3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters

"Atkins can KILL you!"

Old 11-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #16

I'm sure most of you know this, but for those who don't-
Robert Atkins fell on the ice and died of a head injury.

He was in a coma from bleeding around the brain when he reached the hospital, and passed away 9 days later.

(In other words, it wasn't his diet.)
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
Shooting for 100 this yea

S/C/G: 285/285/150

Height: 5.5

I went to my Doctor BEFORE I started Atkins.... I told him step by step what I was going to do... He said it is perfectly fine... it is common sense if you lower your carb intake the pounds will melt right off....
and you won't die from it..... so relax... and watch them fall... i last 19.6 lbs in 22 days so far.....
Oh_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

- people who know nothing, criticise low carb. They sit and stuff their faces with refined sugar and starches and then wonder why they are moody and irritable. I have lost 89lbs since April 2010 by cutting out most carbs (other than my veggie friends) The weight loss is good, by my hair, skin and nails are also good and people say I look so young! Don't worry, belive in your plan - you will succeed if you have the determination and drive to keep it up.

9.4.2010- Morbidly obese 298lbs
9.6.2011-Original Goal weight 153 lbs
New goal 165lbs
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #19

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

I tell them that compared to the way I USED to eat, this is downright healthy. After all, what's healthier than vegetables, meat and cheese (I'm on induction) compared to french fries (among other fried food), potato chips and other fattening food. And I also point out that with this healthier eating, I'll BECOME healthier which means less medical problems. I also tell them if a doctor told me to eat like this they'd not question or argue. Works all the time for me.
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

For the record, my doctor is so excited that I'm on Atkins. He loves the idea of the Paleo diet too, but he does Atkins when his weight goes up.

NEW YEAR'S CHALLENGE: 10 pounds
Start: 207 (12/04)

"My weakness has always been food and men - in that order." Dolly Parton
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #21

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'11''

I'm glad to hear so much support for Atkins. I work as a personal chef, right now, for a man who has over 100lbs to lose. The results on Atkins are so encouraging, his outlook is so positive. He lost thirty pounds in three and a half months in 2010, and we're going to get rid of what's left this year! I too am doing it right alongside, and hope that I'll be down to a fighting weight after losing at least 50lbs, also by the end of the year. I love being able to cook fabulous meals while staying within the Atkins restraints! All those fantastic salads and vegetables. I salivate when I have a tray of roasted veggies in the oven (tossed in olive oil and garlic, sprinkled with Herbes de Provence)! I made that with a roasted pork tenderloin for lunch which I served with horseradish cream! Anyone who badmouths that (when your bloodwork comes totally into line after just six weeks at it) deserves to be told to go pound sand!
LolaCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #22

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaCrane View Post
I'm glad to hear so much support for Atkins. I work as a personal chef, right now, for a man who has over 100lbs to lose. The results on Atkins are so encouraging, his outlook is so positive. He lost thirty pounds in three and a half months in 2010, and we're going to get rid of what's left this year! I too am doing it right alongside, and hope that I'll be down to a fighting weight after losing at least 50lbs, also by the end of the year. I love being able to cook fabulous meals while staying within the Atkins restraints! All those fantastic salads and vegetables. I salivate when I have a tray of roasted veggies in the oven (tossed in olive oil and garlic, sprinkled with Herbes de Provence)! I made that with a roasted pork tenderloin for lunch which I served with horseradish cream! Anyone who badmouths that (when your bloodwork comes totally into line after just six weeks at it) deserves to be told to go pound sand!
+1!!!! The best part (aside from the very real health advantages) is not feeling HUNGRY and deprived constantly!

Eat clean -- I've been primal/paleo since May 2010 Click here for more on how I feel.
Move everyday-- options - walking, biking, dvds - Jillian Michael's, pilates, or yoga
Get plenty of sleep - everything else will be easier when I do this![/color]
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #23

S/C/G: 221 START/215 CURRENT/150 GOAL

Height: 5'7"

I did Atkins in 05 for 9 months and it was hard to start with but after a while i got use to it. I also had family that was un-happy about my choice. But my doctor and i made the choice. It was a better fit for me at that time. Don't worry about what others say. Do whats right for you. I lost 80 pounds on it back then but because I stoped it after I made my goal I did gain it all back and some. So it has to be a life changing choice. I have started it again. down 4lbs since 01-17-11
Pamela1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #24

In my country, Atkins is still taboo, I shall not dare talk to a doctor about it.
Anne333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.