Old 05-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Robin - the water will disappear. And a workout really will make you feel better even if Falon doesn't believe me (hee hee).
....ok, well I dont feel any worse after my workout BUT I did go. The water is leaving too, but I still look like a swollen sausage. Dh asked me how he could help....I told him to find that hidden drain on me somplace, and unplug it!!!

Sherry~ good luck with that. I watched the oprah show a while ago, that had her on it. I liked the idea, but I knew I couldnt do it. Hopefully you will find your "normal" with this particular way of eating.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #17  
Susan hockeyfan7

Sherry, of course you can still post here -- we'll still take you. Keep us posted on what you think and how it works for you.

My weakness is candy -- and I just need to stay away from it -- it's not good for me. It's nothing but sugar.

I think I'm almost luckier than the rest of you. I can't have bread, pasta, cookies, cake, pie, donuts, bagels, muffins, pizza, etc. So I'm not tempted by those things. I also can't go into a restaurant and have french fries even though they are potatoes because they don't use a separate fryer from the breaded foods. I can't have mozzarella sticks, breaded chicken tenders and all that jazz.

I can eat sweet potatoes, potatoes, and corn -- oh and rice which I don't really like. Big deal. I can skip those easily. And later on, I may add potatoes once a week or corn once a week.

But for people who can eat all those things, I can see that temptation would be an issue.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

Dang, I thought I had posted this morning but I see I didn't. Wanted to keep up-to-date and noticed I slacked off on the first day. lol. I'm feeling better, but still no water intake. Slow and steady and I'm going to win this "race".
Hi everyone!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I'm feeling better today. I must have slept 20 out of 24 hours yesterday. Think my body just needed some rest. I actually put real clothes on today for the first time since surgery and that made me feel a little better. Trying to ease back into eating a little, not much of an appetite. My husband has been wonderful at doing the housework and taking care of me. I think some of my swelling is finally going down. I actually miss being able to exercise, never thought that would happen. I had been trying to avoid the pain pills, but now realize I feel a lot better when I go ahead and take one. Hope everyone is having a good day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #20  
Princess to Be

S/C/G: 267/270/175

I didn't cut out caffiene all the way but I did cut out Starbucks to only Sundays. I know they have more caffiene than traditional coffee so maybe that's it. I know I feel awful.
Tiffany_Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #21  

Sherri - good luck with your new way of eating. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Lily - glad things are looking up for you.

Brenda -

Susan -

My DS seems to be better today. He went to the babysitters so at least I got some sleep today. Now I need to go out and mow the yard. I'm trying to talk myself into it.

My eating has been on plan now for about 2 months. I'm very happy about that.

to you all.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #22  
Susan hockeyfan7

I am sitting here at home laughing like you would not believe. Faith the cat was sitting in the windowsill looking out the window and she just fell off onto the floor. She has this shocked look on her face like "Me? I did not just do that!" She's not hurt and it's really funny. Goofy cat!
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #23  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lol at the cat. My dog ,Molly, a big chocolate lab is scared to death of thunder storms. Last night she tried to jump in bed with me and DH. I am way to sore to let her in my bed, besides she is a big bed-hog.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:06 AM   #24  
Baby Steps

Lily: glad you're feeling better! And next hurst to take pain pills when you truly need them. Glad you're taking them to help w/the pain.

Tiffany: Sounds like once a week is a great treat! Good idea to have a plan

Jackie: WTG on being OP for 2 months straight. Great accomplishment! Glad DS is better

Susan: Oh I bet that looked hilarious!

Well, must be a thing for pets lately. Last night I woke up and the dog was right outside our door. She followed me everywhere and didn't want me to go back to bed--like she was scared and needed company. She snuck into the bedroom onto the floor there (DH doesn't like her in the bedroom) and slept. I woke up to coyote's (I think they were coyote's) howling so maybe that scared her? She still seems skittish today.
Yesterday was OP but still no water. I'll work on that today.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #25  

morning Brenda.

at the pet stories. Funny stuff.
M&Gmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #26  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Remember Me?

Leenie, Brenda, and Robin might!

Im Karen and was really active on these boards way back in 2003 - 2004. I had a hysterectomy in 2004 (October) but after that I have been struggling to get back to Atkins 100%..

Well I am back at it now once again and deparately needing support. Today is day 3 on Induction.

The cool thing is that I have been running all this time. I run 12-15 miles a week regularly and do weights and abs 2-3 times a week. So exercise is not the issue. Eating back on plan is.

I am Insulin Resistant, so I need this WOE permenantly. I am also Asthmatic coming off 3 bursts of Prednisone currently so my blood sugar is totally out of whack right now. In 3 weeks I gained back 11 pounds with the steriod, but lost 1.5 as of yesterday. So I know it will come off quick. Predinsone gains always do for me.

KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #27  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Karen I remember you !!! Welcome back
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #28  
TemporaryFatChick

Hi girls, I'm way out of the loop, but wanted to *WAVE* at cha

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #29  
"On the road again...."

S/C/G: 300/290/160

Height: 5'5"

Smile Morning Ladies - week 5 day 3

I big hello to all.
I am just giving a general shout out to all the ladies. You are my sistas and what you decide is best for you I can not question.

I too am clearly a carb addict and everytime I think I can have a little of one of the trigger foods..... away we go!!!!!

So for me, there are some foods that I must stay away from. Accepting that has kept me on plan for the longest string of time with out off plan eating (note the 5 wks 3days).

Thanks for being so open about yourselves and your lives so that I don't have to try to do this alone!

Tammy
tammy1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #30  

Morning Girls:

Lilybelle - Glad you are recovering well. Everyday gets better.

Sherry - I wanted to read that book when it first came out, but I am a carb addict so I decided it wasn't something I could possibly do. I am one who would enjoy a mean comprised completely of carbs. Horrible. Please keep posting here.. I would hate to see you leave. I also want to know how the diet works for you.

Susan - Did you say something?? *ducking and running* Kidding. I don't feel as guilty with the excersise since I do yoga every morning... My muscles are toning more than at the gym, but Andy and I really did get off track, literally.. and need to get back on it. DD has several shows that break into our scheduling, and now Moose has baseball Monday and Thursday, so we need to really squeeze it in where ever we can.

Scale said another pound gone this morning. So did the digital, so i'll check in the morning to see if it's still gone. I would love the whoosh fairy to come my way, but i'll take one pound at a time over nothing at all. <grins>

Ok, kids and I are going to watch Texas Ranchouse that we recorded on the DVR. I love those PBS series. Have a nice day everyone..
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote