Old 06-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  
Mommy of two

S/C/G: 208/190/150

Default Day 11 of Induction and feeling great

I just can't believe how great I feel with this woe. Gone are the afternoon after-meal crashes, the cravings and constantly feeling hungry and best of all gone is the focus on food. I finally feel in control of my eating instead of my eating in control of me. I really didn't think I could control my appetite without a supressant. It was a terrible feeling but all that is gone with Atkins. I actually feel satiated after meals, I don't think about food all day long and I haven't cheated nor had the desire to. I have to remind myself that it's time to eat! After the first few days, I've had increased energy, more alertness and no bloating. I've lost 10 lbs so far and the inches are coming off too. It is no problem for me to stay on induction because it doesn't feel like anything bad. I feel so much better, I just can't stress that enough plus I look great. I have gotten a few comments about my face looking slimmer.

I have only two downsides so far. The first is constipation. I haven't gone since I started . I did purchase sugar-free metamucil and tried to drink that mixed in water and I gaged, couldn't take it. I did try some laxative tea and that got things moving a little. I must find some form of agreable fiber to keep me regular. The other issue is the negative feedback I get when I tell others that I'm on Atkins. No one I know supports this woe. They all say Atkins died of a heart attack or that eating too much saturated fat is bad for cholesterol. I really hate defending something that works so well for me. I now tell folks that I have cut out all sugar, processed foods and white flour. For some reason, they think this is great but if I say "Atkins" I get

Things that have changed for me so far:
10 lbs lost
gone down 1 size from 18 to 16
can fit a ring that I couldn't before
can button most pants that didn't before
no bulging stomach visible through clothing
more energy
higher confidence

SIO
slimminginohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Congratulations!

Congratulations on your weight loss!!! Its amazing how much better you feel on this WOE!!

I am convinced that the majority of people that make negative comments about Dr. Atkins & his eating plan have never bothered to crack the book & read it. When people ask me how I lost my weight, I tell them I lost by counting carbs. If they specifically ask me "are you doing Atkins?" I answer "yes". If I get the strange looks & ignorant comments, I tell them to read the book and then we will discuss this WOE...that usually ends any negativity

Keep up the good work! You're doing great!!!!

All the best to you!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

WTG on the progress! I can't help with the constipation problem--I have the reverse problem (not sure why I'm different from everyone in that regard). As for the negative stuff people say. I've asked people what was worse....eating veggies or eating french fries.Or junk food. Told them I'm eating healthier NOW than I was before so THAT makes ME healthier. They usually quit their attacks. Good luck on that one--and just ignore them if nothing else. You've got to do what makes YOU healthy and happy!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on your successes. I have noticed that people in general think negatively when I tell them I am on Atkins. Personally, I love this way of eating and it has been the only "diet" I was able to stick to long term. I don't feel deprived at all. The longer I have been on Atkins, the less saturated fat I have eaten. I incorporated more fruits and veggies and plenty of cheese and protein. I feel like I eat just as healthy as I ever did on any other plan and lose weight better. People misunderstand and think all we do is pig out on greasy food but this just isn't the case. When I tell people how I lost the weight, now I just say I keep my carbohydrates below 30 a day and exercise. Everyone seems OK with that explanation.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #5  
Susan hockeyfan7

Great job and congrats on the success!

You might try Benefiber instead of the Metamucil -- I find it's a finer powder and it dissolves better. I actually put it in my scrambled eggs instead of drinking it.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #6  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I started on May 22 also. Maybe we can buddy up. I think it is great that you are doing so well. I lost 8 pounds my 1st week, and I have had a ton more energy too. I wish I measured my inches so that I could tell if I am losing them. I started at a size 18, and am wearing a 16. I have several size 14s and size 12s that I am going to try on this weekend. What exercise are you doing?
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:55 AM   #7  
Mommy of two

S/C/G: 208/190/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChris
I started on May 22 also. Maybe we can buddy up. I think it is great that you are doing so well. I lost 8 pounds my 1st week, and I have had a ton more energy too. I wish I measured my inches so that I could tell if I am losing them. I started at a size 18, and am wearing a 16. I have several size 14s and size 12s that I am going to try on this weekend. What exercise are you doing?
Hey MsChris

I actually started atkins on May 21st that Sunday. So I guess June 1 would have been day 12 if you count the first day or if you start counting with Monday then 11. Anyway, we both have pretty similiar start weights and wear about the same size so I think it would be great to buddy up. I noticed your goal is 130 lbs, how tall are you? I'm 5'7" and would love to be about a size 8/10. I too have 14s and 12's in my closet that I'm dying to try on. I pulled out the 14s to get them ready as I'm flying through the sizes but I don't want to get the 12s out just yet. I have noticed too that my shirt went from 2x to 1x and now I wear an L. I lost 6 lbs the first week and I weighed already but second week doesn't really end until Sunday but I've lost 4 lbs so far, that's why I said I lost 10 lbs. I actually started on a weight loss plan on April 24th - May 21st and lost 8 lbs. I was taking weight loss pills, eating little carbs and weigh lifting. I just didn't like how the pills made me feel so jumpy so I stopped. I wanted to continue with something so that's when I started Atkins. That is why I put my start weight at 208 but my Atkins start weight was 200. Anyhoo, I'm not really doing any exercise other than playing with my 2 toddlers (that is a lot of cardio, trust me). I walk and play with them each evening, but I haven't officially done anything. I'm really wanting to find something that I can do and like and I haven't found that yet. I did weightlift for awhile and I liked that to boost my metabolism, burn fat and tone up, I just haven't done it. What exercises are you doing? I would say my two areas that I need to work on is drinking all my water and exercising.

SIO
slimminginohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Hey SIO...when you figure out the motivation for the water and exercise clue me in. I'm having problems in that area as well!

WTG on the weight loss! keep up the great work
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:57 AM   #9  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

I have been just doing whatever I can when I can right now, but I am going to try to start doing WATP daily with weights. I found that I got through them and felt like I worked, but didn't wipe out. I also use a manual elliptical and escape your shape exercises. I have not been consistent yet, and I am hoping to start being consistent by mid month. I am on the exercise not optional challenge.

I swear I am not mimicking you, but I started slowly trimming my carbs two weeks before my start date and I did a fast on that Sunday before. How cool is that? I did that because I am a carbaholic. I would eat 2-3 candy bars a day. - No wonder I am fat right? I also drank caffeinated coffee and sodas. I spent two weeks getting off of all that and did a water fast the Sunday before just to prepare my body for the new foods.

I haven't weighed yet. I will weigh on Monday. I weighed almost everyday the first week and I am trying to get it in control. I am drinking the minimum amount of water everyday. I want to start exercising more consistently and I want to start preparing my meals or at least a meal plan in advance.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote