Old 03-02-2006, 07:29 AM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking For those of you who have....

For those of you that have lost big on Atkins and I mean like you have made it past your say 40-50 lbs. loss mark. How long did it take you and did you exercise a whole lot? Any tips and tricks or motivation you can give us new comers? -Sandra
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

Sondra in 2000, I lost 50 pounds. It took me 8 months, but I wasn't consistently on the diet the whole time. I would go on and off and I was keeping a chart of my progress during that time and it had hills and valleys where I would lose, regain some during off times and then get back on.

Over the next two years I lost an additional 10 pounds, then I hit a point where I couldn't seem to lose any more too frustrated too annoyed, maybe didn't really want to? I'm not sure. I did increase my exercise after losing the initial 50 and hitting a standstill. I don't recall particularly exercising much at all during the first 8 months. When I reached a point where I wasn't able to lose any more I had to add in exercise, but initially I'm not sure I did much at all. I started at 282, dropped to 232 during the 8 months. Got to 223 or so and after a very intense workout time AND Atkins induction I got briefly to 220. But I was exhausted and unable to exercise like that at that level of carbs so couldn't sustain the 220.

Now after gaining a lot of that back, I'm back on Atkins and have gone from 268.5 in December to 246 yesterday. The first 4 pounds lost in December were from "just being careful" what I ate, not truly being on Atkins. So the majority of that weight has been lost since January 2nd.

Hope that helps.

I've known some (Kim K is one) who have lost huge amounts of weight in a very short time. One girl I knew was consistently losing 5 pounds a week. She was on strict induction that whole time though.

If you lose it too fast though it can really mess with your body. You can start to lose hair etc.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

I'm not sure that I'm who you're looking for, but I've been pretty successful so far. I started on October 20, which makes about 4 months, and I'm down 39 pounds and have about 60 to go. I feel good about it

The more weight you have to loose, the more important it is to exercise. If you start out quite large and loose quickly w/o exercising, in the end your body will be flabby and unattractive. Even Dr. A states that exercise is a must. I have tried a bunch of different things for exercise, and found that walking and a series of tapes "Callanetics" have been about the only thing I like. You don't have to go **** bent for leather, just open the door, to outside and walk for 5 minutes, then turn around and come back.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #4  
Susan hockeyfan7

I lost 100 lbs in about 18 months. But then I fluctuated back and forth about 40 lbs for the next 2.5 - 3 years. I wasn't paying attention to what I was eating either. Starting again in May 2005, I've lost 40 lbs and kept off the first 100.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #5  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow that is awesome ladies. Good job. You give me major hope and dont worry, I know the importance of exercise and lifting weights. We can all do this. AND Hockyfan, wow! You are doing such a good job. Keep up the good work!
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:35 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have lost 76 lbs. total, and had lost 59 lbs. in the first 6 months. I have walked from day 1. Started with only 20 min' walk 4xweekly now doing 1hr. walk 4 x weekly. Weight loss is slow now, only lost 17 lbs. in last 3 1/2 months but am sticking to program and continuing to exercise. The first 6 months sure seemed easier than it is now, less incentive I guess when losing so much slower, but I won't give up. Good Luck
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:19 AM   #7  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

the weight loss didn't REALLY kick in until I started walking (approx. 3 miles a day). I read a post on this board once about motivation....the second you start talking yourself out of exercising, put your shoes on and get out the door as soon as possible!! Your entire day will go better once you've exercised.

I have 2 girls ages 12 and 3, and I walk super early in the morning before anyone wakes up and while my dh is still home
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I've lost over 60 pounds total. Everytime I try something different I gain a few pounds and take it back off after I get back on Atkins
I started exercising pretty early on. Really helps to keep things moving in the right direction. Variety is the spice of it though and I try to incorporate different activities every week. I walk, ride bikes, do an older ski machine, yoga, jazzercise and calenetics. I use weights to work out my arms.
The odd thing I find is I remember being this weight before and not being this small. I think Atkins really impacts the inches more than the pounds.At least for me. I'm in the 180's and wear 10's and 12's. The upper body is finally starting to come down some.
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree Ciara. I have noticed the inches more than any program that I have ever been on. I am smaller at this current weight than I ever was before. Just wish tummy would go away, hips and thighs are fine. I am down to 156 now and wearing a size 4 in jeans. Never wore a 4 before, usually in 150's I would wear a 7 or 8. Oh well, I'll take it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote