Old 05-31-2006, 07:05 AM   #16  
Baby Steps

I managed to get 3/4 of my water in yesterday and my eating was good (except the banana..but all things considered I still count it as good). So today shooting for ALL my water and NO non-induction foods. One day at a time.
Sorry I can't do personals. In a couple weeks I should have more time. The kids will be out of school and I'll be TOTALLY done with Girl Scouts. WAHOO!! I still get to count doing laundry as exercise don't I? I'll try and figure out how to squeeze some form of exercise in
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #17  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Not op, but Im getting there. Dh and I are heading to Indiana for a trade show this weekend. We are both looking forward to it. Lots of things to look for and investigate. Hopefully we will keep the spending down below what we spent last year They had lots of cool stuff last year!!! Whodda thunk rulers would be cool and I needed to have one of each size?!?!?!?! Money well spent, they are my fav rulers, and dh gets yelled at when he gets any metal shavings on the underpadding!!

I'll be taking my books with me to read on the drive (menopause books) Im learning alot!! So I will be ready to get into things fully informed when we get back on Sunday.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Good Morning, everyone...

Hang on tight Robin...We know you can get through this...We are here for you. You will be back to you in no time... Trade show...That sound's like fun. I hope you & DH have a great weekend..

Thanks M&Gmom for the prayers and positive thoughts...We appreciate every one...Matt's still doing good...

Susan, Sorry to hear your DH needs surgery..Hope everything goes good...

Maggie.

I cut my DD hair last night it was so long..She kept complaining about it being to hot...It was pretty thick...So i gave her a past the shoulder cut and layered it....I went on instinct...And she loved it..WHEWWW...

I didn't get much water in yesterday either. About 25oz i guess..And i didn't get to do any major house cleaning, Just routine stuff...I did get 25 min. of walking in yesterday...

I spent my afternoon in the ER.... My oldest son (18) came home from work early yesterday..He laid his hammer on the top of the ladder to go down and get another board, when he started to go back up someone told him to move his ladder..He forget about the hammer on the top of it till he moved it....OH **** here come's the hammer...Popped him on the bridge of the nose.... .....I told him we should go to the ER, he was in some major pain...Poor Guy... ....He got it x-rayed... Anyway he factured his nose, not bad, thank goodness...They gave him some pain med's...They said by evening time it would really be hurting....He's doing fine, he's already gone to work this morning....

Maybe this morning i can get more done. My daughter wants to move her room around, so i guess we'll do that...And my walking...I'm going to do that right now...... ...I'm gonna keep it up. I got to tighten some of this flab.....I hope everyone has a good day...
Candy

Last edited by Candy In Alabama; 05-31-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:48 AM   #19  
southernbelle9

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Hello all, Just reading Three Fat Chicks book. Stopped at library to get the Atkins diet but alas, all checked out. As a retired RN, I had always shunned this diet as unhealthy but now am desperate to lose and plan to at least do the first two weeks and then MAY go back to my WW book on my own. How have some of you fared on the Atkins diet? I am a southerner living in Idaho. Lovely here in summer but winter? Forgetit!
southernbelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all
Another hot day here in De. I don't mind thoughbecause I actually look forward tomy water this way!
Brenda - Way to go to get back in the swing of things. Like you said, one day at a time. I suppose if you bend down to put one piece of laundry in the dryer at a time, that could be looked at as exercise. Heck touch your toes while your down there and I'd say it counts!!! ha ha
Robin - Have fun at your trade show I'vebeen toa few different kinds and they have always been fun. Not to mention lots of free stuff!
Southernbelle - I think if you read through these posts you will find the most of us if not all are having great success. THat is as long as we are "good" and stick to it. I have never found an easier way to lose the weight. THe only thing that bothers me is the constipation aspect of it. I don't know how it will be on OWL but I hope it gets better. I don't htink having to take some supplement to make you go to the bathroom is normal. But for now, I'll put up with it.
Have a great day all!
maggie

Candy - Bravo to you for cutting your daughters hair! I was a hairdress (in a past life, before I had kids many moons ago) and I wouldn't attempt it!
Hope your son(s) are doing alright! Gee, it seems like a weeks doesn't go by when someone isn't in the hospital fromthis site! I hope we all have a healthy safe summer!
Tell me about the flab! I just bought a medicine ball and plan to start with that as well. I think I need to get some dumbells next. THe treadmill just doesn't cut it to toning up!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

southernbelle9, Hi. I am also a retired RN. I had seen a lot of co-workers lose a lot of weight with Atkins. Like you, I hadn't tried it because I thought it wasn't healthy. Last summer, my Hepatologist, put me on Atkins and insisted that due to my health, I eat a low-carb diet. I have followed the plan and lost weight quite well. I don't eat as much fat as is recommended and I do eat more fresh fruits than is recommended but still have no trouble taking the weight off. Good luck with whatever plan you choose.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #22  
Susan hockeyfan7

Afternoon everyone!

Brenda, you can do up and down on your steps with your laundry basket. You can do squats and lunges holding on to the washer or dryer. That will do it.

Candy, 25 minutes of walking is great! What's up with all of us going to the ER all of a sudden? Is it contagious??

Robin, have fun at your trade show. Better to spend money on stuff like rulers than on candy!

Maggie, have you tried either adding Benefiber or ground flaxseed to your scrambled eggs in the morning for the constipation? I find that keeps me regular. Plus it gives me added fiber.

Southernbelle - I've lost and kept off 145 lbs for 6 years. And all my blood tests, cholesterol, etc. is normal. The only thing that hasn't gone down yet is my blood pressure and the doc says it's probably genetic for me and I'm just out of luck. We'll see what happens when I get to goal. Welcome to the group.

Hi Lillybelle!

The weird thing I've found is that since I had my surgery, I'm not hungry. Last night, the only thing I wanted for dinner was a very small piece of leftover filet mignon. And this morning, I had eggs with cheese and bacon and now it's almost 1:00 p.m. and I'm not at all hungry for lunch.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #23  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

All. I hope everyone is doing better. Since I work at night, I am bit behind on my statements. I am op so far this week. I have gotten in my water every day. I have kept my focus and not weighed again since Monday. Of course, I had to pick up my scale and throw it in the top of the closet behind winter clothes so that I wouldn't be so tempted anymore, but I didn't weigh. I did WATP - 1 mile with my oldest son today. It wasn't as bad as I thought. It had me sweating and my thighs are killing me, but not so bad.

Needtolose - Have you ever tried putting on ankle and/or wrist weights while you are walking on the treadmill? If your treadmill doesn't have an incline workout - it should help.

Candy - on your 2 days straight of walking. BTW, have you ever tried WATP? Sorry about your son's nose, but glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Susan - Is the lack of appetite an expected side effect. Even if you aren't hungry don't forget to nibble on approved foods. You want to keep your metabolism raring, right?

Southernbelle - to the group.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #24  
southernbelle9

S/C/G: 163/163/140

Thanks, needtolose4me2. I reccommend a prune or two at night for constipation problems(need to count into your diet). This gets old but it better than medicine. Costco has great juicy prunes in a large bag. They are much more effective that prune juice.
southernbelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:44 AM   #25  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Better to spend money on stuff like rulers than on candy!
You're so right Susan!! This year we are looking for cool stuff to drill consistent neat holes!!(amoung other things) Exciting eh???

Im off, protein powder is packed, lunches for the road are packed...should be a good day.

Have a great weekend ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:16 AM   #26  
Baby Steps

Robin: Hope you have fun looking at rulers.

Candy: Sorry to hear about your ER visit. Hope he's doing better! Did you get the room moved around?

Southernbelle: When I eat the Atkins way...I feel better (yup--just need to keep REMINDING myself of that!). This isn't something you can go on for a while and go off then to something else. Make sure this is something you REALLY want to do

Maggie: Tell me how you like the ball. I've been tempted to get one. But first I have to get my tushy moving on the stuff I DO have!

Lilybelle: Your signature is just AWESOME! What great inspiration!

Susan: Don't forget to make sure to eat SOMETHING though. Remember the book also says not to go over 6 (?) hours w/out eating something. Going up and down the basement steps with the laundry baskets ARE a workout..but I'm not going to count it I'll try and get my butt moving! Thanks for the butt kicking I need it!

Chris: Which WATP do you have? Stretchy band or weighted balls? . Awesome workout, eh?!

I'm supposed to be mowing lawn today. As it's a rider I won't get much exercise. Unless you count struggling to stay on the lawnmower as exercise. It sure does "jiggle" the fat so does that count? Next week is going to be hectic, but I should be able to start getting exercise into a routine after that. GS should be over as well as YG. Doesn't make sense as WATP the 1 mile only takes a "few" minutes. What's my problem exactly with exercise? Hmm...need to examine that one. Yesterday was OP for eating, but still didn't get all the water in. But I'm feeling better so THAT'S the main thing rihgt now. Got to get the rest of the water in today and figure out how to get exercise in. Then I should be good to go
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #27  

Morning Ladies:

Sorry -- i'm so behind, so personals are probably not possible but giant 's to each of you. Just wanted to check in. Been busy here, and will be until after vacation in July. I am still mostly OP except for the wine i've been having. Just a little bit (1/2 a cup) because it's a nice change. Scale hasn't gone up, so that's good.

Saturday is my birthday, and i'll be spending it at Conor O'neils pub watching DD dance at a scheduled show... so that's going to be really nice. I won't be having any cake, or sweets, so I will be good. But I will have a nice traditional Irish meal of some kind. Oh, and some good wine with it! LOL

The kids have camped in the backyard for the last 4 days, and I have the feeling they might be spending a good amount of time tis summer out there. They are really enjoying it. It keeps the house clean. LMAO!

Everyone have a lovely day --
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #28  

Hello All! I ate my way through the Memorial Day Weekend-picnics, graduations, birthdays, etc.....so I am back at LC. Rereading the books and all! I am down 27#, but it is going so slow for me! I think my body is used to the WW diet and I am close to goal. This weekend when I drank alcohol and ate croisants, pies, and such I felt so lazy and gross.

Today is a company picnic...so the challenge is always there isn't it?

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 159#

9 more to go to goal
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All!

I think I'm going to start a fast today. I'm a bit nervous but Ithink I'll try to get through it until Sunday. Toatally not happy with no weight coming off for 4 weeks now!

Brenda - I've just started with the ball so , yes, I'll let you know. It has helped me with sit ups. It just makes them a bit easier. I have had 3 c-sections and my stomach muscles are a mess. (they separate when I try to do a sit up and I get this bulge liek my guts are popping out!) I know, TMI
Anyway, my stomach definetely needs to be toned and I have found that this does not bother me as much.

Falon- in case I don't get ontomorrow (if I'm fasting I probaly won't want toget out of bed!) have a happy birthday!

Idealperson - YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO YOUR GOAL! don't lose it now!

Thank you all for the constipation advice. I'll have to check the carbs in prunes. I think that might be high. I've been taking fiberchoice but they are costing me 5 carbs. ( I have to take 3 to get any results from them) I'll have to check the benefiber.
Have a good day all. and yes, I think I do have strap on type weights that I could use on the treadmill. I guess it just conveniently slipped my mind!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #30  

Maggie - Do you mean the fat fast or the egg fast? Good luck with that. Just remember to eat often as not eating enough further screws up our already stressed out metabolism. The body goes into starvation mode and even if you do lose some pounds, when you go back to eating your body will hold on to every ounce cuz it can't be sure when it is getting its next meal!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote