Emotions and Atkins

• Hey all,

I'm finishing day 7 on atkins, and have a question.

Today I felt lonely all day, then in the evening had a big fight with my boyfriend. I was sooooo mad at him, but I felt we handled the issue reasonably. However, all I wanted to do afterwards was eat. Really badly. I ate a few handfuls of peanuts and some diet coke instead. Not really off program persay, but not healthy eating, you know?

How do you all deal with the feeling of going through something emotional without having that insane urge? I fought it today, but I don't know how to handle it in the future. I'm afraid I will binge.

Love,
    glam
  • glam
    I know what you mean,in fact I have found myself starting arguements with my husband just so that I had an excuse to (want to ) binge. Thank God, I never did, I resisted. Sometimes I had to just lock myself in my room. Other times I would take a couple of cheese sticks and make myself have them instead. Once you know that you won't give in to the "bad foods" all of a sudden you have less cravings because after all, who would crave a cheese stick! lol.
    I have also thrown myself into exercise at times like that.whichwas very had becasue I HATE exercise but it really helped me get my head straight, not be so moody and calm down.
    maggie
  • There have been times for me when I would get very stressed and just take off walking outside. Give myself time to calm down and re-evaluate the situation. It's usually with my kids, not the DH. The other thing I do is seclude myself in my room from everyone until I am calmer.