low-carb bake mix

• [Does anyone out there have a low-carb bake mix recipe? Something like Atkins I can make on my own?
  • I'm not positive, but I think I saw a recipe for it on the recipe boards here (under the LC forum). I don't have time to look right now though - HTH a bit!
    Robin
  • Thank you Robin! I'm new at this site and haven't found it yet. That dosen't mean it's not there !! I'm also a new computer user. I'm taking classes now to try and get better so I will be a faster typer. Also.. how do you put a recipe on the site? dorisday
  • maybe it wasn't here... I didn't see it when I did a search.

Here are 2 recipes I found.. I have not tried either of them.

Quote:
    Faux Atkins Bake Mix

From ASDLC News Group (USENET)

Faux Atkins Bake Mix

1 cup soy flour

2 cups soy protein isolate

2 tablespoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons Splenda

Sift together then store and use as you would Dr. A's. It's much cheaper
    and things come out about the same.

**You could try substituting soya powder (milder taste) for the soy flour
    and substituting egg protein for soy.

Quote:
    there are many variations of low-carb baking mix floating around on the web.

This is what I use to substitute for 2 C of flour:

1+1/4 C vanilla (or plain, depending on the recipe) whey protein powder -- sometimes I may use 1+1/3, or even 1+1/2 cup whey protein, depending on the recipe)
    2 T vital wheat gluten flour (Bob's Red Mill -- 6 g carbs per quarter-cup)
    2 T oat flour
    1 to 2 tsp xanthan gum
    1 tsp baking powder (this is in addition to whatever is called for the recipe)

Whey protein powder, vital wheat gluten flour, and oat flour are often available in bulk bins in natural food stores or health food store, for much lower prices. You do need to watch the nutrition info labels on these to check the carb counts and make sure they are equivalent
    To post a recipe in the recipe forum, you just post like you did here. Easy as can be. Just get it under the right food type and do a once over to see if someone else already posted the recipe.