Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #61  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Falon~ hope your little guy gets better quick!

Jackie~ how did your measuring go at curves?

Another busy day today...we are in the process of moving the office we have here in the house to a different room....bigger and more storage space. Things are going good, so we are looking at it as a step up Dh and I have to get a bit better organized, but we're getting there.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
Been busy this week and things are only looking crazier for the weekend.
Well Sherry, I have heard about the diet you are looking at. Quality and savoring the quality of the food seems to be the key. Kind of reminded me on the Sonoma Diet's thought. I hope it works out well for you. Perhaps their recipes might be interchagable.
As for me I'll stick mostly to true Atkins. I've talked to my husband about it. If we go out to eat I will induldge a bit with fresh bread at Italian or rice at Chinese or chips and rice at Mexican (restaurants) etc. Follows along with OWL pretty much for me. And liveable for the long term. Which is what I need.
But my big downfall is sugar. I can't eat a spoon of it. Because I want the whole 4 pounds. If I do eat something sweet, I have to eat it away from home, because I will eat any leftovers in my house. I guess that is where the addiction comes in. Let's face it while I really enjoy fruit, I'm not going to binge on apples. Ice cream is a totally different category. I know it sounds silly to be addicted to food. I do know in my case though if I eat ice cream today at 3 pm, tommorow around 3pm I'll start craving it. Same with chocolate. And my husband has the same thing happen to him.
Anyway we all have our own relationship with food. That seems to be mine. Sucks....
Still hanging in the 170's (up and down every day)..... Doing the water weight game. Hope to see the 60's by Sunday. I'm in a wedding on the SAturday. The reception is at Ponchos Mexican Buffett (temptation). I'm doing an inches off body wrap on Friday afternoon. The jacket is a little tight through the chest, hoping that will help it. Excited to give it a try. That is my mom's day gift. Tommorrow we are going to Six Flags and getting season's passes. A great way to get extra activity in. We went last year and because of our combined weight my husband and I could not ride the parachutes. Hoping tht we can now. At least I do fit in the rides now.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #63  

Robin...didn't measure yesterday because I was running late, but its scheduled for Monday. I'll definitely let you know. It will either be really good or really bad.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #64  
"On the road again...."

S/C/G: 300/290/160

Height: 5'5"

Default just a quick plug

Those who might be interested in a week challenge please see the post that says (It worked for me!)
tammy1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #65  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I'm just checking in. I am feeling so much better. Dressed in real clothes today and my jeans are getting very loose. Yah. Good luck to everyone and well wishes for all.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #66  
Susan hockeyfan7

Afternoon everyone!

Let me tell you a little story about carbs . . .

Yesterday morning I wanted oatmeal for breakfast and oatmeal is supposed to be good for you right? I have this organic oatmeal at home that has no processed ingredients in it -- all natural stuff. I occasionally eat a few carbs.

I grab a packet out of the box and mix it up with flaxseed and raisins and a little skim milk. It was about 9:00 a.m.

About 11:30, my stomach started to hurt really bad, so I figured I'm hungry and it's time for lunch. So I had my lunch which was a chicken salad. Then I'm really, really nauseated, lots of gas, bloating, and a super bad stomach ache.

By 1:00, I thought I was going to pass out or throw up or both. So I looked at the packet of oatmeal I'd eaten.

Guess what? There's a packet in the box that is a multigrain organic oatmeal mix -- and it had organic wheat flakes in it.

I did learn that it only takes about 3 hours for the food to pass through your stomach and get into your small intestine where the wheat reacted with my Celiac and it takes a whole lot longer to come back up and get out of your system.

I'm still feeling queasy today. Yuck! I was poisoned by my oatmeal!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:12 AM   #67  

Susan:
I hope you are feeling better soon. What about Cheerios? I had no idea that oatmaeal would have wheat in it.
Lilybelle:
Glad to hear you are feeling better and wearing your smaller clothes!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #68  
Going to ONEderland

Really Susan that sounds awful. It reminds me of people who are allergic to peanuts and who have to be so very careful about even trace amounts that might exist in candies that have been cooked in the same pots (or whatever) as have been formerly used to cook some with peanuts.

It is a very scary thing to have such a serious food intolerance and to have to be so careful.

It really makes me wonder sometimes how much of these types of things have to do with the state of our immune systems. I think this world is so full of pollutants and strange things that confuse our immune systems, that they overreact on things that SHOULD be natural and ok for anyone.

Stress too, weakens our immune systems. We live in such a stressful society, that we read more and more about people who can't tolerate ordinary things. Like I was reading about people who have terrible allergic reactions to even smelling someone else's perfume or even the scent from their deodorant or other cosmetics they use. To me that sounds like an immune deficiency disorder.

I'm sorry you had to experience this, it must feel awful to have to be so afraid of accidentally eating something that will make you feel that way. I hope you are feeling better.

So is it only wheat? You can eat oats then? I wonder what the difference is.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #69  
Susan hockeyfan7

I can't have wheat, barley, or rye and the oats must be organic. They can't have been grown in the same field as wheat.

Cheerios unfortunately have barley malt flavoring.

I don't eat carbs that often, but every once in a while I want oatmeal for breakfast. It's one of the better carbs you can have if you are going to splurge.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #70  
lilybelle

Susan, sorry to hear about your allergy problem. I was shocked last summer when I found out that I'm allergic to shellfish. I had crab legs and shrimp and ended up in the hospital. They were great for my low-carb woe, but I can never have them again. I know that I have immune system disease, because I have auto-immune hepatitis which has caused my liver to fail. I hope to get a liver transplant after I get all my weight off, but now with losing the weight, my liver-enzymes have went down four-fold which is fantastic for me. I still take steroid (prednisone) every day of my life and this has made weight loss a little more challenging,but it can be done. good luck to you and be very careful of what you eat.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #71  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Hi Everyone!

I come back then go MIA.. What a week!

My hubby was out of town and I am getting ready for my family to decsend on us this week for my youngest's first COmmunion. Talk about stress city!

SOmeone mentioned about sugar really causing a carb craving or going off plan. I can tell you that is a problem I have. I cannot have ANYTHING that might have real sugar in it. I am Insulin Resistant. Sugar will totally mess up my blood sugar .. even just a couple of pinches. Other processed carbs like white flour arent as bad, but sugar.. every single time.

You really cannot collectively say that it is riddiculous to think that way. Many of us on Atkins, are on it for health reasons. I was prescribed atkins by my doctor, believe it or not. I have never felt better in my entire 39 years as I have since being on Atkins.

I have also learned that I am allergic (severely) to Tree Nuts. This puts a major dent into my diet as Macadamias are the worst offenders.

However, the one thing that I have discovered is Flax Meal. I posted earlier this week the recipe for the 1-minute muffin. if you havent tried it.. It makes a wonderful 1 carb breakfast.. and it fills me up! All the antioxidants and the Omega-3s are a plus too!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #72  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

HI all I am not going to try to catch up though I have been brousing. Again.

Work is going and that is all I will say there will be an explosion this week and I can not wait to see what is going to happern. I am hlding on to my seat, but also I will be finding my resume and working on trying to beef it up. it is a mess I have not ween it since 4 years ago and it is not on any of these computers that I have. I will have to start from scratch. UGH!!!

Diet wise I have been skimming the plan so not OP but not as bad as when I am off. Exercise since my toe is starting to feel better (dropped a 25 lb weight on it from standing position over a week ago, nail is going to fall off but after my pedicure I am not willing to take the polish off as it will look gross and if i see it looking gross it will hurt more don't you think?? ) But any ways I can finally wear my sneaker and have been doing more again.

I hope to keep up with all of you guys this week.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #73  
lilybelle

Hi all, I'm recovering greatly and the pounds are coming off. I feel so much better. Will start walking again as soon as I'm comfortable.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #74  

Hi!
Rainy weather here. Kind of dismal.
So I went shopping for the upcoming swim season. Got 3 swimsuits.
1 is a one piece bright blue in a large.
The other 2 are 2 piece suits. And they look pretty good. I could do with some more toning, but truly they look pretty good.
And the great news is they are all new last year 's swim suits found at a closeout store. Total was $17.

Gotta get back into exercising. All this rain has not been walking friendly and having problems motivating to do my dvd's. No excuse other than lack of motivation.