step at a time!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #19  

Hello All! Last night's supper was much better, only we didn't eat until 8:30 pm-way too late, but I had grilled meat and veggies. I have many obstacles ahead of me...tomorrow is a business luncheon and food is being brought into us, so I have no control over what is served, Sat. is my DD birthday and she wants a Dairy Queen cake, then Mon-Wed. next week I am back on the road at another conference so that means more food that is served to us without having any input...plus 3 days of hotel rooms and not in my normal routine. Though I have been traveling so much the hotels are feeling pretty normal! I try to get all my conferences and trainings done in the summer, so I don't have to worry about bad weather for traveling and no daycare costs for the kids!

I have been eating too many fruits lately, but they are ripe for picking in my garden and I can't resist...I have been eating strawberries, black caps and raspberries at least 2x per day! Hope everyone else is doing great...what's for dinner tonight at your places?????
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 AM   #20  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I'll start by saying that things aren't going too well for me. Most of you know that I had hernia surgeries with bowel adhesions released in April of this year. I thought I was doing great. I noticed a couple weeks ago that I was having serious problems again with no BM's. I started having severe abdominal pain low in my right side last night. My DH took me to the ER. The Dr. thought at first that it was kidney stones, but it's not. After the Cat Scan he said, he thinks I have adhesions again. This isn't what someone that is is 9 weeks post-op wants to hear. He gave me Morphine and IV fluids and told me to go back and see my surgeon again. I felt Ok most of the day today and then it hit me tonite, I was hurting so bad that it took 4 tries to get off the couch. I plan to see my regular doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks. Probably back to the surgeon. This is so frustrating, I have had 4 abdominal surgeries in the past year and a half. Everytime I think I am better I end up with either a bowel obstruction, hernia or adhesions.
Anyway, it sounds like everyone else is doing great. I don't mean to be depressing, just needed to vent a little.
Thanks Brenda and I know you will lose those other 7 lbs. I had a real rough time getting to goal too. My DD is very excited about her first job. She starts this Saturday. She will be working 4 hr. shifts and will make a whopping $5.15 and hr. plus tips and she thinks this is a gold mine. She is already planning on getting a new hairstyle with her first paycheck. We are good friends with the cafe owner and I think Lacy will enjoy working for her. She had been trying to get babysitting jobs, but I think this will be good for her. She isn't allowed to work more than 15 hrs. a week during the school year which is good. She is an honor student and I want her to keep her grades up.
My dinner tonite was a LC steak quesadilla with sour cream and a little salsa. It was good, my 14 yr. old step-daughter (Shelbey) cooked dinner for me and her while Lacy was at church. She's a sweet girl and she loves to cook.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #21  
Baby Steps

IP: Well, I consider fruits at this time of year necessary thing. Especially seeing how they're fresh and not store bought. Any way to get a suggestion in to the company so they start putting food you can eat OP out?

Lily: So sorry to hear you're having problems again. Do they know why this keeps happening? Thanks for the encouragement--I keep plugging along Keep us informed on how things are going.

Last night I did well. No water or exercise (again), but I did eat OP. Well, if you don't count the Bacardi O I drank (WAYYY too full of carbs) and the smoothie I made. I bought a smoothie maker and now I have to figure out how to make them LC. The fruit I'm not too worried about. It's the juice I add that I've got to look into LC ones (if there is such a thing). My family LOVES them and in this heat it's a good way to cool down. Today I'm going to try and drink only 1 soda and the rest of the time water. I'll probably end up breaking down and drinking it this afternoon. By that time I'm sure I'll have a headache. But my goal for that is to go soda-free (again). THEN maybe the scale will drop. have a great day!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #22  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Lily~ Im so sorry to hear about all this happening to you again. I have to say tho, you're a tough lady to not let this stuff knock you off your eating plan. You're such an inspiration!

Dd and I went to see pirates of the carribean yesterday. It was pouring rain pretty much all day, so it was perfect. Not a bad movie, but the first one was so much better. I suspect its the movie to get you to the end. kwim? My dd loved it....thats all that really matters tho

My dd is 9yrs old, and I never make a point to say Im on a diet or watching my weight....well yesterday she says to me. "Mom I eat too much sugar, starting right now, Im going to cut out the junk food!" She then asked me if Id help her cut out the sugar. I agree with her, but didnt say anything at all about it. So I said sure....she gave me her bubble gum, and suggested I throw out the rest of the brownies So today Im going to make strawberries and cream oatmeal for her and see how she likes it sugar free I'll let you know how her first sugar free day goes Im so proud of her for recognizing that all the sugar stuff isnt good for her.

I think dd and I will head out for a bike ride today. I havent been to the gym for a while, but Im not going to worry about it too much right now.

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thursday all.

Okay... two things.

FitDay rocks.

and Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream (only 4g impact carbs per serving) rocks.

lol

Healing energy to those who need it.

Namaste'

- Jux

ps. My 7 year old son keeps drinking all my Wyler's Light Pink Lemonade. lol
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #24  

Good Morning!

Lady A.... I bought a smoothie maker this last week and we love. I don't use juice, I use the fresh fruit, a LC yogurt (or LC ice cream) and ice. I also make a great one with coffee, SF frozen Cool Whip, DaVinci SF syrup (chocolate flavoring) and ice...very yummy!

I am down one pound today...the scale finally moved!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #25  
lilybelle

Brenda, the doctors haven't really given me a clue why these things keep happening. They only say that with abdominal surgeries "there is always the chance of obstructions or adhesions occurring". Part of the problem, I think, is that since I have had so many hernias and my whole tummy is wired with that mesh, everything just starts to adhere to it. Not sure if that is what causes it, but it's just my opinion.
The smoothies sound great. I have taken fresh strawberries, splenda , water, ice and cool whip and blended it together and it was very tasty. I did the same thing with raspberries and it was good too.
Juxtapose, have you tried Braum's low carb ice cream, it's my favorite. I have tried the Breyers and it is good too.
Robin, that is great that your DD is learning now about leaving the sugar out. My DD uses splenda (she's 14) or sugar-free syrup for a sweetener and she likes it. My DH is the only one that uses sugar. They all use skim milk now.
I chickened out on going to the doctor today. I will wait til I can't stand it. I am just not mentally up for being referred back to a surgeon at this time. I know I shouldn't be this way, but I can't help it right now. I would prefer to see a gastroenterologist first and have a scope to see if anything else might be a problem. I will suggest this to my doctor.
I feel guilty not exercising lately but it hurts too much to walk.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #26  

Lily, I didn't read all this but I have constipation problems, too. That's one reason I can't do low carb. But lately I have found that tomato juice helps. Soy milk has fiber, too. Check out the fiber content of things you eat. I know your story is complicated with illness and there is just a lot that doctors don't know.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #27  
Baby Steps

Just doing a fly-by today. It's RAINING!! WAHOOO!! We needed it SO bad. Then again, not sure if we got enough to help things. It's HOT. So not much going on outside. Which is why I'm going to do grocery shopping now before it gets too much warmer. Supposed to be almost 100 tomorrow!!! ICK!!!! Off I go. OH!! I managed to get half my water in. And decided I can't do the soda-free until next week. Too much going on this weekend and can't deal with the headaches. But I'll be working the water in as well
Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #28  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

I need to smarten up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its hot, humid and I havent been drinking nearly enough water!! So yesterday I got a whopper of a headache, and slept until almost til 10 this morning

Eating has been horrible too...so today restarts everything "again". I am going to stay with it this time. Im making this promise to myself, and I will not break it. Im so tired of feeling like crap.

I finally got our brochures finished and sent off (hopefully) to the printer. I had to upload everything onto their website, and of course my files were huge, and wouldnt go. Wouldnt go thru email either....I think they are finally where they need to be they will call if they didnt get them! I think that attributed to my whopper headache too Felt like my poor little brain exploded in my head

Im off to make my breakie shake, and join one of those challenges to get me motivated.

Have a good one ladies.......stay cool!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #29  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, it is hot here too. Not really anything new to report. I'm off to the kitchen to fix breakfast. Everyone slept in late today. I am needing my coffee. We had ribs and brisket last night cooked on my smoker, ( no sauce for me) and they were sure good. My DD and step-daughter helped clean the house really good last night , it won't stay clean for long, but I like it for now.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

HI all. Not much time for personals today so I'll just send my best to everyone. Hope everyone is having a good week.
Been kind of sown in the dumps this week with personal stuff but thank God, it didn't affect my WOE. At this point that is the ONLY thing I have control of! SO that feels good!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote