Well I finally

• decided to start.. Today is my first day of induction. For breakfast I had some eggs with green peppers, and sausage.. I really really hate eggs, so what else can I eat for breakfast, thats quick and filling?
    I have to keep telling myself i can do this, I already want to go for carbs... grrrrrrrr such an addict plus i am giving up soda...
  • congratulations for deciding to take a new fork in the road!! The detox from the carbs is the hardest part (I literally thought I was dying). The best way to start, if you are wanting to do atkins, is to grab a book and read read read We're thrilled to have you, pop on over to the weekly chat if you get time!!

Lace
  • This is a great place for support. Sending you lots of to make it thru induction....it can be rough, but hang in there.
  • Ok you guys arent joking, I keep thinking about giving up, but I wont.. as long as its normal... I need to get thru this..
  • YES! Absolutely!

I did Atkins before (lost 60 pounds), then had a baby so here I am again. Anyway, I started induction 6 days ago, and BELIEVE ME, in both induction phases that I have gone through, the first 2-3 days were the hardest because of the "carb withdrawals".

Like I said, I'm day #6...if you can make it past the first 3-4 days, you'll be feeling better...maybe even in day 2 or 3!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • O so many choices for breakfast
    Quiche (yeah, it’s eggs, but it’s yummy)
    Fried cheese
    Cream cheese w/some cinnamon and DiVinci's sugar free syrup
    Sandwiches made in a lettuce wrap. My favs are .5 c cheddar, 1 oz cream cheese, 2T salsa wrapped in a lettuce leaf, or a BLT w/avocado

Cinnamon hot cereal
    3 Tablespoons Flax Meal
    3 Tablespoons Vanilla whey protein powder
    2/3 cup Water
    dash Salt
    1 Tablespoon Butter
    1 teaspoon Cinnamon
    Artificial Sweetener (Splenda) to taste
    1/4 cup Heavy Cream, well chilled
    Mix first 4 ingredients until smooth. Microwave approximately 2 minutes. Top with butter, Sweetener, cinnamon and cream.

Makes 1 serving. 2 carbs per serving if using liquid sweetener (I do.) Adjust as necessary if you use a different sweetener.

GRILLED TOMATOES
    2 slices of a medium tomato, about 1/4" thick, about 1 1/2 ounces
    Salt and Pepper, to taste
    Sprinkling of garlic powder
    1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
    Place tomato slices on a foil-lined baking pan that will fit in your toaster oven. Top with seasonings, then cheese. Broil in toaster oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Good served with eggs.

REVOLUTION ROLLS (add sausage for a sausage biscuit)
    4 egg whites
    3 egg yolks
    1 teaspoon granular Splenda
    Pinch salt
    3 ounces cream cheese
    1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
    Heat oven to 300º. Line a large jpan with parchment paper (do not use wax paper). In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the salt and cream of tartar. Beat until very stiff. In a small bowl, cream the cream cheese; add the yolks and Splenda. Beat well. Pour yolk mixture into the egg whites. Gently fold in (don't overmix). Using a tablespoon, make 6 piles on the baking sheet. Keep piling on top of each mound until the batter is used up. Bake 40-50, until golden brown and spongy to the touch. Cool about 10 minutes on sheet, then peel off the paper and cool to room temperature. When cool, put in a plastic bag and let sit for 1 hour before using. Store in refrigerator for up to about 4 days. Do nt freeze. They can be toasted.
    Makes 6 servings

"PANCAKES"
    2 egg yolks
    2 egg whites
    4 ounces cream cheese, softened
    In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese and the yolks until well blended. Gently fold in the egg whites a little at a time. There's no need to be very careful when folding in the egg whites. I just sort of stirred them in gently with a rubber spatula.
    Heat a little oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Don't let the butter get too dark. Ladle the batter into the hot oil, about one gravy ladle full for each. When well browned on the bottom, very carefully flip and cook the other side. They brown quite fast, so watch closely. Remove to a plate and keep warm. The pancakes are very puffy when first removed, but they flatten as they cool. Add more oil/butter to the pan for each batch, if necessary.
    Makes about 8-10 small pancakes

MOCK FRENCH TOAST
    2 ounces pork rinds, 1/2 cup ground
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    2 tablespoons granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    Put the pork rinds in a quart size ziploc bag, discarding any hard pieces. Crush with a meat mallet until finely crushed. In a small bowl, beat the eggs well; stir in all but pork rinds. Add the pork rinds and let stand for 5-10 minutes until it thickens and becomes "gloppy". Heat a little butter and oil (the oil helps keep the butter from burning) in a very large nonstick skillet. Spoon in batter, dividing into 4 medium size pancakes. If you don't have an extra large skillet, make 2 pancakes at a time. Cook until nicely browned on bottom; flip and cook the other side until brown. Serve with sugar free syrup, if desired (not included in carb count).
    Makes 4 medium pancakes
  • If you don't like eggs, don't eat them.

Sausage links or patties with melted cheese

Bacon strips

Hamburger patties with melted cheese

The packages of either stew beef or stir fry beef you see in the grocery cooked on my George Foreman

A grilled chicken breast with cheese

Atkins recipe for stuffed mushrooms

or whatever else you feel like -- there is nothing in the rule book that says you have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. I didn't all the time.
  • How many carbs for the pancakes. They look yummy and I want to make some. I sooo miss pancakes. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
  • How ya feeling? Hang in there this is the hardest time. You can do it!
  • Quote:
    How many carbs for the pancakes. They look yummy and I want to make some. I sooo miss pancakes.
    535 cal, 4 carb, 21 protein in the whole batch, and they're pretty good